Mobile Phone Cameras

Edit My Images
Yes
Are there any good ones you can recommend? I often go out on weekends with friends and would love a good camera to take with me. I would buy a compact but I hate my pockets being full with keys, phones and wallets so a phone camera is idea to avoid filling my pockets as much. I want a decent one, but I dont want a house brick of a phone. I try to avoid Sony Ericssons since they almost always break on me.

Are there any good ones you can recommend? I often go out on weekends with friends and would love a good camera to take with me. I would buy a compact but I hate my pockets being full with keys, phones and wallets so a phone camera is idea to avoid filling my pockets as much. I want a decent one, but I dont want a house brick of a phone. I try to avoid Sony Ericssons since they almost always break on me.

Really? I've always found sony erricsons phones to be very strong. I loved the camera on my K800i and have had the pleasure of using the new C901 and that has a cracking camera. the phone I have presently is a nokia N97 it has great image quality but you can't lock exposure when half pressing the shutter which is annoying and there is no real manual mode.

i'd say the se's have the best cameras on phones generally, nokias are ok i suppose :)

Nokia n95 8gb has a 5mp camera with Carl Zeiss Tessar 2.8/5.6 optics! Best phone camera iv'e ever had!

Personally for the money you'd pay for a decent camera phone (if one such exists) I'd rather by a decent P&S, way more features, more usable, could have manual functions. The sensor on a mobile will be tiny compared to a P&S. Sorry old stick in the mud

If you want a mobile phone, buy a mobile phone, if you want a P&S, buy a P&S...

Peter

Nokia n95 8gb has a 5mp camera with Carl Zeiss Tessar 2.8/5.6 optics! Best phone camera iv'e ever had!

I'd second the N95 but the N86 has an 8mp camera although I haven't had my hands on one yet.

I'm waiting for the Nikon D6000, it has a built in phone ;)

I can see it now....people holding camera bodies to there ears with the 70-200 2.8 IS sticking out to the side!

Oh Oh and shooting a wedding and your camera starts playing the crazy frog tune....:razz::eek::LOL:

Yeh but-where does the tripod go????

The only cameraphones worth using are the Sony Ericssons. The C905 is the best on the market at the moment, and if you're going to be taking shots in low light, the LED flash on the N95 just doesn't cut it. Xenon flash 8mp unit on the C905 works as good as a cheap P&S.

Avoid the K850 though, it had a bug in the camera software that burn out anyone standing nearer than 5 meters :/ Sony Ericsson do break all the time as well. But they can't be beat for cameras :)

I have used many camera phones over the last few years, the quality is never going to be the same as a dedicated camera. There are quite a few 8 mega pixel jobs out there, however, I am using a Blackberry Curve. The pics are pretty good even though it is just 3.2mp but it also Geotags them, so I tend to take pics in locations that I really like and save the location. Then i can use the inbuilt sat nav so I can always find my way back or place them at home!

I quite like my Omnia HD, 8mp, image stabilization, 720p video recording, manual ISO 100-1600 etc.

Only an LED flash though, but I'd still take it over any of the new Sony phones purely because they have crappy reliability.

Obviously they won't come close to even a £70-80 compact. Hell, you can pick up a Fuji f45fd for £55 that would do a better job.

I quite like my Omnia HD, 8mp, image stabilization, 720p video recording, manual ISO 100-1600 etc.

Only an LED flash though, but I'd still take it over any of the new Sony phones purely because they have crappy reliability.

Sounds just the job for the wedding I've got to shoot next weekend :naughty:

A bit off thread but I have bought my wife a Panasonic Lumix (point and shoot jobbie), the quality of this camera is a little too good.

i have a samsung pixon and it has an 8mpixel camera which is great quality with F2.6. f=4.6mm auto focus, has a good flash, face detection, smile detection, macro, decent zoom and loads of other features such as panorama etc.

For me the Nokia N82 has the best camera on a phone out of the ones I've tried. It has a xenon flash also which is as good as you will find on many compacts. :)

I can post some shots from it if you like?

I've still never had a cameraphone that I've been happy with! The one on my SE K850 was good, but further proof that megapixels aren't everything! I think the camera unit itself was fairly good, but then they put a bit of plastic in front of the lens, worse than having the cheapest UV filter money can buy! Something to watch out for there!

Back