My hide Autumn/Winter 2014/2014

Another days hard graft shifting about 5 ton of big logs :wacky: In between on breaks only took a few shots including a dodgy Buzzard :)

9646787570_e6492ca3f3.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Managed a couple of hours today. Shame about the light as I would have got better Jays fighting. Over the moon that the juv Male Sparrowhawk came in for the 1st time.

9681188676_fb32b9ea3b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I love those Jay shots - looks like I'll have to book another visit ;)

The Jays will be there Bill, had 13 in at once yesterday ;)
Pitvar I have fine tuned things now and can get the jays scrapping quite regular, be great to see yous all again ;) It was brill watching the hawk doing loads of mock attacks on the jays annoying the life out of them.

I might get in trouble, but maybe if some one asks its ok I presume???? naturephotographyhides mate :)

Last edited:
Fabulous images. Those hides look fantastic.

We stayed on the Galloway estate near Garlieston, right next to Rigg bay, 2 years ago. Absolutely loved the area!
If I get back up there again, i'll be in touch.

Cheers Alan. I did the their fox hide near Windsor a couple of months ago and loved it.

Danny and Mark dont do anything by halves, very professional set up. The Foxes were a huge success and there is a few more new subjects coming up soon that are mouth watering. Glad you had a good experience :)

Fabulous images. Those hides look fantastic.

We stayed on the Galloway estate near Garlieston, right next to Rigg bay, 2 years ago. Absolutely loved the area!
If I get back up there again, i'll be in touch.

Great stuff Carl, there are so many from South of the border that drive right past Galloway for 100s of miles and its just as beautiful here as up North.

Totally agree with you Alan! (proper `dark skies` too (y) )

Within 30 mins of hanging a left at Gretna, I saw my first red kites. :cool:

Well after an 8 hour shift at work I squeezed a few hours at the hide in despite heavy showers. I almost didn't go, but thankfully I did and it was Sparrowhawk central and probably one of the best days I have had. A female was on the perch when I arrived so not to disturb her I got a soaking waiting on her going on her own accord. 15 minutes later I eventually got in the hide and in 2 hours another two Males came in. One that's about 15 months old and another of this years young which is a beautiful bird. I took over 1000 photos as they were there almost constantly. Red letter day for sure, but its going to be non stop activity from now I am confident of that. Sorry about posting so many, but I still have loads of ones I like ))))

9694727448_ecbb9e5fb8.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back