My new motorbike

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
Well after being with out transport off my own since 2009, so on Thursday the 3rd of October i went to Swindon to collect my 12 plate Yamaha ybr125 So i thought i would share an image with you. I will being going out when i get time to somewhere more pretty to take some decent picks for critique.

Honey-1
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Nice bike Mandy:) I used to ride but had to give it up about 5 years ago when my neck was giving me gyp. I'm afraid years of nursing have not been kind to my joints:( My favourite of the bikes I owned was the Honda Babyblade, I loved that bike. I sold it and bought a Suzuki 800cc cruiser and hated it. Much preferred the race bike.
I will see if I have any pics of it and post them.

Ride safe and have fun:)

This was my favourite:) Had so much fun on this. Now I'd be lucky if I could swing my leg over it! Getting old is no fun:(

by Bykerlass, on Flickr

This was my favourite:) Had so much fun on this. Now I'd be lucky if I could swing my leg over it! Getting old is no fun:(

by Bykerlass, on Flickr

Beautiful bike, my ybr is my third bike I had a honda cbr125 in repsol colours on a 06 plate but that got nicked and broke my heart July 2007 and then I had a honda NSR 125 foxeye jc20 but that died of serious engine failure on April fools day 2009. My next bike is hopefully going to be the new Kawasaki er650 in green to keep me going until I source the right Suzuki gsxr750 as I am a Suzuki girl at heart but I do love my Hondas as well.

My very rarely used fireblade. I was shocked to discover that my MOT in July showed I had covered less than 700 miles in 4 years so I reckon it may have to go next year.
I have owned a couple of GSXR 750's the first was the 750L oil cooled upside down fork model, great bike but sadly that was stolen my replacement was a brand new GSXR 750 SRAD I managed to write it off with 514 miles on the clock :(

Sunday toy's
by lloydie1963, on Flickr

My very rarely used fireblade. I was shocked to discover that my MOT in July showed I had covered less than 700 miles in 4 years so I reckon it may have to go next year.
I have owned a couple of GSXR 750's the first was the 750L oil cooled upside down fork model, great bike but sadly that was stolen my replacement was a brand new GSXR 750 SRAD I managed to write it off with 514 miles on the clock :(

Sunday toy's
by lloydie1963, on Flickr

Sorry to hear you had a bike nicked, that's one very lovely fire blade how come you hardly use it, bikes are in my blood I can't imagine not ever being able to ride . I was without wheels of any kind since 2009 and it killed me.

I used to go off for days out with a group of mates but one by one they sold their bikes to get cars have families etc, I did all those things but never got round to selling my bike. With the glorious summer we just had I only clocked up 120 miles this year. Perhaps I should join a group I don't live far from Abergavenny and most Sundays there groups of bikers meet at the bus station (or at least they used to). Perhaps a I'll take ride down next spring and who knows.

Yes I know the big bike meet at Abergavenny I have been there a few times. I ride on my own as, I don't have any friends with bikes that live close to me anymore and the ones that do abandoned me when I was without bikes.

Congrats Mandy.

I used to have one of these gull arms maggie, same colour and everything, ... probably one of the most beautiful bikes ever I think ...I'm six foot two can you imagine? I used to spot this bloke in shop window reflections and think, blimey look at that massive bloke on a tiny bike, then suddenly realise it was me! :D

Have you found the rear foot pegs yet?

I so miss mine now ...but Ive got six more so its not too heavy. hee.

by Bykerlass, on Flickr

Last edited:
This is one of my favorites.
Laverda09.jpg

And if anybody needs a 25 year exp motorcycle mechanic greater london way, see the website and give me a call.

Excuse me Mandy. ;)

Last edited:
I;ve got a yzf thundercat 600 bulletproof engine, had it 4 years now never missed a beat.Also had a gxsr 750 k5 never got use to it, someone nicked it after eight weeks of owning it so i then bought an hayabusa 1300 had for a year then threw it down the road that was the best bike i owned

I used to go off for days out with a group of mates but one by one they sold their bikes to get cars have families etc, I did all those things but never got round to selling my bike. With the glorious summer we just had I only clocked up 120 miles this year. Perhaps I should join a group I don't live far from Abergavenny and most Sundays there groups of bikers meet at the bus station (or at least they used to). Perhaps a I'll take ride down next spring and who knows.

Sometimes it helps if you can meet up with like minded people, I found that I couldn't be bothered at times to get all the gear on and just go off somewhere without a purpose on my own. Its a shame a nice bike like that sitting in the garage. Perhaps in the spring you will feel more like it.

I;ve got a yzf thundercat 600 bulletproof engine, had it 4 years now never missed a beat.Also had a gxsr 750 k5 never got use to it, someone nicked it after eight weeks of owning it so i then bought an hayabusa 1300 had for a year then threw it down the road that was the best bike i owned

My son had a Thundercat, lovely bike but I found it too high for me.. most bikes were as I'm a shortie:) I remember the Hayabusa's coming out, weren't they the fastest road bike at the time? Other son had an R1 that was seriously scarey. My first bike was the Suzuki SV 650, then the Babyblade, Marauder 800, and finally the Kawasaki ZZR. Still miss the freedom of the bike especially in the summer but I think I would really struggle to ride now. My next bike will be a motobility scooter I think :dummy:

My son had a Thundercat, lovely bike but I found it too high for me.. most bikes were as I'm a shortie:) I remember the Hayabusa's coming out, weren't they the fastest road bike at the time? Other son had an R1 that was seriously scarey. My first bike was the Suzuki SV 650, then the Babyblade, Marauder 800, and finally the Kawasaki ZZR. Still miss the freedom of the bike especially in the summer but I think I would really struggle to ride now. My next bike will be a motobility scooter I think :dummy:

I have that problem I am a shortie myself 26 inch inside leg plays havoc with my choices of bikes, but where there is a will there's a way.

