Malta locations

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Right then, I'm off to Malta tomorrow ANC plan on taking the 50mm and 10-20, has anybody been and would there be any benefit of taking the 100-400 aswell, only real concern is weight if its not needed!

Hi Ryan,

Can't help unforunately, but I'm following you at the end of the month, let me know how you get on ;)...was thinking about packing the 70-200.

Have you worked out the best way cash wise - take UKP and convert when you get there, take Euro's, plastic? :thinking:

Have euros already sorted as not good with plastic although am taking it as a last resort. Will let you know as am sure will have some photos to post when I get back although primarily going for a long snooze by a pool or beach :)

Will probably pop to the car museum which is owned by one of the drift mob and a trip to the fish market. Think mind is made up with the 100-400 but wondering of I can take it as my carry on?

Hi Ryan,

taking most of my gear in hand luggage (probably in a Lowepro), tripod in hold baggage - was hoping to be able to hire a couple of tripods for a week instead of taking one and sharing it, but unable to find anywhere online that hires kit.

...enjoy your hol's (y)

Tripods staying behind but lowpro going, weighed the bag yesterday at 8 kg with an allowance of 10 and the size ok so hand luggage it is, if it couldn't go as hand luggage it would be staying behind.

i have just recently come back from malta, boat trip to gozo is a must !! also see if you can get to mdinia its very beautiful, there are some catacombes there too overall the whole place is very beautiful and loads to photograph hope you enjoy it as much as i did

Thanks for info Steve, was planning on the Gozo trip, but Mdinia looks as though it could be interesting, thanks for heads up (y)

Did you hire a vehicle?

Not long back myself and have to agree with the other Steve, absolutely loads to shoot.

Vittorioso ( also known as Birgu) was my favourite. Little lanes with no cars and the light was amazing. Plan to go back next year I enjoyed it so much.
We didnt have a car but the bus service is excellent, an all day ticket is 2.6 Euros and the busses seem to go everywhere.Maraxlokk in the south is another spot I would recommend, a very picturesque little fishing village and Mdina as previously mentioned is well worth a visit.

Camerawise , I used my X100 most of the time only bringing out the X10 on a few occasions for the longer shot.

I'm sure you will love it.

Just typed a massive response and then realised you'll probably be back in the next day or two!!

Medina, the silent city.
Fort Rinnela, watch them firing all sorts of rifles and firing the big gun.
Valletta at night and for the fountains outside Buckingham palace.
Victoria on Gozo
Take a trip to the blue lagoon.

Before you go go on Amazon and get a book called Fortress Malta, read it before you go it will open your eyes.

Back