My 365 - Had to stop :(

Day 8 Click for larger

One of those days. I have just felt down all and lacked any kind of enthusiasm all day. I slogged through work, paid my Nain a visit and then went to help a friend in Rowen with some auto electrics. Its been raining all evening. I didnt want to get the camera soaked so I took this shot on the way home. Good old Welsh Country roads. I have lived on them since I passed my driving test. A drive down the lanes always cheers me up when i'm down! Here is todays photo. The view from the drivers seat of my car on a moody and wet wednesday night...

Thanks for looking.

Day 9 Click for larger

Tomorrow is one of my mum's workmate's last day. She taught me when I was 7! :eek: As a leaving present they have got her a cake. My mum asked me to take some pictures of it to give to her as a memory. Here is the pick of the bunch for todays 365 :)

i love the shoe:D

you should have, they woudlnt have noticed. or you could have replaced it with a real book

Great image again, and great looking cake. mmm......

Day 10 Friday 18th July

Tonight I revisited Gwyrch Castle with a couple of other friends who used to regularly venture about the place. This time I was armed with a tripod and wanted to try "painting" with torch light. So here is the result. Pitch black by the time we got to this part, its the old wine cellar with the roof caved in.

Day 11 Saturday 19th July

Been a Hectic day today and not had much time for myself (the lie in untill 1pm didnt help matters!) A quick visit to KFC then a mission to find a syphoning pump. I found two syphoning pumps for £1 on a local market stall, BARGAIN! Now I have one for the toolbox in work and one for home! After that it was a bussman's holiday for me armed with my new syphoning pump...Changing Differential and Transfer Box oil on a friends 4x4 ready for Sunday's adventure. It was done with ease thanks to the syphoning pump (all you mechanics/car enthusiasts out there, these are great for refilling gearboxes/diffs and transfer boxes with oil!) It was then the daily visit to check up on my Nain. After completing a couple of errands I noticed time was getting on and I was due to meet friends in town shortly! I quickly popped home, smartened up and put the camera in the boot of my car. Now I was going to get some shots while out having a drink but I really didnt fancy taking my camera to a crammed Weatherspoons on a Saturday night... After everyone was done drinking (or in my case taxiing :bang: ) we headed to the trusty "Aidens Eatery" in Colwyn Bay. After 3 cars worth of people had sorted their food orders, we progressed to Colwyn Bay's skate park under the cover of moonlight. We ate, threw a rugby ball at each other and completly lifted another friend's Fiat Chiqento off the floor :LOL: I suddenly remembered I hadnt done todays 365! Admittedly it was just after midnight but im pleased with this one, even the green flair!

day 12 Saturday 20th July

Another busy day! Up early, a trip to Cheshire to pick up some car parts for my car and my friends 4x4 we sorted out yesterday. It was mid afternoon when we arrived back. It was time to go adventuring. We convoyed round the Welsh lanes in two 4x4's, one suzuki SJ Samurai and the other A Vitara sport... A group of 5 of us went along for the giggles and a very enjoyable afternoon it was too! Finally home, time for a sunday roast, watch the sky plus'ed F1 from earlier which ended in perfect syncro with the start of Top Gear...WINNER! Anyway enough blabbing, heres todays photo from the off roading

There are a load more off roading images on my flickr if you are interested!

Thanks for taking the time to catch up on the 365 :D

Day 13 Monday 21st July

Nothing special today, I've only had time to point the camera out of the livingroom window tonight. Quite gutted as I missed quite a sunset! Ah well, here is pre sunset anyway. Enjoy...

Cheers dude :) One bonus I have with living here is there is a potential sunset every day providing the weather is good enough

Day 6 - Looks like the competition winner for last month - Simple was it? Brill pic mate

Day 7 - Where abouts is it? Think we'll have to venture over :p Lovely composition on the pic, and like the fact the outside isn't all burnt out and you can see whats going on :)

Day 8 - Suprised there hasn't been a few near misses on that road with you driving :p I like the pic, gradually gets darker the higher it goes. The left hand side and the top looks like a silohette.

Day 9 - The cake :D How did it go down with Marian?

Day 10 - Brilliant pic, looks rather scary :shock:

Day 11 - Is the green flair off a laser pen my any chance? :LOL:

Day 12 - Have fun? Did you get stuck this time? haha

Day 13 - Should of held out for the final sunset, it was stunning last night! Brilliant pic though, detail on the clouds have really come out.

Two weeks gone on your 365 already, just 50 to go!

Day 6 - Looks like the competition winner for last month - Simple was it? Brill pic mate

Day 7 - Where abouts is it? Think we'll have to venture over :p Lovely composition on the pic, and like the fact the outside isn't all burnt out and you can see whats going on :)

Day 8 - Suprised there hasn't been a few near misses on that road with you driving :p I like the pic, gradually gets darker the higher it goes. The left hand side and the top looks like a silohette.

Day 9 - The cake :D How did it go down with Marian?

