Livebox problem

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
No
my Livebox keeps disconnecting from the internet

I telephoned the Customer Service line and they fixed it online

now it disconnects from the internet say every hour

when I ring the Customer Service line I am asked a few automated questions ....... I answer three or four of them with a yes or a no

during the conversation, (with the automated machine) the Livebox connects and then it is fine for about an hour

anybody any idea what's going on

Last edited:
Hi

I have also had several problems with my live box’s.

Dropping the connection the first time, turned out to be water in one of their boxes along the road side.

The second time it was water in the cable entering the house for which I was responsible for.

A friend also suffered the same problem which also turned out to be a water problem.

I’m tempted to say your problem is water somewhere.

My local Orange shop has a test bench where they can put the livebox under test. It’s very quick. If you go there be sure to take all the passwords etc that they provided you with or they will send you away.

Graham.

I should have added this first time.

Orange France has opened a customer service to cater needs of English-speaking customers living in France. It now includes a technical support helpline in English.

The number can be reached from France or abroad

0669363900.jpg

* (calls are charged at your telephone company rates)

Thanks Graham just seen your reply as I did not get an alert on your first posting

that would figure as we have had lots of (heavy) rain over the past 7 days

Last edited:
Finally got the man from Telecom France around, (well Orange) (well a subcontractor for Orange)

He fitted a new line from the telegraph post to the house as the old one was old, (could it be 30+ years!)

In his charming French way he told me that EDF who fitted the "box" on the post had done a bad job

He told me that they always get problems when it rains and that we are 53 kms from the signal, (or whatever)

Anyway I have 18 of this and 12 of that which he said was near 80% of the best I will ever get

All seems well but it is sunny

Back