Simon
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I need to shoot some interviews / videos for web use mainly asap

Kit wise:
Canon 5D Mark II
Kodak Zi8

I don't have any video lights - only photo/softboxes/flashes (Manfrotto)

I need to know what lights - max budget £300-500
I need to get to be able to light one or two people for filming

I'll be shooting in an office / flat / possibly hotel

What can I get away with?
please help asap

Examples of effects would be good.

The look I want is like this - http://www.brendonburchard.com/

the project is for http://manifestingmillionaires.com/

That video wasn't lit at all, just natural light through massive windows.

Where are you shooting? If in london, hire some kinoflos, very easy, nice soft light, and available in both daylight and tungsten balanced.

Well, Simon solved his problem by buying some of these Lencarta Quadlite video lights - each with 4 x 105W CFL bulbs, and as tested in Advanced Photographer - problem solved.

OP sorry to Hi-Jack the thread, but looking it to some light suitable for video for some ongoing projects, so have a few questions on those Garry if I can,

What comes with the light, obviously not the stand or brolly as mentioned, but assume the bulbs do, also how easy does the SB collapse down as looking for a portable kit,

As I say sorry to hi-jack but thought better than starting another thread :)

OP sorry to Hi-Jack the thread, but looking it to some light suitable for video for some ongoing projects, so have a few questions on those Garry if I can,

What comes with the light, obviously not the stand or brolly as mentioned, but assume the bulbs do, also how easy does the SB collapse down as looking for a portable kit,

As I say sorry to hi-jack but thought better than starting another thread :)

Basically you get everything in the pictures except the stand - which had to be there so I could photograph it:)

That's the softbox, which is removable, the lamp holder, the mains lead and the 4 bulbs. With the softbox removed, an umbrella (standard 8mm thread) can be fitted if required. The diffuser on the softbox can also be removed if a harder, more specular light is wanted.

Taking the softbox apart is pretty straightforward - just 4 bendy rods that go from the speedring to each corner. I would say that with a bit of practice it should take about a minute to do.

BTW, I heard from Advanced Photographer today, it came top in their test.

Basically you get everything in the pictures except the stand - which had to be there so I could photograph it:)

That's the softbox, which is removable, the lamp holder, the mains lead and the 4 bulbs. With the softbox removed, an umbrella (standard 8mm thread) can be fitted if required. The diffuser on the softbox can also be removed if a harder, more specular light is wanted.

Taking the softbox apart is pretty straightforward - just 4 bendy rods that go from the speedring to each corner. I would say that with a bit of practice it should take about a minute to do.

BTW, I heard from Advanced Photographer today, it came top in their test.

Thanks Garry, so the SB is like most on the Market the for assembly take down, will have to look at my funds I think and consider getting one or two :)

Garry, that light looks awesome. Definitely going to buy one. By any chance do Lencarta sell Redhead lights as well?

Garry, that light looks awesome. Definitely going to buy one. By any chance do Lencarta sell Redhead lights as well?
you don't want to use both at the same time, those are apparently daylight balanced, whereas redheads are tungsten, so your colours will be waaaaay out of whack.

LEDs are the only way forward for small indoor productions though really... ;)

itsdavedotnet said:
you don't want to use both at the same time, those are apparently daylight balanced, whereas redheads are tungsten, so your colours will be waaaaay out of whack.

LEDs are the only way forward for small indoor productions though really... ;)

Good point! Will look into LEDs. Just looking for some rim light really.

Back