Critique required Kell's 2023 TP52 - WEEK 52. Shots(s) of the year.

Good catch up. Unsightly, looks interesting but would benefitfrom a few days of tidying up.

Pretty, it’s difficult sometimes. I use an iPhone sometimes and it’s great in good light but less than ideal conditions soon shows it’s limitation
Thanks.

I couldn’t work out if it was in use or not. There were plenty of signs suggesting it might be, but it certainly looked abandoned.

If it wasn't, I'm not sure I'd have fancied anything from the Cafe...

CAFFE by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
Unsightly, upon closer inspection think it would take a lot more than a few days to tidy it up :)

Windows, two good shots The different colours, angles and lines in your chosen shot make it for me.

The coloured windows works for me, but interesting reflections in the B&W one.

Great set of catch-up shots Kell. Makes me jealous seeing vacation shots :D

I agree about the windows shot. The clouds and the deep black make for a more dramatic shot.

Both good shots but (surprising for me I know!) I prefer the mono version for the moodiness. There is a black glass building in Ipswich that I was going to shoot for this along a similar theme but haven't had time to get there.

Both lovely shot Kell, but I'm leaning toward the colour image.

Two great shots. It's the B&W for me.

Colour has the drama, b&w more technically interesting, both work well
Thanks Alan.

Unsightly, upon closer inspection think it would take a lot more than a few days to tidy it up :)

Windows, two good shots The different colours, angles and lines in your chosen shot make it for me.
I think even in camera (or, more correctly, in iPhone) I liked that one. The only annoyance for me is the rubber seal that's gone on one of the windows. Didn't notice till after I'd posted it.

The coloured windows works for me, but interesting reflections in the B&W one.
Thanks. I do like a moody conversion and I did play with reflections of windows in other windows.

Great set of catch-up shots Kell. Makes me jealous seeing vacation shots :D

I agree about the windows shot. The clouds and the deep black make for a more dramatic shot.
Croatia was a real revelation to us. Such a lovely country.

Both good shots but (surprising for me I know!) I prefer the mono version for the moodiness. There is a black glass building in Ipswich that I was going to shoot for this along a similar theme but haven't had time to get there.
Luckily for me, when I saw the theme, I knew which way I could walk home to see lots of windows. I think I was lucky that I was there with an iPhone as the security guards were getting a little suspicious. Think if I'd had anything that looked liked a 'proper' camera they might have had a word.

Both lovely shot Kell, but I'm leaning toward the colour image.

Thanks Simon. On 'reflection' I think I made the right choice for me.

WEEK 31: ABANDONED

I cycle to work and we're lucky enough to have an underground car park. Over the years (at various offices) I've noticed that people often just leave their bikes there for years. Maybe they genuinely forget they're there and move jobs. and they become dustier and dustier over time. Normally though they're locked up where they were left - these look properly ABANDONED.

iPhone shots. PP in LR. Various viewpoints from wide to close up. I preferred the mid...

TP522023 - WK31 - ABANDONED-1 by Kell, on Flickr

TP522023 - WK31 - ABANDONED-2 by Kell, on Flickr

TP522023 - WK31 - ABANDONED-3 by Kell, on Flickr

Nice moody monos Kell :)

Nice moody monos Kell :)

Lovely images Kell - loving the lighting.

Thanks both.

Was at a bit of a loss what to do for that week as I knew I was away at the weekends,

Beggars belief that people can just forget about a bike. To me anyway.

Week 24 Sound.

One of my commutes to work goes fairly close to Abbey Road, so i took a little detour this morning. Cycle commute, so I only had my phone...

Using this as I can’t think of a more famous SOUND studio than Abbey Road.

I don't see this as anything more than a record shot (pun intended)...

TP522023 - WK24- Sound-2 by Kell, on Flickr

But I quite like taking pics of detail

TP522023 - WK24- Sound-1 by Kell, on Flickr

I also quite like taking pictures of people taking pictures. Whenever I've been near, you always see someone doing this - I think this is probably the most recognisable shot for the theme.

TP522023 - WK24- Sound-3 by Kell, on Flickr
Nicely Done!

Week 24 - Possession

Had a couple of thoughts this week.

The first was doing something like this, 'cos possession is 9/10ths and all that.

TP522023 - WK32 - Possession 02 by Kell, on Flickr

But I wasn't a massive fan of it.

The second was to observe someone (or something) clearly saying that "This is mine"

So here's our cat clearly claiming this chair as his POSSESSION

TP52 - WK32 - Possession by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nicely defined against the oof gantry behind

Nice kooky thing!

Nice light on the owner of the chair :)

Great colour on the hook block against the lighter/OOF background

Really like the moody, low-key processing of your abandoned shot. And the pop of colour from the crane is awesome.

Possession. That's definitely "his" and I wouldn't try to reclaim it given his expression.
Machine. Well spotted on the colour, it really pops and the dof gives it context.

Nicely defined against the oof gantry behind

Thanks - I took one with the hook just in the sky, but preferred the context.

Nice kooky thing!

kooky hooky

Nice light on the owner of the chair :)

Great colour on the hook block against the lighter/OOF background

Yeah - he was very happy to be sat there in the sun.

Really like the moody, low-key processing of your abandoned shot. And the pop of colour from the crane is awesome.

Thanks - I'm not normally a fan of a vignette, but I think it helped in this instance.

Possession. That's definitely "his" and I wouldn't try to reclaim it given his expression.
Machine. Well spotted on the colour, it really pops and the dof gives it context.

Thanks - he definitely wasn't in the mood to give up the chair that day.

Out and about this weekend. But didn't have anything other than my phone on me.

Spotted this collection of lids outside a church - but while it fit the theme, it didn't float my boat.

TP522023 - WK34 - CIRCLES-3 by Kell, on Flickr

Then stumbled across the opera house in Buxton. And thought these were much more appealing. And it was the full version that did it for me.

TP522023 - WK34 - CIRCLES-6 by Kell, on Flickr

TP522023 - WK34 - CIRCLES-8 by Kell, on Flickr

Oooooh that's a clever clogs take on the theme :)

Cracking take on the theme. Very nice shot. Looks like a place with loads of history.

Nice shot of a lovely looking building. Phone pic has captured the building itself well.

Good choice of mono Kell :)

Nice shots Kell. Really like your circles shot, very well sotted and composed. Your processing of your snappers shot is great.

Nice snapper's choice Kell.
I wonder how fresh this eggs are....?

Nice shots Kell. Really like your circles shot, very well sotted and composed. Your processing of your snappers shot is great.
Thanks Bill - I was quite fortunate with the circles shot. It sort of fell into my lap a bit as it wasn't planned.

Nice snapper's choice Kell.
I wonder how fresh this eggs are....?
thanks Simon - I've often been tempted to buy from one of these places, but never really considered that. Always assumed they're straight from the chicken.

B&W really suits that shot, though probably would not help egg sales :)
We have lots of them around here though some have put cameras covering their honesty boxes, seen a couple of pictures on local FB asking people to return the eggs or pay the money.

Nicely composed and I agree with the others, perfect for mono. Expensive eggs in your neck of the woods!!

Nicely composed and I agree with the others, perfect for mono. Expensive eggs in your neck of the woods!!
Thanks.

Although it’s not my neck of the woods. We were visiting friends in the Peak District. This farm is right next to a campsite, so I suspect they can put their prices up as they have a captive audience.

Back