Moto GP(Updated with last few pictures)

Name
Glen
Edit My Images
No
One from today

1/
CN8D3322.JPG

Walked miles today and there again tomorrow so only one for now.

God im knackerd :eek: and off to bed :exit:

Last edited:
Nice shot, assuming it was taken at the 'Arena', or what was called the Arena complex? Also like the little bits of water being kicked up by the tyres.

When I was at Silverstone last weekend for GT1 I figured out using Google Earth that I managed to walk 10 miles on the Sunday! No wonder I literally couldn't move for the following couple of days!

I don't usually comment in this section but spotted this tonight. What a cracking shot. The colour absolutely jumps out. As above I noticed the water coming from the tyres. The concentration (and sharpness) in the rider's eyes also stands out.

Gadget-Guy said:
One from today

1/

Walked miles today and there again tomorrow so only one for now.

God im knackerd :eek: and off to bed :exit:

Hi GG, cracking shot, that riding style and the look in his eye epitomise his year so far..

Love that!

The colours are electric and I love the 'stillness' of the wet tyres, while still feeling the movement... if that makes sense?

That's so good that I'll ignore the whinging, jumped up Aussie element of the pic. :D

Love that too. Clearly wet but single thickness sliders?

One day I will get a shot like that!! nice one.

Osmo

Cheers for the comments,just leaving to go back up Silverstone now to see how Crutchlow and Bradders get on.

IMG_3441.JPG

Got tickets for tomorrow, can't wait. Rossi is a legend. Shame it's going to chuck it down.

Love these but then again MotoGP what's not to love. Great shots, love the detail, especially the shot of Stoner. Exhaust haze brilliant.!

Cracking shots (y) love the Bradders shot....
Know what you mean about walking miles......:puke:
Clive.

Love the stoner shot, clear visors really help, looking forward to seeing your shots from Qualifying and race, I will be watching from the couch, with a cup of tea!

That first one is truly a belter matey!

Well done!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Had a mare of a day today as every decent spot had over the top group 4 security being a pain in the arse and most areas being declared as Graham said Red zones. My favourite spots are all now taken up my the massive spectator stands they have put up around the track which has now put Silverstone even further down my list of favourite tracks.

Trying to shoot through fences from a meter back just does not work for me or my cameras A/F :bang:.

Was spoilt yesterday as i met an old Marshall friend of mine and i was allowed to shoot from a safe place but with no obstructions hence the first stoner shot,it was great not to have to worry for a change.

Anyway here are a couple from today but not as good as yesterdays as i binned most dew to the A/F and myself not performing great when fences are involved.

3/
CN8D4234.JPG

4/
IMG_3707.JPG

Oh yeah baby!

Those two are crackers, but the Rossi shot.... 'kin ace!

Great shots there the stoner one super detail and well caught best though is the rossi one stunning shot

All amazing shots, my favourite is Stoner, pin sharp, wet with the bike right over and the colours are so bright! :D(y)

I see you have a new Canon 1D MK4, what lens did you have mounted to it if you don't mind me asking, 600mm prime??:eek:

The Rossi shot rocks, so much colour, hope you have your umbrella for today, bound to be a few rubber side up shots from the GP2 guys

...bound to be a few rubber side up shots from the GP2 guys

Yup, looks like a guaranteed wet Moto2, and it's a big grid and a harsh turn 1... todays theme is carnage!

The Rossi shot is really alive, love the Jorge pic too.

Superb stuff Glen (y) totally agree about the difficulties total mare.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the great feedback (y)

The Stoner and Lorenzo shots are with the 1DMKIV with 300mm f2.8 IS and 2xTc.

The Brad and Rossi shots are with the 7D and 300mm f2.8 IS with 1.4xTc.

Am torn between selling my 300 f2.8 and getting a 500mm f4 as the A/F suffers loads with a 2xTc on it and the images are a bit soft but the 300 is better for carrying around and hand holding for pans.In an ideal world would love to have both but the cost is just out of the question for several years at the moment so would need to sell one to purchase the other :crying:.

5/
IMG_2981.JPG

6/
CN8D3573.JPG

Am torn between selling my 300 f2.8 and getting a 500mm f4 as the A/F suffers loads with a 2xTc on it and the images are a bit soft but the 300 is better for carrying around and hand holding for pans.In an ideal world would love to have both but the cost is just out of the question for several years at the moment so would need to sell one to purchase the other :crying:.

I am in the same boat, now looking for a second hand 600 canon, the new one looks superb some 3 lbs lighter, its out in the states but as far as I have seen nowhere else, havnt seen any reviews by people using it yet. but price tag of approx 11 grand makes one shiver:puke:. oh well keep doing the lottery:D

Quallity shots as always Glen, I use a 500 F4 & even found it was struggling to focus through the fence.Will post up a couple of my efforts once I've sorted them....went a bit overkill & shot of over 1500.

Awesome shots. Love the Stoner and Rossi. Difficult to pick between them, but think i'll go with Rossi simply because of the subject matter. Rossi is a Legend.

great shots glen i had a mere didnt get any thing worth keeping mainly due to fences and all the other things afore said.

Fantastic set. Best of the bunch so far for me. IQ is superb and all the pictures are pin sharp even at 500mm+. Very, very nice pics!

Blimey :eek:

Thanks everyone again for taking time to look and comment (y)

Graham 5# was taken from the bank at Becketts looking through chapel curve towards stowe and didnt work out as i hoped as if i had been further up i would of had the view down to Stowe in the shot but forgot to go back and do it :bang: ......but do love the lean angles they get in some of the shots.

Last few from me then.

7/
IMG_3899.JPG

8/
CN8D3535.JPG

9/
CN8D3390.JPG

10/
CN8D4268.JPG

Cant wait till the WSB now (y)

Back