Landscapes along the South West Coast (M5!)

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been meaning to do this thread for a while as it nicely showcases my favourite landscapes taken along the M5 corridor between Somerset and Avonmouth. Some may have been seen before so apologies!

So in geographical order from South to North,

1) Starting at Burnham on Sea, my long exposure of the famous lighthouse (2012).

Candy Floss
by Brazo76, on Flickr

2) Next about 500 metres along the coast the shipwreck at Berrow beach (2013).

Skeleton
by Brazo76, on Flickr

3) Then about 200 metres further north again we have some Sea groynes at Berrow (2013).

Flow
by Brazo76, on Flickr

4) Then moving north again to Brean beach head (2012).

253 Seconds
by Brazo76, on Flickr

5) A quick drive north on the M5 takes you to Clevedon pier (2012)

Clevedon Twilight
by Brazo76, on Flickr

6) Next up we have Portishead which has a fabulous Marina and 'bay' (both 2012)

Pink and Blue
by Brazo76, on Flickr

7)
Space Station
by Brazo76, on Flickr

8) And lastly Avonmouth/severn bridge (2013).

Severn Sunset
by Brazo76, on Flickr

Sorry for all the photos just wanted to capture this area in one foul swoop!

Last edited:
love the set, really beautiful colours and a great showcase for what's in your area :)
x

Great set but love #6 & #7 :)

I love the whole set too,
but for me #2 really stands out.
From the way the colours compliment each other, right down to the fact that
the rotting carcass, draws your eye way out to the horizon.
You try to look left of image, but you are forced to look right. (y)

Superb set, where was no 5 taken ?
pics 5 + 7 are simply fantastic, lovely composition on both

Mark, didnt realise we lived in same place, if you fancy it send me a pm when you are next out with your camera and we can meet up to take a few pics

Simon

I love the whole set too,
but for me #2 really stands out.
From the way the colours compliment each other, right down to the fact that
the rotting carcass, draws your eye way out to the horizon.
You try to look left of image, but you are forced to look right. (y)

:agree: It did this to me as well, lovely images and worth showing as a set.

They are almost 'calendar' like :)

Stunning collection!!

#1 is perfect, love it! The rest are excellent too. #2 is my least favourite but thats probably more down to the fact the others are more my preferred subject matter and things.

Fantastic set very inspiring!

Love the colours in #5 which is my personal favourite, also like #1, hoping to have a go at some long exposures soon myself.

Thanks for sharing (y)

What a great set Mark...hard to pick out a favourite but as others have said the way number 2 puts your eyes into the horizon is superb

That's a fantastic set Mark, no5 does it for me though, beautiful colours.

Some gorgeous picture there! Too many to say anything but thanks for sharing

Lovely collection of shots. 1,5,7 are my favourites. All display beautiful colours.

Wow ! What an amazing set..I started of with " that's nice"..then scrolled down " wow" and so on..

Love them - 1,5 and 6 for me

Very nice Mark. I love 1 and 5, great colours and very nice composition. Great work.

A fantastic set of photos. I can't personally choose a favourite as they are all excellent.

All beautiful photos, if I find myself getting up early every weekend.. I'll blame you :) (although I'm in sunrise mode, and if these are all sunsets - then it just goes to show I got up too early today.. and should go back to bed!)

Last edited:
Stunners Mark, the lot of them! I live pretty much slap bang in the middle of the series, I've been to a couple of the locations and now have the rest firmly on the list!

I'm a huge fan of the long exposure sunset - yours are top echelon, but number 7 is the stand out image to me!

Thank you all, what I crave for the most in a landscape is utter simplicity and try to avoid cluttered scenes or landscapes simply focusing on the key elements that make up the scene.

@dancook they are all sunsets, i'm not the best early riser but thankfully live closer to the west cost than than the East!

Back