Martin's camera shop

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
Yes
I am thinking to buy the Canon 10-22mm lens from Martin's camera shop, simple because it is cheapest one than other shops.

But I heard bad reviews about the shop...

So what should I do, go for it or find another shop? Can you give me your opinion about it.

Thanks

- Dean

If you're paying with a credit card, you should be adequately protected in case of a disaster. It might require some faffing around with your card provider but you'll be safe.

Where's all this bad press coming from? Teh interwebz?

yes I googled 'bad reviews' about the shop, it seems they have issues with the credit card. but im thinking to 'go for it' later ;)

Well this lot seem relatively happy. I say go for it but make sure you're covered in case of anything untoward happening.

thanks for the link! =)

im going to order later for the lens, woohoo!

I am thinking to buy the Canon 10-22mm lens from Martin's camera shop, simple because it is cheapest one than other shops.

But I heard bad reviews about the shop...

and you are still considering buying from them? :shrug:

Google the "shop" address, it's a private house......

Don't forget that if you search for bad reviews about ANYTHING on the intarwebby then you're sure as hell gonna find it. The chances are that only a smidgen of one percent of customers have a bad experience but some of those like to shout about it.

Far better to take simple, basic precautions. Use your gut feeling... and a credit card.

groans. now im struggling which to buy, sigma or canon. cheap or extra 2mm, argh?!?!

Don't forget that if you search for bad reviews about ANYTHING on the intarwebby then you're sure as hell gonna find it. The chances are that only a smidgen of one percent of customers have a bad experience but some of those like to shout about it.

Far better to take simple, basic precautions. Use your gut feeling... and a credit card.

It used to be held that every bad customer you had would tell (iirc) 12 others of their experience, whilst every good customer would only tell 2. Nowadays with t'internet that's probably more like 12 million for bad and still only 2 for good :LOL:

Google the "shop" address, it's a private house......
nothing wrong with that - there's a 1/2 mil turnover business operated from a house very near from where I'm sitting now ;)

Although I don't think it is a private house. That street is a mix of business and residential and I think I've found the owner living a few miles away. What I did find was several hits for a hairdressers at that address. Now these are probably old and out of date directory references. At least, I hope they are as I'd be more concerned with a camera business operating from a hairdressers than one based at a residential address.

I have bought a very expensive lens from Martins, great to deal with,great delivery and excellent after sale service.

Top marks from me.....(y)

And part of it looked like a camera shop when I have been over,shared use I think you`ll find.

Last edited:
fracster, thanks for letting me know! =)

time to buy canon 10-22mm, hopefully!!

I dealt with a lady called Linda, they got me a Sigma 300-800 when all other uk suppliers were quoting 4 months wait.

Its very hit and miss with them I think. Personally I had a terrible experience. I made a thread on it somewhere.

yeah i read your post, was concerning about that. cos i want 10-22mm, it would cost me nearly £600, maybe i shall email him to see if it is possible to visit at his company, check it out and then pay for the item... :shrug:

If you're paying with a credit card, you should be adequately protected in case of a disaster. It might require some faffing around with your card provider but you'll be safe.

Usually it's far simpler to deal with the card issuer than a dodgy retailer. A call to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct beforehand may help.

Back