Jessops - Never Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
language? There was no swear words in my pms. I was merely asking what was the point in saying my nephew didnt exist. Why would i do that? Please enlighten me.

Well this is only headed in one direction! :shake:

I aint commenting on this thread anymore now. Done with it. I dont have time to argue with children like flashinthepan. Its so easy to talk to people like dirt on a forum. Very hard in person.

well this has made my night, I normally have to tell the kids to pack it in and get ready for bed, but due to the weather the kids are not a problem and i have landed on this thread when they come in and start there **** about going to bed I will tell them to grow up just as you do on here!

Prick eh I mean Michael.

Its so easy to talk to people like dirt on a forum. Very hard in person.

I refer you to sdb123's post above (#75) ;) The only person I've seen talk to people like dirt on this thread has been you. :thumbsdown:

Well the forum will be a better place if i dont come on again then wont it

Very mature! :clap:

Err....it was you that made the threats and used the word "prick" in the pm, so.....:shrug:

Like I said before, if this is how you approached Jessops then you did well to even get a refund.

Anyway, it's a lovely evening here and I don't feel like letting you spoil it so..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my night is good aswell , you couldnt spoil mine as you have no effect on me

has the money appeared in your account yet prince clan?

princeclan,

Let me ask you some questions who are you more mad at ?

Your nephew who seems all accounts to be a little ungtratefull considering that his uncle has spent £££ on a camera, or Jessops for not refunding your money quick enough?

Most people would have been more angy at your nephew, is it possible that you are directing your feelings of anger and dissapointment in the wrong direction?

Finally I think you did a great kindness in buying your nephew who by all acounts is not rolling in money a great piece of kit, I think it is sad that you were treated in such a way.

Spend the money on yourself, you are worth it :)

one more bicker guys, anyone. :bat:

ive just read 3 pages of lip-out sulking, backbiting, sniping, and general rudeness, and i get to the end to find Dod beat me too it.

So to echo Dod, anyone else says anything out of line and its 24 hours off

always one step behind eh matty??:LOL:

I'm not sure who is worse in this case
Jessops or the Nephew

If I had bought a gift like that for someone and they turned up their nose at it they'd need surgery to get it removed from their aerosol.

one more bicker guys, anyone. :bat:

ive just read 3 pages of lip-out sulking, backbiting, sniping, and general rudeness, and i get to the end to find Dod beat me too it.

So to echo Dod, anyone else says anything out of line and its 24 hours off

At least.

Mods, just like buses - wait for ages then 3 come along at once :LOL:

(just hoping that comment isn't out of line :muted:)

Guys and Gals, is there any point in continuing this - the OP obviously cares for his nephew and sounds like he was trying to do some thing nice for some one who was going through a rough patch, it just didn't work out like that.

Jessops is **** i hate them.. i dont blame you never buying anything from there anymore

Guys and Gals, is there any point in continuing this - the OP obviously cares for his nephew and sounds like he was trying to do some thing nice for some one who was going through a rough patch, it just didn't work out like that.

People with actually care about their family and dont buy things for reward or praise musnt exist anymore dapprman.

I have infact bought him a second hand Canon 40d from ebay. I suppose im wrong in that too?

People these days are so wrapped up in themselves that they fail to realise that by helping somebody out and not putting yourself first all the time is actually a really nice feeling. Yes he was a bit ungrateful but have we not all been at some point?

I dont care what anybody says here. I could have the money sitting in my bank and feeling ok. I feel brilliant knowing i have taken a bit of pressure of a young lad who doesnt need pressure at the moment.

If that makes me stupid/bad/an idiot then i am sooooooooooooo glad to be that!

Last edited:
when all is said and done.. you are one hell of an uncle. i wish i had one like you.

Yes he was a liitle ungreatful and yes that is kids nowadays they "know" what they want. but what you have done for him must make you happy as you are helping out a young lad. well done you is all i can say.

on the Jessops note, i have never had a problem so i can't comment on the service you recieved.

A lot of companies have their own procedure dealing with refunds. Normally if the refund is over £250 (for example) regardless of the type of payment made the refund will nearly always come from either a bank transfer or refund onto a card. This is genernerally due to insurance - these retailers are not insured to have over this amount in the till and it would obviously be high-risk to keep on opening a safe containing large amounts of cash as this could open themselves up to robberies etc.

I understand that it must be frustrating having to wait for money to be refunded onto cards, but I think customer service (telephone) would've got it wrong trying to 'keep the customer happy' by telling you they should've refunded cash.

I know for a fact that Apple will not refund over £250 cash regardless of whether it was paid cash of not. The refund can only go electronically and they state 10 days!

David

My take :D

1: You made a mistake and bought the wrong item.

2: I presume (and it's more or less not relevant), but I presume you opened the box and had a look at the kit.

