Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) - The Year of the Thousandth

Another well captured bird shot Matt .......Love the Eye

Thanks Vince I'm glad that you like it :D

Nice sharp eye Matt, impressive iso performance..!!

Cheers Jason, the 5D3 does handle high ISO well, this has had zero PP for noise :D

Very handsome

Thanks Sarah :D

Lovely shot Matt, we have one in our garden we call spot as he has several white feathers in him, but he really thinks he's king of the garden, he's now got a girlfriend & they sit & swear at us from the tree in the garden if we go past.

This one likes to boss the garden too, he's always chasing the other birds off :LOL:

Lovely Matt!

Thanks T :D

Day 86 - What's you thinkin?

I often wonder what is one the minds of the birds I take photo's of :LOL: such as this little robin, and first I thought he look sad but others have said more quizzical :thinking:

86/365 (817) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice and sharp and a cute expression - but what's with all the OOF whiteness at the front :thinking:

Catching up here Matt...

79 - nice detail and the dof works well
80 - nice mono of the cogs, again great dof too
81 - for a filler it's a good shot, like the comp of it too
82 - again dof spot on, nice shot
83 & 84 - what a pheasant plucker :D, great shots Matt
85 - nice sharp shot of the blackbird
86 - great Robin shot, he looks a little peeved :D

"you lookin' at me?!"

Ruffle butt, so cute.

:LOL: glad that you like it :D

Nice and sharp and a cute expression - but what's with all the OOF whiteness at the front :thinking:

That will be a little snow that is still around :D

Nice composition Matt , just love the Robin as a Bird

Thanks Vince glad you like it :D

I agree, he does look a bit sad, I like it though.

Sarah, that would be the bloody snow we've been having over here!!

I thought so too :D glad you like it (y)

He does look sad! :(

Indeed, he's fed up of the weather I think

Catching up here Matt...

79 - nice detail and the dof works well
80 - nice mono of the cogs, again great dof too
81 - for a filler it's a good shot, like the comp of it too
82 - again dof spot on, nice shot
83 & 84 - what a pheasant plucker :D, great shots Matt
85 - nice sharp shot of the blackbird
86 - great Robin shot, he looks a little peeved :D

Thanks for the great catch up Simon, glad your enjoying/liking what I'm putting out

:LOL: I'd forgotten about that :confused:

:D

Day 87 - Old Reliant

He was looking a little happier today, even if the muppet at the other end of the lens wasn't, I'll be honest I only shot this as a back up image so I had something for my POTD, I was watching the forecasts very closely yesterday as they were suggesting I could plan on going out light trailing, alas no that was not to be the case as it was 100% cloud cover yet again :(

87/365 (818) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Big Black Boy is fantastic (which would sound very strange without the context) - very sharp and great composition in that shot. I think today's Robin is much better than your last - the first had too much FG and was a little noisy, but today's is sharp, nicely composed and I like the DOF as well, that little bit of clarity allows me to see that flowers do still exist in parts of the UK! Might be tempted to crop out just a little of that wood and see how it looks, though:thinking:

Today, he's thinking, "not even good enough to be Plan A on my good hair day... no smiles for you!" :D

Cute robin and I think I prefer this one! Did you get some good shots last night amongst the snow drifts lol?!

Prefer this one sans OOF white stuff :D

Thanks Sarah, you really wouldn't have liked the conditions I was shooting in last night :eek: glad you like this one :D

I prefer this one also! It's looking clearer here tonight! Maybe I'll get some trailing done! Fingers crossed!

Thanks Jake, sorry your trailing didn't work out in the end :(

Big Black Boy is fantastic (which would sound very strange without the context) - very sharp and great composition in that shot. I think today's Robin is much better than your last - the first had too much FG and was a little noisy, but today's is sharp, nicely composed and I like the DOF as well, that little bit of clarity allows me to see that flowers do still exist in parts of the UK! Might be tempted to crop out just a little of that wood and see how it looks, though:thinking:

Thanks Sam, yeah we do have the odd flower out but really not many at the moment hopefully that will change soon :D glad your liking the recent birds but something very different for yesterdays image that I'm just processing now :D

Today, he's thinking, "not even good enough to be Plan A on my good hair day... no smiles for you!" :D

:LOL: I think the robin's are just moody round here :D

Another nice little Robin shot Matt again nice composition

Thanks Vince, I'm glad that you like it :D

Cute robin and I think I prefer this one! Did you get some good shots last night amongst the snow drifts lol?!

