mpbphotographic Query

Name
M.S.
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I am thinking of selling my brand new Canon 600D with kit lens to the below company and been in conversation with them recently. All communication with them so far, has been all done by emails only.

Has anyone used them before and are they reliable?

mpbphotographic.co.uk - name for the website.

Grateful for any advice on the topic...

Although I've never sold anything to them, I have bought from them with no problems whatsoever. I think you'll find many on here have dealt with them as they are a well known company and are even a sponsor of the site(y)

Hi,

I am thinking of selling my brand new Canon 600D with kit lens to the below company and been in conversation with them recently. All communication with them so far, has been all done by emails only.

Has anyone used them before and are they reliable?

mpbphotographic.co.uk - name for the website.

Grateful for any advice on the topic...

They advertise on a banner on this site, they are first class to deal with, I have bought several items from them.

I know someone who sold their kit to them, and was happy with the service, not too sure but I think that they arrange courier collection from you.

I've dealt with them a couple of times recently and couldn't have asked for anything more from them. First class service from them. Is highly recommend using them

They are a well respected company with many happy customers, if you have a look on here you'll find many positive comments.

If they're offering you a decent price, I'd say go for it, but do have a look around as you may be able to fetch more selling through other channels.

Although I've never sold anything to them, I have bought from them with no problems whatsoever. I think you'll find many on here have dealt with them as they are a well known company and are even a sponsor of the site(y)

Lol - I just saw the banner now. I was just worried because they only prefer contact via email and only pay into your account once they have checked the camera. It's a lot of money to trust someone over just a few emails.

They advertise on a banner on this site, they are first class to deal with, I have bought several items from them.

I know someone who sold their kit to them, and was happy with the service, not too sure but I think that they arrange courier collection from you.

Yeah they collect via courier, sound professional over the emails.

They are a well respected company with many happy customers, if you have a look on here you'll find many positive comments.

If they're offering you a decent price, I'd say go for it, but do have a look around as you may be able to fetch more selling through other channels.

I've been offered £350.00 for it, reasonable?
Other channels?

I meant perhaps try another couple of shops, have a look on eBay, gumtree etc

It doesn't hurt to look around but if DR is only a few pound more then it sounds like they've made you a decent offer.

I sold them my 5DmkII some L lenses and some other bits and pieces. I got within 10% of my prices I was asking here. It was a no brainer and no hassle transaction.

I sold them my 5DmkII some L lenses and some other bits and pieces. I got within 10% of my prices I was asking here. It was a no brainer and no hassle transaction.

Also, after how many days did you receive the money for our kit / equipment?

God god yes ! I won't buy used gear anywhere else after having bought and sold to them. Top, top company. Professional courier pick up and delivery, payment in usual timescale for a bank transfer. Faultless.

Last edited:
God god yes ! I won't buy used gear anywhere else after having bought and sold to them. Top, top company. Professional courier pick up and delivery, payment in usual timescale for a bank transfer. Faultless.

Thanks for your reply, I'm definitely thinking of going ahead with it now. Did you get a good price for your kit?

I tried them too and that was the quote they gave me but I wasn't ready to let my 600d go for anything less than 400 cause it's in a like new state only 2 months. Do try other places but that's the thing with resellers they will want their profit.

I tried them too and that was the quote they gave me but I wasn't ready to let my 600d go for anything less than 400 cause it's in a like new state only 2 months. Do try other places but that's the thing with resellers they will want their profit.

I don't really want to lower than £400.00 ideally either. However, don't have the time or experience to go on EBay to try and get that price. What you thinking of buying next?

More than fair. Yeah I could maybe have made a bit more with a lucky eBay bidding war but when compared to the hassle that might've come with that route I was more than happy with what they offered. Patient too as I sometimes ummed and ahhed for a bit after getting their quotes !

Is yours from the UK or from the Far East?

More than fair. Yeah I could maybe have made a bit more with a lucky eBay bidding war but when compared to the hassle that might've come with that route I was more than happy with what they offered. Patient too as I sometimes ummed and ahhed for a bit after getting their quotes !

Lol so have I and there have been quite a few emails sent. Hey always have a prompt reply, but are reluctant to call though...

Sold just under £5k worth of gear to them last week, sent a courier, checked it over for 24 hours money paid in by bank transfer a couple of days later. E-mail Ffordes as well, I could have made more money selling the gear on commission or privately, but couldn't be bothered with the hassle or the lowball offers you get.

I sold my D80 a few months back and they quoted the best price and the service was excellent.

Sold a lot of DX nikon gear to them recently, fair price, though could have got a bit higher with a private sale (maybe 10-15% or so). For me though the hassle factor of trying to sell 6 or 7 individual items wasn't worth the extra.

First class service, great communication, money in my account a few days after their courier picked up the kit.

I'd use them again with no hesitation

I've had a couple of quotes from them for selling gear to them but in both cases I ended up selling or swapping on here for a better price. They have to make a profit obviously so you wont get top dollar for your kit, but if you're in a hurry to sell then they are great.

Have you got access to the classifieds and if so it might be worth dropping it in there for a week or two first.

Last edited:
Have bought and sold stuff with them. In both cases their offers were significantly better than other dealers I got quotes from.

I sold them my mint condition Canon EF-S 10-22mm about 2 months ago. They arranged a courier pick up for a day of my choice. Money was in my bank account 4 days later. Very happy to recommend them.

contacted them.. couple fo emails later sent them my canon 1DmkIV and a few days later got my two thousand pounds... proper company and they will be getting my next 1DmkIV as soon as I save up enough for another 1dx :)

contacted them.. couple fo emails later sent them my canon 1DmkIV and a few days later got my two thousand pounds... proper company and they will be getting my next 1DmkIV as soon as I save up enough for another 1dx :)

Does anyone know how I can get into the classified's section?

You can speak to them; there is a number on the website. You can describe the equipment and condition over the phone and they will email you a quote shortly afterwards.

If you do sell to them, just make sure you have a good quality box to pack the equipment into.

You can speak to them; there is a number on the website. You can describe the equipment and condition over the phone and they will email you a quote shortly afterwards.

If you do sell to them, just make sure you have a good quality box to pack the equipment into.

Apparently, you need to be on here for at least 60 days, so can't use it. :crying:

Back