Lenses on credit

Argument? you want next door, this is abuse!

FFS a three page thread for such a simple question, should,nt a mod close this and stop wasting bandwidth :LOL:

Couldn't agree more. Bloody hell, I only asked a simple question. Didn't want multiple lectures on how to run my damn life!

Bloody kids. Noone reported this thread either.

Of course there is a point - you will get the goods quicker and gain more immediate enjoyment from your hobby.

I personally don't have a CC but I do put £100 a month into a savings account and havn't missed a payment since I set it up - not much different to having a similar arrangement on a 0% CC imo.
The difference is, if you miss a payment (say due to a large house hold expenditure (etc boiler going) or job issues) it's just your savings that do not increase, where as if it's credit card payments then you'll get in to credit trouble, incur penalty charges and potentially damage your credit rating.

Does anyone believe in savings anymore? I couldn't live so hand to mouth where I don't have even just a few hundred put away for a rainy day (not as bad as it sounds, I just mean for leisure, hobbies, days out).

This is not a reflection on the OP (you can do whatever you want, simply my way and your way differ) just my POV. I know savings interests are horrendous but is that an excuse for saying sod it, I'm getting a loan?! Rant over.

Also, close this thread or at least rename it to something that accurately depicts what's happened in here, I suggest, The Bi-Annual Bitcherama.

Does anyone believe in savings anymore? I couldn't live so hand to mouth where I don't have even just a few hundred put away for a rainy day (not as bad as it sounds, I just mean for leisure, hobbies, days out).
All depends on whether you mean short or long term. Short term your money is screwed which ever way you look at it. Interest is non existent and the usual alternatives are all high risk (plus you're about 6 months too late to invest in banking shares).

Mid to long term, savings will pick up again. The main problem was not caused by the economy, but by Brown's instance of reducing the base interest rate down to next to nothing, forgetting more people have more money in savings than borrowed in the form of mortgages. On each occasion that the rate was reduced, all that happened was Stirling was made weaker and the slowly recovering bank stocks too yet another hit.

Close the thread? Do that and I'll start showing it to people thereby highlighting the oppression inherent in the system. look, look, we're being oppressed!

Close the thread? Do that and I'll start showing it to people thereby highlighting the oppression inherent in the system. look, look, we're being oppressed!
Bloody Peasants !!! :razz: :LOL:

Since interest rates went so low, no.
I am not interested in savings which are locked away, (including the restrictions on ISAs). We have a 'savings' part of the mortgage, but I do not consider that savings. Removing £1000 from that, will cost an extra ~£2000 on the mortgage.
I use my debit account for my 'savings' as such. I actually get more interest than I get on a Brittania account.

Does anyone know anywhere that does this? I'd rather pay a little more a month and buy decent gear than scrimp and buy an inferior lens.

Simple question ........ very long and off topic replies...IMHOP:shrug:

The irony is I've bought a cheap lens from ebay to tide me over until I decide. ;)

So anyway. £6000 @ 0% on a brand new credit card.

1. How long does one get in Spearmint Rhino for £6000?
2. How long do I have before my wife finds out?
3. Just how effective is penicillin against STDs?
4. Should I have gone for a Cashback card?

Chris
1. 3 mins per dance x £20.....errr about 15 hours (But for 6k you WILL be Mr Popular)

2. About 14 hours 59 mins.

3. Detol and a Wire brush is best for instant results...apparently

4. Yes but only if you get to swipe it between her...well, you know.

1. 3 mins per dance x £20.....errr about 15 hours (But for 6k you WILL be Mr Popular)

2. About 14 hours 59 mins.

3. Detol and a Wire brush is best for instant results...apparently

4. Yes but only if you get to swipe it between her...well, you know.

3. Anything more than 5 minutes would be wasted. Maybe that lens has legs after all. :nuts:

BTW, glad to see the original poster is now sorted.

Chris

Back