Lego "War of the worlds" Power of Paint Weds 22nd Aug

Suddenly, turning a corner, Martin came across the alien with the broom. "What do you do here in this place?????" asked the alien. "I've been ordered to work on flying machines, can you show me where?" said Martin "Yezzzzz, follow me" replied the alien and off they went.

RPW_179 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

After a few minutes they reached the hangers " Many thanks" said Martin to the alien

RPW_180 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Martin climbed into the nearest ship and once he had worked out the controls, removed the mask and donned his hat. The alien looked aghast as he saw that it was a human and it suddenly occured to him that he was going to be doing worse jobs than sweeping up!!!!!!!!!

RPW_181 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Martin closed the transparent lid, and zoomed away from the alien base.

RPW_182 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

The alien looked aghast as he saw that it was a human and it suddenly occured to him that he was going to be doing worse jobs than sweeping up!!!!!!!!!
But only if he reports it. :nono:
You've got a broom, find a carpet and sweep this under it. :D

After living through all those visitors, he'll be fine(y)

Whew!!! Glad to hear it because I kind of liked him.
I reckon with all that experience he could have a spin off series all of his own.

Good stuff again

Pic RPW 181 is excellent . Real feeling that the ship is flying

(y) My thoughts exactly.
That one and 182. Well done Rob.

:woot: :woot: :woot: Go Martin !!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: Go Martin !!!
I suspect there's more adventures yet for our Martin.
Don't forget, if he flies straight home, Yv will pick him up on her jaffa cake detector radar truck and he'll get Sidney'd by the rest of the gang.

I suspect there's more adventures yet for our Martin.
Don't forget, if he flies straight home, Yv will pick him up on her jaffa cake detector radar truck and he'll get Sidney'd by the rest of the gang.

What do you mean by Sidney'd Vicky?:shrug: Anyway, he has a bit more to go through before he reaches home(y)

Sorry, it was a reference primarily directed at Sarah.

You need to meet [thread=364346]Sidney[/thread]!
(Popular supposition is that he was a spammer who met The Hammer.)

Sorry, it was a reference primarily directed at Sarah.

You need to meet [thread=364346]Sidney[/thread]!
(Popular supposition is that he was a spammer who met The Hammer.)

Aaaah I get it now Vicky. I need one of those. I could use one for other things HA HA HA:wacky:

Aaaah I get it now Vicky. I need one of those. I could use one for other things HA HA HA:wacky:

I'll have a look down in the dungeons, there MIGHT be a couple of relatively intact ones lying around - though the hammer does occasionally make a bit of a mess...

(where do you think I dug up Eddie and Eddie2 from...)

I'll have a look down in the dungeons, there MIGHT be a couple of relatively intact ones lying around - though the hammer does occasionally make a bit of a mess...

Do you have to let the flesh rot off, or do you boil them?:shrug:

And that explains why Sidney has a great big gaping hole in the top of his head.
(It's absolutely NOT because he's really an aquarium ornament)

the quicklime deals with that and the smell pretty quickly :LOL:

And good thing too, otherwise we'd be up to our knees in corpses :LOL:

Most people would have an ordinary wine rack in the dungeon cellar. :)
TBY is not most people. :eek:

TP_IMG_0554.JPG

Your imagination Rob know no bounds! Loving the story and pictures.

Can't help feeling our hero Martin needs a love interest!!! Now I wonder who that could be?!!!

Last edited:
As Martin was making good his escape, back at the alien base the leader had discovered the theft of a vehicle

RPW_183 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

"HA HA HA, YOU WITH THE BROOM- COME HERE NOW!!! HA HA HA" . " Oh no, now I'm really in for it" thought the sweeper.

RPW_184 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

"HA HA HA Did you see who took my ship? HA HA HA"
"mMmmmumph zz mummpgh"
"HA HA HA TAKE THAT MASK OFF NOW!!! HA HA HA"
So removing the mask, the alien stood there awaiting his fate
"HA HA HA did you see who took my ship? HA HA HA"
"No supreme being, I was too busy sweeping the place"
"HA HA HA well for your lack of observance you will be transfered to orafice cleaning on the base, and I'll let you know which orafices later HA HA HA"

RPW_185 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Just noticed this was back on. Caught up and await the next instalment(y)

Hey, sweeper!
Just go and sweep up in the base's admin area. If anyone asks, the Supreme Being transferred you to office cleaning, (y)

Orafice is the word HA HA HA!

:eek: He really is evil isn't he?

I have to say that the sets you've put together for this are absolutely amazing.
Is this a permanent installation on your dining room table or something, or do you get everything back out for every instalment?

Most people would have an ordinary wine rack in the dungeon cellar. :)
TBY is not most people. :eek:

Tori that is brilliant . . . and eerily true to life :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
BTW You've prompted me to let Sidney have a turn at sitting in my avatar pic.

It's not that accurate - I'm not blonde... Didn't you have a mousey brown with lots of grey bits monster ??

I'll take blonde - if i'd purple hair i'd look too much like Roy Wood (Wizzard/The Move) :LOL:

:clap::clap::clap:(y) Do you fancy taking over the plot Vicky?????

Sorry, I'll have to decline. :(
I don't have the time, space or Lego to take this forward in any meaningful way.
I'll just stick to bumping the thread with non-canon silly stuff. (y)

I did have a great idea of how this could end as well

you know in the original war of the world the aliens get some disease (measles ? - can't remember) ? - Well this time round just as it all seems hopeless and the mod team are falling back in disarray , the aliens discover they are allergic to jaffa cakes and all die of anaphylatic shock :LOL:

I like it Pete, or what about Jaffa cakes taking revenge and eating the mods?

Wow, that was a fast response Marc-Did the J word ring alarm bells in TP towers?

Back