Lightroom and Google Drive

BarryG

I'll stick to my 2 inches
Edit My Images
No
I am looking to start using Lightroom more, but find the tether to a single machine quite restricting.

I will be doing some edits in Desktop Lightroom, but also some edits on a 7 Plus and Android Tablet. I want the mobile edits to be in Snapseed as I don't really like mobile Lightroom.

It would be great if I could save all my RAW files in Google Drive and then edit where I choose. I need the edits made on one device to be available on all the others, hence thinking getting Google Drive involved might work.

Has anyone got any experience of editing the same RAW file across multiple devices? Happy to look at other cloud options, but they do need Desktop, iOS and Android.

Never tried it before but I do keep most of my images on a NAS. I usually keep the last 9 months on my computer and then move them to the NAS as and when.

The trouble you'll find is to have the lrcat file (Lightroom catalogue which handles all the edit data etc) in a central location so that you can keep your edits uniform and current to each Lightroom instance - I'm not even certain you can force LR to read a shared, remote lrcat file. How fast or slow that will make things I have no idea.

It will also depend upon the number of files you're thinking of maintaining.

There may be a more efficient way of doing this which would be interesting to discover :)

If you plan to use snapseed then you will have to export the image to include any changes made in lightroom first. You might also find it helpful to make catalogs and mobile, so they can also be imported on the various machines.

Back