Lego "War of the worlds" Power of Paint Weds 22nd Aug

HA HA Have the aliens made a dalek-esque mistake by making an ultimate weapon that can't climb stairs, or is the power of anti-gravity Blu-Tac strong enough to lift the weapon?......

HA HA Have the aliens made a dalek-esque mistake by making an ultimate weapon that can't climb stairs, or is the power of anti-gravity Blu-Tac strong enough to lift the weapon?......
:nono:
Daleks - Climbing stairs since 1988. :runaway:

Cheers for the comments Jim, Blue-tac has been a godsend!

Glad you like it DK!

Martin watched as the familiar sight of a lens was dragged into the path of the weapon. A horrible noise like the wailing of an animal in distess was heard around the complex. Martin could not locate it.

RPW_164 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

"Is that noise coming from the weapon?" Martin asked a nearby alien. "No!" the creature replied, "Its some bloody idiot of ours with a mouth organ he found!!!"

RPW_165 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

The weapon hummed to a climax and Martin was stunned to see the lens disintergrate into pieces!

RPW_166 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Hey Martin! Give that musical alien a few quid and tell him he's great. Even if we lose the war, he's go on annoying his colleagues for years to come. (y)

*wonders if the reflective coating and metal construction of Canon L gear would resist such a blast*

At least it was only a nikon lens - the mods will see the puny aliens off with a fusilade of canon fire ;)

Hey Martin! Give that musical alien a few quid and tell him he's great. Even if we lose the war, he's go on annoying his colleagues for years to come. (y)

*wonders if the reflective coating and metal construction of Canon L gear would resist such a blast*
HA HA HA
At least it was only a nikon lens - the mods will see the puny aliens off with a fusilade of canon fire ;)

"HA HA HA you puny Canon users will pay HA HA HA!!!"

"HA HA HA you puny Canon users will pay HA HA HA!!!"

oh aye ? - bring it, figgy biscuit face ;)

cannon2.jpg

:D:D. Brilliant, love the ultimate weapon, gotta agree though thankfully it was only a Nikon lens :D.. Come on mods a decent canon broadside should see then off ;). That's some cliffhanger you left us with.

Martin was brought before the Alien leader. "HA HA HA What do you think to that demonstration of power? HA HA HA" "Well it wasn't that impressive, seeing as it was only a Nikon lens" The leader smiled and replied "HA HA HA We took the liberty of putting a Nikon lens cap on a Canon lens. You Canon users use such flimsy kit HA HA HA"

RPW_167
by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Martins face turned to a mask of rage as he replied " Don't think that Canon and Nikon users won't band together to make sure we defeat you. We know that Nikon is superior in all aspects, but we try our best"

RPW_168

"HA HA HA, I've heard enough, take him away, I'll deal with you soon enough!!! HA HA HA"

RPW_169

Martin was brought before the Alien leader. "HA HA HA What do you think to that demonstration of power? HA HA HA" "Well it wasn't that impressive, seeing as it was only a Nikon lens" The leader smiled and replied "HA HA HA We took the liberty of putting a Nikon lens cap on a Canon lens. You Canon users use such flimsy kit HA HA HA"

martin sneered - "you lie. alien scum - did you not think i'd notice the writing saying sigma on the lens barrel. once you face the true wrath of canon you will rue the day you ever came to our planet" - Spit

Give em hell Martin....such entertainment....

martin sneered - "you lie. alien scum - did you not think i'd notice the writing saying sigma on the lens barrel. once you face the true wrath of canon you will rue the day you ever came to our planet" - Spit

Well spotted (y)(y)(y)(y)

Just caught up Rob with the last few pages. Great story and pictures.

Martin looks to be in trouble! Will Clive. in charge of transport, come to his rescue driving a 157 bus?!!!

Martin!! Martin!! Martian!!

oops... he's in trouble now...

As Martin passed the alien weapon, he took the chance to grab what looked like a sonic screwdriver left by a careless alien technician, and conceal it behind his back (Being a plastic toy, he couldn't put it under his clothes)

RPW_170 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

Once back in his cell, he decided to try his luck with the grating in the floor, so taking care to be quiet, he unscrewed the bolts holding the metal plate;

RPW_171 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

And started his descent down into the dark void.............

RPW_172 by Rob Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

what i want to know is what are the rest of the magnificent 7 doing - even yv can't still be eating jaffa cakes surely

Technical problems at this end Pete. I am using the other figures and vehicles for a school project, so I am not able to bring them home until it finishes:shrug:

Technical problems at this end Pete. I am using the other figures and vehicles for a school project, so I am not able to bring them home until it finishes:shrug:
Just buy the school kids some nerf guns, and tell them the location of the alien base. (y)

armes09.gif

armes09.gif

armes09.gif

Martin made his way through the system of tunnels, armed with his sonic screwdriver, always alert for any sign of aliens;

RPW_173

After a few twists and turns, Martin came across a maintenance worker. Martin said "Do you know how much danger you're in? Aliens have landed and are planning to take over the world!!!"
"Listen mate, I've been down these tunnels for 40 years and you wouldn't believe the things I've seen. There's been giant ants and spiders, things that looked like dustbins on wheels chased by some crazy bloke with a scarve that was longer than him. Then there was some bloke all in black, who had breathing difficulties calling out "Luke, Luke!" A few years ago a very strange group came through here, with one of them having pointy ears and looking a bit green around the gills saying " illogical captain" ,so you see lad a few aliens are nothing to me- and I make sure their toilets work!

RPW_174

"Anyway lad, you look a sound enough bloke, here's a head cover that should get you through any sticky patches with anything you meet around here" Martin took the mask and thanked the man.

RPW_175

Experience counts for everything I guess ... who needs a mask right?

Good angles on these images Rob

So Martin donned the mask and continued along the tunnels;

RPW_176

Eventually he found an opening that allowed him access to another section of the alien base. Taking a deep breath he started along the corridors, when he was suddenly faced with an alien coming towards him!

RPW_177

The alien took no notice of Martin, who let out a sigh of relief and continued forward. He found a room filled with control equipment and started to look around for any way of escape

RPW_178

So did the alien just assume Martin was the maintenance man with the funny mask on his way to fix another toilet?

So did the alien just assume Martin was the maintenance man with the funny mask on his way to fix another toilet?

The alien just assumed he was another alien life form and not from Earth.

I am in love with this thread....thank you so much Feek/Rob for sharing your wonderful creativity with us.

Reminds me of a similar installation (saved somewhere, will share when I find it) I did a few years ago using my daughters toys but mine is no way near to what you have done here.

Thanks again.....and keep up the good work.

Ah... I forsee a cameo role for a certain "wookie like" greenie...
Lost me there Mick, xtill any hints welcome(y)
I am in love with this thread....thank you so much Feek/Rob for sharing your wonderful creativity with us.

Reminds me of a similar installation (saved somewhere, will share when I find it) I did a few years ago using my daughters toys but mine is no way near to what you have done here.

Thanks again.....and keep up the good work.

Very kind words dear Lady(y). Look forward to seeing your original story:clap and a warm welcome to TP. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Last edited:
Go Martin go... And what a wonderful name he has... ;)

Loving the mask look....

Back