Messenger bags?

I have Crumpler Light Delight 6000, which carries my D7000 with Nikon 70-300vr and Tamron 28-75. They also do smaller versions. I got mine new of ebay for £20.00.

I am disabled and I find this bag very comfortable to carry. As my mobility is so slow, it may take me a couple of hours to walk a mile.

What I like is that it doesn't shout out expensive equipment inside.

Hey guys I want a messenger style bag that dosnt shoot "camera bag" for when I'm out with my 3 boy. Find it a pain with a fully kitted lowepro aw200 bk pack. Any ideas or will my d3100 and a couple of lens ect b ok in a normal cheap cavas messenger bag?

I found it fine to just throw the camera in any bag but I did use a neoprene cover for the camera to give it protection without taking up much room (eBay for about £5)

I use the national geographic midi and find it superb. It doesn't shout camera bag and the insert comes out so you can use it as a regular bag.

Looking for "cheap", may a Tamrac Rally 4 or 5?

I own both, paid very little and despite not being AW, they've been in heavy rain and I found no problems with moisture inside.
Can only recommend.

You may like to explore cambags.com a bit, too :D

A cheap "standard" messenger with an ebay camera insert works really well. However since splurging on a Billingham Hadley Pro I'd advise anybody to get one, they're luuuuvly! (but they're a tad on the costly side)

Aled

How about a a handmade one by a very nice young British lad?

http://www.bigxtop.com/product/bigxtop-mini-messenger

Never met Jordan in person, but have had some dealings with him in the recent past and have nothing but good words about him.

or else have a look at some Chrome bags with some inserts as suggested above. I have been using this method for years and works perfectly fine for me.

or some royal mail bags? Cheap ad chips but tough wearing etc.

Have you had a look at a Tenba Messenger ? They don't shout camera bag to me and offer some colour choice.

Get any messenger bag you like and stick an insert in it like this one.

^ This. I did this over the weekend with my Fossil messenger bag slid the padded insert from my kata photo back pack- fitted extremely well space for 4 lenses and looks stylish to boot :D - total cost = 0

Massive recommendation for Crumpler bags, I've had a six hundred daily xl for about 5 or 6 years and it still looks brand new. Has a removable inner bag with movable dividers, and it's not only been a camera bag carrying a dslr body, 2 or 3 lenses, flashgun, tripod slung on top, and a 17" laptop - it's been on trips abroad as hand luggage, to the shops carrying several kg of stuff, it's my daily 'big' bag - so it's been abused - and it's not missed a single beat.

It's a messenger style bag too, which even when loaded up with some heavy stuff is comfortable and especially so when on a bike as you can wear it so the balancing point is right on your back so not much shoulder pressure.

Pretty sure they don't do this model anymore but the will have one to suit. They may be not cheap, but I reckon mine will still be going 5 years from now, no problem. (y)

Last edited:
I bought a cheapo one via eBay (£25) similar to the one you're looking at. It's well made with plenty of pockets and storage space - I have MFT system and there's room for the camera, four lenses and if needed my iPad.

Can't say it's water proof, wouldn't walk around in a downpour anyway, but been caught out in a shower or two and all was okay. If it was a bag to be used on long hikes etc then I'd go with a better quality one but for just walking around with it's fine.

Rite this is the one I've ordered : http://biSPAM/153cmw5

Went for a biggish one as when I'm out on days with my boy/walking the dog I carry more than just my camera but it also means I can fit my body, 3 lens & flash if need (if not more).
Will post pics and review after we go to legoland nxt wk.

Cheers dave

Back