Just had some very heartbreaking news

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Eileens sons, fiancee has just had it confirmed her unborn child of 19 weeks has died, Poppy died two days ago without her mum knowing untill some tests today and Dawn will go into hospital on monday to have the necessary, we really dont know what to say at this moment.

God bless Poppy

thats really sad news... i feel for you

I just want to thank all of you for your support. We were really looking forward to our first grandchild.

Thats awful news, poor girl.

spike

Really sorry to hear the news. My thoughts are with you all.

:( Very sad news Pete, Eileen.

My thoughts are with you and all the family.

My thoughts are with you & your family bud, ive been there myself on two
occasions.

One went 8mths before the dreaded news & the other was ectopic.

Words are hard to find.

thats well bad. thoughts are with you all at this time.

I know of a friend who had an miscarriage when she was three months gone.

Three years later, she went onto getting pregnant again . . . with twins. Both babies are now healthy two-years old boys.

It goes to show that even in deepest darkness there can still be light at the end of the tunnel.

All the best for you and your family.

Thats a nice story Ian but Dawn hasnt had a miscarriage, she is still carrying Poppy untill monday, it must be bloody hard for her knowing whats happening on monday and for Mik too, hopefully we will get our first grandkid and hopefully it will be from Mik and Dawn.

Thanks for the wishes Ian and keep up the good weather predictions mate

Pete

Sorry to hear your news, my deepest sympathies. As you mention before, its sounding like a stillborn than a miscarriage.

Yes Viewfinder heartbreaking but a fact of life I am afraid, we werent the first and certainly wont be the last, its a shame she was never allowed the right to live but that wasnt within our control, like we say its life and I know this sounds callous but I am glad it didnt happen a year or two down the line once we had got to know amd love her

You're right. there are no words.
Thoughts are with you. be strong.

Thank you everyone, we are fine and will offer as much support to Dawn and Mik as they need its just nice to see so many caring messages and once the bad news has died down we will pass all your thoughts on to them both

I'm so sorry to hear of this sad news. Will she be going to Scunthorpe? I worked there for 6 years as a midwife, so have first hand experience (from a health professional point of view) of the process Dawn will go through. One of the nice things is that they try to get as many mementoes as possible for the parents. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

My thoughts are with you all

Awww thanks Cheryl.They live in Wittering so will be going to Peterborough hospital.

Pete, Eileen just read this and I really feel for you and your family.

So sorry to hear your news and wish all of you all the best for the future.

Once again we thank every one of you, its hard but it happens all the time and more often than gets pubicised, we do hope to become grandparents one day, but thats in the hands of a higher authority, but for now we just hope Dawn can come to terms with the inevitable this coming week, the PMs have been a godsend especially the special one from a midwife (no names mentioned you know who you are) explaining what is going to happen and we hope its not on the labour ward for Dawns sake, anyhow we are getting on with things as normal as we are both old and ugly enough to know this happens in the real world and theres nothing we can do to change history, Poppy has gone and we will think about her in future years to come but we have to carry on like the thousands before us have done so once again thanks for all the lovely messages and PMs they made us feel a damm sight better on the day and made things easier and helped myself and Eileen put things into perspective.

Thank you

Peter & Eileen

My wife and I lost our first at 12 weeks, it's a common ocurrence apparently but that didnt make it any easier for us, we had two beautiful children after that and the only comfort we got from our miscarage was that it was probably better the unborn wasnt born deformed or damaged and it was nature's way of giving us two perfect babies.

Time will heal but none of your family wil ever forget your unborn, we havent to this day, nearly thirty years later.

Best wishes to all.
Matt

My best wishes go to you and the family.
This is very sad but it is quite common - more than I realised.
During a module at uni, I was amazed to hear that most women have this happen to them,(in the very early stages) without knowing it as it appears to be a heavy period. Obviously this case isn't the very early stages and the baby even has a name, which makes it harder to let go.

Hopefully, when everything's settled down and they feel ready to have another try - they'll manage it and you'll have a beautiful grandchild :clap:

Hi Pete, just seen this and wanted to add our condolences. We had similar experience 13 odd years ago and things seemed pretty bleak for a while but we now have an unstoppable 12 year old and its all just a dim, dark memory.

Andy

Back