Oh yeah I did T, I'm just uploading it as I type this :D

Day 88 - Tower Trails

It feels fantastic to be able to post a photo that I'm really happy with, as the last couple of weeks have been a little bit on the dull side :( so I spend the tail end of the day out catching this for my POTD

It's post a day late becuase I didn't star taking it till a couple of hours before the end of the day :LOL: :eek: anyway last night I braved the cold and snow drifts that were taller than me and I'm 5ft 11in truth be told I was only expecting the cold, I had no idea that Broadway had experience that much snow its only an hour away from me...but anyway it was all worth it, this is 173 x 30 second exposures @ ISO2000 f/4.5 I did actually run for a little over 2 hours worth of exposures but lost about the last half hour or so ice in that the camera and mainly front element suffered from frosting over :( but all this besides I think this has actually come out really well, if canon would like to send one of there 16-35/2.8 on a sponsorship deal I'm sure I could have done even better ;)

88/365 (819) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Wow - great one, Matt. Fantastic sky and I like the pink glow at the bottom as well. Really, really good! (y):)

Wow - great one, Matt. Fantastic sky and I like the pink glow at the bottom as well. Really, really good! (y):)

Thanks Sam, I'm really glad that you like it, twas flipping cold out there :eek:

It was worth it! Absolutely gorgeous and I love the whole lightness and tones to it!.... Ace one Matt

I really like it Matt! :) Nicely done! I'm hoping for stars tonight, again the weather is saying a clear night! I'm currently going through your 1000 set on flickr for inspiration! :LOL:

It was worth it! Absolutely gorgeous and I love the whole lightness and tones to it!.... Ace one Matt

Thanks T, Im glad that you like it :D

I really like it Matt! :) Nicely done! I'm hoping for stars tonight, again the weather is saying a clear night! I'm currently going through your 1000 set on flickr for inspiration! :LOL:

Thanks mate, in that case I'll thank you for taking me over a quarter of a million views too :D I'm glad that you like it and hope it's clear for you (y)

Well I had to go back about 20 pages and it took quite a while using an internet connection that at best can be described as "intermittent". It was well worth the time though, you have some amazing images here.

One of the ones that stick in the memory is of course that amazing leaf cutter ant. I also really like the mono stuff you have been doing (particularly the air rifle pellets), your bird photos are simply stunning and it goes without saying that your light painting is fabulous. Congrats on passing 800 and getting a brilliant capture to commemorate it!

I think you saved the best for last though. I love that star trail and I think it was well worth destroying your camera for. Hope Canon take you up on your offer ;)

Well I had to go back about 20 pages and it took quite a while using an internet connection that at best can be described as "intermittent". It was well worth the time though, you have some amazing images here.

One of the ones that stick in the memory is of course that amazing leaf cutter ant. I also really like the mono stuff you have been doing (particularly the air rifle pellets), your bird photos are simply stunning and it goes without saying that your light painting is fabulous. Congrats on passing 800 and getting a brilliant capture to commemorate it!

I think you saved the best for last though. I love that star trail and I think it was well worth destroying your camera for. Hope Canon take you up on your offer ;)

Thanks Tim, all very kind of you to say, though last night no cameras were destroyed ;) just really want a 16-35 ;)

Matt, your broadway tower star trail is fantastic..! By far one of you best images for a while tbh mate..! (y)

Oh it's certainly the best photo I've posted in a long time :) glad you like it :D

Excellent Matt & well done on being out there for that long. We were only at the country park yesterday for about 20 mins and we were frozen.

Thanks Sarah, it sure was a cold one last night :eek: glad that you like it (y)

Day 89 - Raining Stars

It's not the first time that I've done a star trail at the windmill, but for the first time I though that I'd do a landscape version rather than in portrait orientation, this allowed me to also include some of the local town Royal Leamington Spa that the windmill has for so long stood watch over (y)

89/365 (820) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Another great one - and somehow it makes that windmill look flipping massive!! :)

Another great one - and somehow it makes that windmill look flipping massive!! :)

Thanks Sam, it not my best star trail ever but I am happy with it :D glad you like it and I see what you mean in relation to the size of the windmill :D

Like it Matt, I was chatting to my photography group the other week & we were chatting about getting some star trails up there.

Thanks Sarah, if you do organise something be sure to give me a shout :D

I like it Matt! I think I need to make a trip up your way for some star trailing!

I think that you should Jake :D glad that you like it :D

Day 90 - A Long time coming

To say that I'm not a morning person is somewhat of an understatement, I've always worked jobs that mean working in the afternoon or ideally the night mainly due to a passionate loathing of being stuck in traffic the result of this all is that this is only the second time I've shot a sunrise in this challenge and it's the first one I'm happy with, not bad really it's only taken 821 days of this challenge to shoot a sun rise that I like...

Quite fitting really that is my village church, now I'm a religious person in the slightest, far from it in fact but I do love churches they make such wonderful subjects :D

90/365 (821) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Back