My most viewed photo on Flickr yesterday......... Part 2

I went through a spell of one a day for about 10 days. :D

But that's not luck, that's cos i'm awesome with a camera........ :exit:

I've had 32 in explore in total - they seem to come in groups for some reason.

I tell a lie. I've actually had 5 in explore, it's just that three of them fell out shortly after going in.

I've had 32 in explore in total - they seem to come in groups for some reason.

Yeah, mine all came in two weeks!

My "most viewed" has been the same one every day for virtually a week now, and I don't even think it's that good!!

I know it's probably a stupid question, but apart from tagging my pictures and taking better ones, how do I go about getting more views?

I know it's probably a stupid question, but apart from tagging my pictures and taking better ones, how do I go about getting more views?

There are thousands of different groups on flickr where you can post your photos. Just do a search for whatever you feel is appropriate for your photo(s). Some groups have "awards" and when you post your photo, you have to award a certain amount of others. I have acquired lots of new followers by this, and thus, more views. It's also nice for people to "award" your photo, too. I post lots of my photos to various groups.

Also, if you post to groups on flickr, and take the time to comment on others in the group, you are more likely to get the same in return.

Last edited:
Thanks Jackie :) Just joined a few for the ones I have several photos for, mostly cats ;)

I know - just lazy. Gotta see how the camera is compared to my old 4

Not sure if you noticed it's only in one group you may have to bite the bullet and join more groups. Dog shots will often do over a 100 views so cats must do the same do a search on Flickr for cat groups

Oh I know, I didn't want to go nuts and spend ages adding everything in one night is all.

Just seeing a few people like it enough to view it and a few likes on here is positive encouragement which is great in itself.

3 others I added to that one group today got 55 today which is nice.

Last edited:
Oh I know, I didn't want to go nuts and spend ages adding everything in one night is all.

Just seeing a few people like it enough to view it and a few likes on here is positive encouragement which is great in itself.
Just put an invite on a group I am in on your most recent shot, I notice they do cat images as well lol

It can be a bit addictive lol

Back