My most viewed photo on Flickr yesterday......... Part 2

The stall just behind your fella has [or used to have] a 'Photography prohibited in this area' sign :D

I've noticed that, but don't know if it's still there, and I wonder how they'd enforce that. And how big is the area, and do they know far an 800mm lens can reach?

The ones that get me are the "NO PHOTOS!" signs. I just tell them I don't want to buy any photos, I can make my own perfectly well, thank you very much! :D

"Solo Walker"

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph captured at London UK of a guy out walking on his own.
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap because I feel it's better suited to this type of photography and I'm trying to create a more journalistic approach to my street style snaps.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

Solo Walk-03590 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

"Excellent" action type capture Maarten, well composed with some really good movement in the shot yet still sharp where it needs to be.

Thanks - I have been experimenting with 1/30 1/20, 1/15, 1/10 and 1/6 shutter speeds. Because the runners move left to right but also up and down some shots come out quite good but others are completely blurry, even if the panning motion was good. It's a case of taking a lot of shots and then downselecting which ones worked. With some luck, 1/10 and 1/6 shutter speeds give some of the most interesting results:

20211009_093311_209 by Maarten D'Haese, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well done, Rob. Did you know there's a thread for this?

I think I must have stumbled across it at some point, as I have liked a couple of the posts in the thread, but I had completely forgotten about it. :-D

Back