Moto GP(Updated with last few pictures)

Great shots G-G! I saw a few people using that little gap in the fencing.

I'll post some of mine later, in a new thread, still trying to dry out!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Had a mare of a day today as every decent spot had over the top group 4 security being a pain in the arse and most areas being declared as Graham said Red zones. My favourite spots are all now taken up my the massive spectator stands they have put up around the track which has now put Silverstone even further down my list of favourite tracks.

Trying to shoot through fences from a meter back just does not work for me or my cameras A/F :bang:.

Was spoilt yesterday as i met an old Marshall friend of mine and i was allowed to shoot from a safe place but with no obstructions hence the first stoner shot,it was great not to have to worry for a change.

Anyway here are a couple from today but not as good as yesterdays as i binned most dew to the A/F and myself not performing great when fences are involved.

3/
CN8D4234.JPG

4/
IMG_3707.JPG

I really like the second shot - like someone else said, the visor reflection is really cool!

Love that #7 of Sideshow Bob!

Thats cracking (y)

Some truly great shots there..wonderful colour.....

Never watched the bike race on TV, saw a bit of the 125cc yesterday......will try to watch some more....

GJUK

Love that #7 of Sideshow Bob!

Thats cracking (y)

It's Aoyama mate, not Marco. Marco wears the red/white striped helmet, and has the gangley legs hanging off! :)

I must have been asleep when I looked :D

Absolutley stunning shots all of them....:)

Might have to visit this forum less as I am getting the urge for a 400mm prime!!!

LOL Roly - aren't we all!

Trouble is, its about 4k over what I am prepared to pay!

Thanks everyone again for the feedback (y)

Have managed to get a choice of a 500mm or 600mm F4 on loan so am going to have a go with one in the near future at Silverstone to see how i get on as a 300 with 2xTc slows the A/F down so much that the keeper rate dropped loads(Might of been the fence and me aswell).

The only trouble i have is i hate monopods and just cant get the hang of panning with one and as im only a small bloke (5ft 10 and 9 stone) i struggle with the weight of the bigger glass but am happy to carry a 300 f2.8 around for the day but may find it a bit tough with the big primes.

Will keep you all posted on how i cope and if i managed to lift one out the boot of my car yet alone use it once the time comes and then on the sale of body parts to finance one.

Thanks everyone again for the feedback (y)

Have managed to get a choice of a 500mm or 600mm F4 on loan so am going to have a go with one in the near future at Silverstone to see how i get on as a 300 with 2xTc slows the A/F down so much that the keeper rate dropped loads(Might of been the fence and me aswell).

The only trouble i have is i hate monopods and just cant get the hang of panning with one and as im only a small bloke (5ft 10 and 9 stone) i struggle with the weight of the bigger glass but am happy to carry a 300 f2.8 around for the day but may find it a bit tough with the big primes.

Will keep you all posted on how i cope and if i managed to lift one out the boot of my car yet alone use it once the time comes and then on the sale of body parts to finance one.

So that be WSB then:D

Very dangerous - you borrow one, you love it, you need one - so you need a very understanding wife, 3 kidneys or divorce:LOL:

So that be WSB then:D

Very dangerous - you borrow one, you love it, you need one - so you need a very understanding wife, 3 kidneys or divorce:LOL:

LOL (y)

Will need to have a play with one before WSB as if i dont like it then will stick with what i know plus im borrowing it from Canon while my 1DMKIV and 300mm f2.8 goes in for a long overdue service and calibration :eek:.

Wow! These photos are superb. I was just about to post a couple of my efforts on here, but after seeing these I'll just be embarrassing myself :LOL:

Love them all, but the Rossi shot (4) is my personal fave. Great shooting!!

cracking pics, still amazes me how they grip in the corners in the wet

You will hate me for this but it is possible to hand hold & pan with a 500 F4, these are a couple from last year.Im also on the small size 5'9" & 10 stone but have managed several hours without to much problems.

moto51.jpg

moto11.jpg

Thanks all for the comments (y)

And cheers for that Gary i better start selling body parts :D

Absolutely brilliant Glen just when you think you have seen the best you come up with more. Quite looking forward to the WSB now. Thanks for sharing. Sharon :clap::clap::clap:

All superb shot's, I want to say the moaner shot is the best but just can't bring myself to say it lol.

Seriously - all cracking shots sire

.DAVID.

Thank you Sharon and im really looking forward to WSB aswell as will more than likely be up there for all 3 days for a change this time but gutted i cant afford to get up to BSB this weekend.

And cheers David the Stoner shot was my best of the two days,it would of been the Rossi one but i got the depth of field to shallow in all honesty while shooting through the fence so the front of the bike is nice and sharp but you can see it starting to effect his lid.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Had a mare of a day today as every decent spot had over the top group 4 security being a pain in the arse and most areas being declared as Graham said Red zones. My favourite spots are all now taken up my the massive spectator stands they have put up around the track which has now put Silverstone even further down my list of favourite tracks.

Trying to shoot through fences from a meter back just does not work for me or my cameras A/F :bang:.

Was spoilt yesterday as i met an old Marshall friend of mine and i was allowed to shoot from a safe place but with no obstructions hence the first stoner shot,it was great not to have to worry for a change.

Anyway here are a couple from today but not as good as yesterdays as i binned most dew to the A/F and myself not performing great when fences are involved.

4/
IMG_3707.JPG

Love this shot, hopefully this guy will be back full force this season!! (y)

Back