My 14 year old little sister took these!

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
:eek:

This was the very first time she had used a DSLR... I am simply stunned at how good they are! All I did was set the camera up for her and give her a few tips, then sent her on her way with instructions to turn the dial if is was darker or brighter where she was going, and showed her how to use the different focal lengths of the lens.

As I was watching her I was bowled over by her ... what seemed to be... natural ability.

Anyway, what do you think? All I did was use a sharpen mask, re size, crop on a couple and frame.

I like this one best :)

Would it me totally crazy of me to want to buy her a DSLR now? :cautious:

Definitely. Seems she has a bit of natural talent there ;)

Yep, great series that show she's got a natural eye for "seeing" a shot. I look forward to seeing some more from her.

They are rather good (y)

Yep they are good, and with a bit of photoshop work they would be even better.

She's certainly got an eye for a good photo. The composition is rather good on those. You're right about the last one, it's a lovely shot (y) I think she deserves that SLR ;)

I think she's made a good job of them. Get your purse out and buy her one.;)

wowee!! Absolutely beeeyoootiful!! Clever little sis...guess she's going to get a new camera now! Lucky girl!

:love: Thank you everyone! I shall pass on your comments to her.

Ewan I had no idea either!

Photostar ~ It may be too late for that, but it hopefully will give her something else to focus on ... scuse the pun :LOL:

All very nice. Number 3 and 4 are my favourite. The exposure is spot on, and the composition is good. I demand more from this little lady. Encore!:clap:

Good job! I like the last one best too!! :D

Buy her a DSLR! :)

These are great, she definitely needs her own camera.(y)

Talent is talent no matter the age. (y)

I knew Ewan was 13 cos it's in his profile, I checked :cautious:
I wondered how come he was such a prolific poster. :LOL:

These are great, she definitely needs her own camera.(y)

Talent is talent no matter the age. (y)

I knew Ewan was 13 cos it's in his profile, I checked :cautious:
I wondered how come he was such a prolific poster. :LOL:

Lol thanks Susane. Don't judge my photos by it though - I don't want any special treatment from you oldies :D

Lol thanks Susane. Don't judge my photos by it though - I don't want any special treatment from you oldies :D

Cheek! I have three talented nephews around your age, one of them taught me all about computers; respect where respects due. and I'm not that old (in my mind anyways) :LOL:

:cautious: Be Careful Jo, or your camera will never be your own again.... I have proof..... LOOK!! 13yr olds and cameras..... :LOL: :LOL:

bootz.jpg

However, joking aside, those are cracking pictures, get her interested now and she will have an interest for life! :D(y)

I told my mum what a good response her pictures had on here and Flickr... and that I was going to buy her a DSLR ... I have been told if I buy her one I'm dead meat :LOL:

Guess I will have to work on my mum a bit more :shrug: It just means for now I will have to make the 100+ mile round trip more often to let her play with mine.

:LOL: She would still have a fit at me, I can see why, it's just a bit disheartening. Maybe a way round it would be to book her into a photography course this summer instead... then oops I didn't realise she needed a camera :eek: Or I could loan her mine and forget to get it back, then buy myself a new one :shrug:

I'm a badly behaved daughter :LOL:

why?
wish I'd such a generous aunt when I was little!
(would have been a Brownie 127 then btw!)

get her a shutterbug now there stunning for a newbie (y)

All brill and No 4's extra brill. If I were her mum I'd be ordering her DSLR myself right now. Imagine, all you parents of teenagers, your daughter's out taking photos instead of ... who knows? And birthday and Christmas prezzies would be sorted (blow the expense) To say nothing of all the fun she'd have on TP (y)

All brill and No 4's extra brill. If I were her mum I'd be ordering her DSLR myself right now. Imagine, all you parents of teenagers, your daughter's out taking photos instead of ... who knows? And birthday and Christmas prezzies would be sorted (blow the expense) To say nothing of all the fun she'd have on TP (y)

This was precisely my argument! But my mum has a thing about me not buying her expensive stuff, and she isn't big on encouraging talent... long story and I would probably end up emotional if I even went there trying to explain properly:LOL: . I'll work on her though, don't worry ;) The other thing I need to work on is getting my mum to let her have Internet access at home too, at the moment she is only aloud to surf from one of our other sisters houses.

Emma now has her own Flickr account, and I've helped her upload these pics plus a few others from yesterday. She then spent an hour before bed searching through Explore on Flickr, I thought that was the best way for her to understand how good her pics are compared to others. She went to bed happy and blushing :love: Now that is priceless to me, and makes me feel all warm and squishy.

Thank you everyone again :love:

Jo, I see where you are coming from if not the reasons, so perhaps suggest getting her a decent compact to begin with [mum need not know how much it cost, or even buy s/h] so she doesnt feel like you are giving her presents that are too expensive, possibly as a birthday or xmas gift. But definately keep working on her, any teenager that discovers something they love that stops them hanging around doing nothing should be encouraged, if they love it and are good at it, doubly so! Sounds like mum needs to come round to the idea slowly, so softly softly approach! ;)

Well i have spent the last 3 hours trying to burn the images to disc, but there is something wrong with my computer... i have tried everything. Even downloaded 3 different cd burner softwares.. grrrrrrrr. Once i get that sorted and my mum views them on her Tv (she hasn't seen them yet) maybe that will help.

Buy a DSLR, wrap some brown tape round it, give it a few scratches, then put a price-tag saying £3.50 on it and give it to her :D "Just picked it up in a charity shop" ;)

if she (mum) is techno-illiterate:

"I picked it up on eBay for a fiver" ;)

she isn't big on encouraging talent... l:

Well it seems like you are the best one to encourage for the moment...the main thing is that she feels supported so that she can take her talent to new levels!
If you took her out on little trips and let her use your camera in the ways she wanted to then atleast she can still be creative even if she doesnt have her own camera yet :)

:clap:for your sister

Back