My Holy Grail ***Second Image Added***

I've seen several doctors cars with the green light fitted, but never once seen one lit up.
I guess if you ever see one on a motorway, it would mean something very bad has happened to someone up ahead. :(

Indeed I guess that it would :( which is never good really, I often wonder why they are lit up when I get blues in my trails, but ultimately that is life :| so if they're out there out :shrug:

Matt

Great capture, congrats on the blues. We were hoped for some last night but no luck.

Thank you, you will get them (y) but it may take time, it took me the best part of 12 months to get my first blue's into one of my exposures ;)

These are fantastic Matt! I've always fancied a go at doing this, and think I have a perfect location literally on my doorstep. Do you have a link to a tutorial - or maybe a clue to the settings I'd need to put my 500D on?

I see you've found the guide I wrote (y) as to settings I've always found the best setting for me are f/22, ISO100 and a 90 second exposure (y) I look forward to seeing your attempts :D

Matt

good foundational image
you dont need the sky or the left part of the shot
then it becomes a true lumiere abstract
cheers
geof

good foundational image
you dont need the sky or the left part of the shot
then it becomes a true lumiere abstract
cheers
geof

Cheers Geof, I'm pleased that you like it :D

These are both brilliant mate. Especially the first one, fantastic timing!

Thanks, I was so excited as soon as I knew I was going to get it (y) :woot:

Smashing shots Matt, so rich and luxurious. Perseverance pays off at last. (y):clap:

Indeed it has taken me a long time to get it but at long last all that time has paid off :D

These are both awesome (y)

I prefer the second one because I feel like the movement in the sky really complements the lines of the light trails.

These are both awesome (y)

I prefer the second one because I feel like the movement in the sky really complements the lines of the light trails.

Thanks, I really like the movement of the sky in the second myself and that was the reason for shooting some from that angle :D and to get a second holy grail image from that angle also was a little mad (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Actually, a similar thing happened to me last year. At the time I just got this new bridge compact and wanted to see how it handled night time long exposures, so I opened my hobby room window, placed the camera in the gap and got it set for a 10 sec exposure test shot . . .

. . . when at that precise time, a police car sped by! (This was taken on a rather misty evening of Dec 29th '10).

police%2Blight.jpg

I think we have met each other before though this kind of thing in here in the past! Excellent captures in your case, though!

Last edited:
Actually, a similar thing happened to me last year. At the time I just got this new bridge compact and wanted to see how it handled night time long exposures, so I opened my hobby room window, placed the camera in the gap and got it set for a 10 sec exposure test shot . . .

. . . when at that precise time, a police car sped by! (This was taken on a rather misty evening of Dec 29th '10).

I think we have met each other before though this kind of thing in here in the past! Excellent captures in your case, though!

Indeed we have (y) there has been a lot of work go into getting my long exposure dozens of hours on motorway bridges waiting for that perfect lights and blues in there too (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

just what are these blue lights you speak of? Living in rural South Norfolk I also am completely confused as to how there is more than one lane of traffic going in the same direction at the same time???

yeah its usually a horse and cart doing 3 miles a day :LOL::LOL:

cracking shot Matt- the blues are such a bonus :clap:

Les (y)

Brilliant Matt, bet your well chuff with them both, right time right place for the doubled blues :clap:

Cheers Dave, It really was a case of right place right time, but it had to happen one day I'd put enough time into trying to get it :D

yeah its usually a horse and cart doing 3 miles a day :LOL::LOL:

cracking shot Matt- the blues are such a bonus :clap:

Les (y)

:LOL: Thanks Les, indeed the blues were a real bonus :D

Matt

Well done Matt, they both look great.
Gather you have waited along time for a shot like the first pic.

bet never had anything to do with someone reporting a jumper on the motoway bridge lol

Thanks Darren, indeed it's taken me a little over two years to get a double flashing lights trail let alone a double blue (y)

Indeed that has been a consideration that people may think that I'm a jumper, though out of all the police that I've spoken to the only person to mention the jumper issue was a Highways Agency Guy :LOL:

I did have a scare once when I got my first ever blue's in a light trail over a short trailing session I had 7 sets of blues go through in the space of 30 minutes then the motorway was closed :eek: but the closure turned out to be nothing to do with my actions (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Back