My Braun Super Paxette project

OK if you're not totally bored with my collection yet, here's the final* rangefinder coupled lens for the Paxette system, fresh off the boat from Germany. It's the lens standing up on the top right:

It's a Steinheil Munchen Tele-Quinar 135mm f3.5 and it's the only one I've seen for sale anywhere for a long long time - and it's optically mint!

*as far as I know - happy to be corrected!

Ped you mentioned an "Enna" lens right back when this thread started : I have one here, what is it?
Text reads "Enna Werk Munchen Ennit 1:2.8/45 Nr.2113261"

If it's not for your rangefinder-coupled mount, then what?

It is machined bright alloy with a black scale in the middle and a tiny red slidey switch.

Ped you mentioned an "Enna" lens right back when this thread started : I have one here, what is it?

It is machined bright alloy with a black scale in the middle and a tiny red slidey switch.
Put up some pics, that'll help a lot (y)

Hi there

Sounds like a bayonet mount lens for the later series cameras like this one from Nick's fave shop, Rocky Cameras:

http://www.rockycameras.com/braun-paxette-automatic-super-iii-rangefinder-camera--1999-35619-p.asp

Yes Ped, it looks very similar to that one, so that's a bayonet-fit but still for a rangefinder, thanks.
Mine has a less garish red slider :)
Were there any other body makes using the exact same mount?

Yes Ped, it looks very similar to that one, so that's a bayonet-fit but still for a rangefinder, thanks.
Mine has a less garish red slider :)
Were there any other body makes using the exact same mount?

I'm not 100% sure. I think there's a body by a company called DeJur which uses the Paxette lenses...

Here's a new pic - just to show off a display stand I just got in the post!

One lens left to hunt down - and it's one of the more common and least well regarded, the Steinheil Cassrit 2.8/50. Trouble is they normally come with a body attached which I don't need, and priced seem to fluctuate wildly. Probably partly my fault!!

A worthy bump Ped.

Now, maybe you're the guy to identify this hollow alloy thing I got at a recent car-boot-fair ;

LensExtensionThing.JPG

A worthy bump Ped.

Now, maybe you're the guy to identify this hollow alloy thing I got at a recent car-boot-fair ;

LensExtensionThing.JPG
Looks like some sort of extension system? How wide is the threaded end? Does it extend out?

By the way the Paxette collection looks awesome. I think I may have to consider something similar, just to give more purpose to my impulse buying!

Last edited:
Reactions: ped
That looks like a microscope adaptor to me, if the diameter of one of the ends is about 1 inch then it's designed to slide over a microscope eyepiece.

A bit like this
big_3.jpg

It's only a guess, mind you it can't hurt to give it a try!

^^^^^^^^

:D

Better than the £100 plus on the others.

Last edited:
Yeah it's weird, prices have gone a bit mental. Generally when open to bids they'll go for about £20, but sellers are putting buy it now prices of hundreds!

I'm in no rush so I'll wait until a lens is listed at a reasonable price. Especially as it's probably the cheapest of the whole range.

It's also one of the most common so surprising I haven't ended up with one via some if the trading I've already done.

Hi everyone

I'm back!

I've been shooting my RD-1 constantly but I'm away next week and have decided to take the Paxettes. Well, one, at least - probably the Super (top right in photo at top of page) because the meter works really well and it has a decent finder. I'll take the Steinheil Munchen Quinon 1:2/50 and Tele-Quinar 1:3.5/135.

For now I'll probably send the film off, but I must say that I'm tempted to get back into home development again, which I always enjoyed, especially when using a Rondinax tank.

However - I always hated cutting the film into strips and loading them into the carrier of my Minolta Damage III scanner (which I still have, but I have lost the carrier - can't find spares anywhere)

So I'm tempted to buy a Nikon 400ED or 5000ED so that I can us this full roll adapter https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/949217792/nikon-4000ed-and-5000ed-full-roll

I'll likely use my home desktop iMac (2012) so will probably need a bunch of adapters and Vuescan....

Interested in any thoughts and I'll share my pictures assuming they come out OK!

Holy thread revival Batman!

Welcome back Ped, was always very impressed with your Braun collection, beautiful little cameras. Would be great to see some film throught it again. The 5000 is a step above the 4000 but also probably double the price, the whole roll scan ability does make them very attractive though.

I can't believe it's been TEN YEARS since my last post - things have changed a lot in that time!

I was getting my cameras out yesterday and made a lis of all my palette lenses, so here it is in case anyone is remotely interested:

Staeble Lineogon 1:3.5/35

Staeble Choro 1:3.5/38

Roeschlein Kreuznach E Pointar 1:2.8/45

Pointikar 1:2.8/45

Steinheil Munchen Cassar 1:2.8/45

Staeble Kata E 1:2.8/45

Schneider Kreuznach Xenar 1:2.8/50

Steinheil Munchen Quinon 1:2/50

Carl Zeiss Tessar 1:2.8/50

Steinheil Munchen Quinar 1:3.5/85

Roeschlein Kreuznach Telenar 1:3.8/90

Enna-Werk Munchen Tele-Ennalyt 1:3.5/135

Roeschlein Kreuznach Telenar 1:5.6/135

Steinheil Munchen Tele-Quinar 1:3.5/135

Its a fabulous collection, I only have a few Paxette bodies and lenses and they are due a run out too.

Back