Lulworth Cove

Edit My Images
No
Hi, I'm considering a short photo trip in September with a friend of mine. Last year we went down to Devon, but this year I'd like to stay a little closer to home (Sussex). Dorset is a couple of hours away and I've been thinking that Lulworth might be a good idea (I've seen lots of Durdle Door shots that I really like).

Does anyone have any experience of this area? I'd be grateful for any advice about accommodation, places to go (both photo-related and not) etc.

Thanks!

Brilliant, thanks. Some great shots there.

Any experience of accommodation around that area?

I've just seen there's a similar thread in the locations section - maybe I should redirect my questions there and ask for this thread to be closed?

Durdle Door campsite is near the top of my list, but it's got some very mixed reviews on Trip Advisor - I'd been considering going for one of the 'pods'. Cheers for that link, there's a fair bit of info I'd not found yet.

I stayed here http://www.cottages4you.co.uk/cottages/spring-cottage-28119 a few years ago. Its a 2 minute walk to Lulworth cove with Durdle Door a short walk over the cliffs. We have relatives who were living in Wareham at the time and they booked it for us so I didn't know how much they paid. Whenever we book short breaks we normally try to book on a farm B&B, here's a link,http://www.farmstay.co.uk/ we've stayed in some fantastic locations with them.

I'm sure you'll find something in Bournemouth, Poole or even Weymouth. It is a short drive from there - and you can easily avoid paying for parking by not using the "official" car parks.

Thank you, Ian the cottage is booked up for the dates we're travelling, but I'll have a look at Farmstay.

Daugirdas, thank you, I'll have a look at the other options a little further out as well.

We stayed in Mortons House Hotel in Corfe; great place to stay and 20-40 minutes from Weymouth, Poole and Bournemouth. Its only 25 minutes from Lulworth Cove, Studland (Old Harry Rocks) and Swanage are also close it also has a great restaurant. www.mortonshouse.co.uk

Have a great trip

I remember when we went there with friends several years ago, they are heavily into walking and rambling, however IU'm an overweight smoker and the walk nearly killed me!!.. awesome sight once we got there though, alas I think the photos I took were on film and can't find them these days, probably in the loft somewhere!!

Great walking area... the coastal walk is tiring but a lot of fun as every corner presents a new view. Great for photography as well

The coastline appears beautiful.Your images look stunning.Did you use any filters for the sky to appear blue or is it photo shopped?

thanks

Did you go in the end? Im takong a trip down sometime this month, with plans to hot around 5 locations on the dorset coast in 24 hours.

as per renu, lovely images just spoiled a little by the over saturated blue skies, which are just a little too overbearing.

Some of those lulworth cove images are stunning!

Back