Day 10 - Brilliant pic, looks rather scary :shock:

Day 11 - Is the green flair off a laser pen my any chance? :LOL:

Day 12 - Have fun? Did you get stuck this time? haha

Day 13 - Should of held out for the final sunset, it was stunning last night! Brilliant pic though, detail on the clouds have really come out.

Two weeks gone on your 365 already, just 50 to go!

Day 6 - It was just staring right at me so snapped it

Day 7 - Is Gwyrch Castle (the one you can see from the A55 just past Abergele)

Day 8 - Its not my usuall road that I have my mad moments one :LOL: Its one just outside of Rowen

Day 9 - The cake went down brilliantly as did the pictures :woot:

Day 10 - Another Visit to Gwyrch Castle. This bit is awsome comparered to what it used to be like before the restoration started!

Day 11 - I havent a clue, there werent any about, I think its just lens flair off something. Cant understand why its green though :thinking:

Day 12 - Na the SJ ploughed through it all. Gaz's Vitara struggled. I had to get him out of one section as he didnt have a clue which line to take and kept getting stuck in a very deep rutt!

Day 13 - I didnt have time :( Hopefully be a different story tonight though :)

Ta for the feedback Whitfield (y)

-knows your surnames, steals your identities-

pssh, judy garland strapped hers down for the wizard of oz, i will have no trouble.

:LOL: Actually my hair is well on the way to catching your style at the moment....Time for a cut this week me thinks!

nooo we can be twins!

awh:( keep it, long hair is sexy..

If i grew my hair it would go like this

n1034536030_30110689_4014.jpg

and later turn into this (as modeld by my little brother!)

n510899624_463498_6407.jpg

aww do it, you can have a mini fro

Day 14 Click for larger

My friend who owns this Starlet is also a photography fan. We were due to do a shoot of the car tonight but he ran out of fuel on the way to the location :LOL: I snapped this while waiting on some fuel to arrive. Unfortunately it was too dark to use the location we wanted after but possibly going to try again tomorrow...

Day 15

Very Busy day today! Went straight out on a treasure hunt thingy with a couple of friends after work, it was a right laugh but only managed to snap this view of the mist (its nothing special at all). Also saw the new Batman film tonight, its awsome and I highly recommend it :D

Day 16

Today was my friend Ben's, 21st Birthday. A trip down to Glyn-Y-Gors Go Kart track for a couple of races and then a social gathering at his new house in the evening. I won both Kart races despite starting from the back on the last race! :1st: The gathering this evening was a good giggle, a bit of drinking but not on my behalf. I managed to capture another friend (Tom) performing party tricks....

I know :LOL: Tom lives in Chester now so he isnt down much these days. He was supposed to come Go carting today but had an eye appointment

Day 17 Friday 25th July

Today's photo is from a night shoot I was attempting to in Rhos on Sea with a friend with his film SLR. Unfortunatey this had to be cut short as I ended up taking another friend throught to A&E, not where you want to be on a Friday Night! Only took 15 experimental shots in the dark but this one was my favourite of the bunch. Ive used the RAW editor to desaturate it except for a couple of colours.

Day 18 Saturday 26th July

New phone today so I took this from it, as my camera battery was flat

day 19 Sunday 27th July

I feel so rough today, I had far too much to drink last night and havent left my house. So here is tonight's sunset. Was lovely and vibrant but also very hazy!

Awesome entries, the last two. Others are great too! I have been away on holiday, so fell behind.

G.

Thankyou very much Gary :D Did you have a good break?

Day 20 Monday 28th July

Well since this morning when I heard tonights weather forecast I was determind to get a shot of the lightening....."Shouldnt be too hard" I thought to myself. Off I trotted up the Great Orme. The storm started aproaching and I had a clear shot of the sky. Next thing, despite my shelter, the heavens opened VERY heavily and I ended up making a dash for the car :( Storm 1, Rob 0..... I found some shelter at the bottom of the Orme but by the time I had found the place the eye of the storm had well passed. I did however manage to capture this lightening bolt... Not great but i'm glad I walked away with knowledge for next time about where to find shelter and correctly expose lightening. Thanks for looking

I think its awesome, I am always impressed with Lightning shots!

Well done for capturing it,

Gary.

[/QUOTE]

Nice shot ,,, Romper....

What were your camera settings . mate ?

Thank you for the comments :)

Andy, The settings I used are f14 at 30s exposure time. I had the camera set to -2 f stops on the display too so the light pollution from the town wasnt overpowering :)

Day 21 29th July 2008

No time at all to get out with the camera today as it was straight home from work then straight out for a friends Birthday Meal. It was 11pm when we finished and I was so shattered I just wanted to go home to bed. SO I thought I would have a crack at HDR. I started this in the early hours of Tuesday and have just put a couple of touches on it now. Its a little soft but im pleased for a first attempt. Ideally it would have been better with a more dramatic sunset but I made do with what I had to work with :)

Last edited:
Day 22 Wednesday 30 July

I was sent home from work this morning due to not feeling well at all. I feel like I have so little energy and such a bad headache its unbeliveable. Understandably I dont feel like doing much so I snapped myself (what a day to do it on!) But ah well. Here is a majority of me looking far from my best

Back