3: You took item back, and Jessops GLADLY offered a full refund. Perhaps on terms you are not happy with :)

4: You go on a tirade against a company who has given in to your indecisiveness and agreed a full refund, even though they had ZERO legal obligation to do so.

You got great service IMO, and Jessops deserve a round of applause. If you had bought it from a one man local shop, you would have been told to sling your hook, and quite rightly.

Gary.

when all is said and done.. you are one hell of an uncle. i wish i had one like you.

Yes he was a liitle ungreatful and yes that is kids nowadays they "know" what they want. but what you have done for him must make you happy as you are helping out a young lad. well done you is all i can say.

on the Jessops note, i have never had a problem so i can't comment on the service you recieved.

Thanks for that :)

My take :D

1: You made a mistake and bought the wrong item.

2: I presume (and it's more or less not relevant), but I presume you opened the box and had a look at the kit.

3: You took item back, and Jessops GLADLY offered a full refund. Perhaps on terms you are not happy with :)

4: You go on a tirade against a company who has given in to your indecisiveness and agreed a full refund, even though they had ZERO legal obligation to do so.

You got great service IMO, and Jessops deserve a round of applause. If you had bought it from a one man local shop, you would have been told to sling your hook, and quite rightly.

Gary.

Okay...

1: Yes i made a mistake.

2: No , they opened the box to check the contents. NOT me!

3: It was the case they lied to me that got my back up the most.

4: Jessops clearly says on the receipt it offers a refund for unused items within 30 days. I was CLEARLY entitled to a full refund. You need to learn the law and learn about their returns policy before making strong statements such as "ZERO OBLIGATION" Walk into a jessops store as soon as possible and look on the back of their receipts. You will be educated then.

Okay...

1: Yes i made a mistake.

2: No , they opened the box to check the contents. NOT me!

3: It was the case they lied to me that got my back up the most.

4: Jessops clearly says on the receipt it offers a refund for unused items within 30 days. I was CLEARLY entitled to a full refund. You need to learn the law and learn about their returns policy before making strong statements such as "ZERO OBLIGATION" Walk into a jessops store as soon as possible and look on the back of their receipts. You will be educated then.

They offered you a full refund though, I would have bitten my lip and humbly accepted. And trust me, I have been through this ALL before. Bought a £2K projector from Comet, took it home, it blew up. Would they take it back? Would they hell. I went right through the trading standards rulebook and had several phonecalls with them. You sir had ZERO legal right for a refund, the Jessops T & C's will not be binding on refunds, they will be guidelines, otherwise, their contract lawyers are idiots. Which I doubt.

Gary.

Of course i had a right to refund. they print the terms on the receipts and in store. That states their policy to protect the consumer.

I couldnt join a gym, agree to pay for 12 months and then after 2 months say "no im cancelling now and want no penalties as my signature was a guidline"

Get real. They would slap me in court no doubt.

Of course i had a right to refund. they print the terms on the receipts and in store. That states their policy to protect the consumer.

I couldnt join a gym, agree to pay for 12 months and then after 2 months say "no im cancelling now and want no penalties as my signature was a guidline"

Small print exists for a reason, and it has to be read sadly. I am no expert on contracts but I would put a wager on the "POLICY" that Jessops has in place is breakable if they want it to be. Why would they design a contract which ties a noose around their neck, when legally, they need not offer a refund?

It's a mute point anyway - all that matters is, you were offered a full refund, and because you were not happy with the method of said refund, you are ranting and raving. Again, you are lucky you bought from a store like Jessops. Go try the same trick with a local dealer or one man band, then you will see how lucky you have been. Show some gratitude.

Gary.

Of course, you may have had a right to a refund if all is as you say it is. But if you wan't to be such a sucker for the rules...nowhere (on their receipts or in law), does it say the refund will be done in the same method as the payment!

(I don't have a receipt to hand, and will stand corrected if it does :p)

Last edited:
I have a Jessops receipt in front of me now from a purchase made on Friday and there is no reference made to any money back guarantee, simply after 30 days they will return the product to the manufacturer for repair. The website states...

Once Jessops have received the goods back undamaged, you will be refunded or credited within a maximum of 28 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your payment card for the goods.

There will always be terms and conditions associated with these 'money back guarantees' and it seems that Jessops have been very gracious in accepting back an "unwanted" gift and giing a refund rather than a credit note.

DB

EdinburghGary,

This is obviously an aim of yours to try and dig at me. I didnt try a trick as you put it. I bought something, took it back as it was the wrong one , totally unused and had a refund. You need to study the law before trying to be an expert on it. I dont show gratitude to people who lie to me. If your standards are so low to accept that then you obviously dont have as much self respect as me then.

I think this thread needs to be closed as it is just a place for narrow minded people like yourself to come out of the woodwork and claim to be 100% perfect.

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back