I have that problem I am a shortie myself 26 inch inside leg plays havoc with my choices of bikes, but where there is a will there's a way.

That was always my problem! Sounds like we are of similar height. The Babyblade was a perfect height for me but of course you are having to practically lay down on the tank. The ZZR and the SV I had the seat scooped out, this helped a bit. But yes, where there's a will there is always a way. LOL

That was always my problem! Sounds like we are of similar height. The Babyblade was a perfect height for me but of course you are having to practically lay down on the tank. The ZZR and the SV I had the seat scooped out, this helped a bit. But yes, where there's a will there is always a way. LOL

With all this modern technology there is ways and means of lowering bigger bikes with out compromising the bikes stability and handling. And being Scottish I am determined to get what I want in the end lol .

Some nice bikes in here!
My last big bike and the only pic I have of it:

And the reason I can't handle a big one now :(

(The meccano's been removed, but so has the radial head)

Mandy, those YBR's go forever. No-frills, solid tried and tested build. I have a (much) older one waiting for some winter work on it. Not a lot, just the expected of brake shoes, chain/sprockets and I might as well put in a new clutch while I'm there :)

That looks like my injury. My knees hit the handlebars on the way over.
A car driver decided to turn across the road without looking.
That was my last bike, a Honda CBX550 some 30 years ago.

Some nice bikes in here!
My last big bike and the only pic I have of it:

And the reason I can't handle a big one now :(

(The meccano's been removed, but so has the radial head)

Mandy, those YBR's go forever. No-frills, solid tried and tested build. I have a (much) older one waiting for some winter work on it. Not a lot, just the expected of brake shoes, chain/sprockets and I might as well put in a new clutch while I'm there :)

Ouch that injury looks like it was very nasty, yes the old ybr's do go on forever and are very easy to maintain.

Not a rider but an enthusiastic pillion here :) OH has a honda650 deaville and a honda cb400 with a cb250 engine and 450dx body (think thats all the right way round o_O)
If anyone is south wales area join up to our fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/562487250466235/ it says 125cc owners but not all in the group are, its not been running long and is rather quiet but we hope to sort out a meet/ride out soon

Not a rider but an enthusiastic pillion here :) OH has a honda650 deaville and a honda cb400 with a cb250 engine and 450dx body (think thats all the right way round o_O)
If anyone is south wales area join up to our fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/562487250466235/ it says 125cc owners but not all in the group are, its not been running long and is rather quiet but we hope to sort out a meet/ride out soon

Joined the group.... My ex had a NT650 then he got the new NT750 deaville they were his work bikes for fun we had a k5 gixxer750 in blue and black for fun. We had that for a couple of years and got the k7 gixxer 1000.

This was my last bike:
RIMG0317.jpg~original

Sadly it was the wrong bike at the wrong time, and turned out not to be comfy for long distances. I found that I was travelling everywhere at 100mph despite the iffy handling and brakes, and in the end it was better it went before I did. :(

Our son, now 25, took his test last year, bought a Fazer 600, which was fine until someone turned right in front of him & wrote the bike off. He walked away from that, but the crash he had 3 weeks later on the insurance loan bike broke his left leg mid-femur and both tib & fib at the ankle. He's also had grafts to replace the missing skin & flesh on his shin and knee. He's a fighter though, and is climbing again, having just come back from a 2 month road trip across the US.

He still wants another bike, and for that matter I'd quite like a Triumph twin.

This was my last bike:
RIMG0317.jpg~original

Sadly it was the wrong bike at the wrong time, and turned out not to be comfy for long distances. I found that I was travelling everywhere at 100mph despite the iffy handling and brakes, and in the end it was better it went before I did. :(

Our son, now 25, took his test last year, bought a Fazer 600, which was fine until someone turned right in front of him & wrote the bike off. He walked away from that, but the crash he had 3 weeks later on the insurance loan bike broke his left leg mid-femur and both tib & fib at the ankle. He's also had grafts to replace the missing skin & flesh on his shin and knee. He's a fighter though, and is climbing again, having just come back from a 2 month road trip across the US.

He still wants another bike, and for that matter I'd quite like a Triumph twin.

Nice bike tho I am not really a fan of triumphs my self, but in saying that my best friend rides a triumph speed triple in black with gold wheels and many other mod cons and it looks the dogs ........ As far as triumphs go.

Nice bike tho I am not really a fan of triumphs my self, but in saying that my best friend rides a triumph speed triple in black with gold wheels and many other mod cons and it looks the dogs ........ As far as triumphs go.

Perfectly reasonable. Hope you enjoy your little 'un and say safe.

Perfectly reasonable. Hope you enjoy your little 'un and say safe.

I am enjoying it my third bike I had a few bonding issues with her to begin with given I am most used to riding and racing sports bikes so the seating position was a new ball game for me, and despite all the foam in my seat I find it uncomfy after a while. We have bonded a bit better now just waiting for the better weather so I can enjoy her more as my Michelin sporty tyres that's on the bike are not the best for wet weather. Not my preferred tyre choice I am a Bridgestone girl myself I have a lot of confidence in them tyres. But I am not one to moan when I get a free set off tyres fitted before I got the bike.

Glad you're enjoying it. I couldn't believe how good modern tyres had become compared to the bikes I had as a teen.

don't modern 125's look bigger nowadays
it looks like a nice bike though

i went through my biking phase during the 80's but havn't ridden a bike for some years now
unfortunately when i was riding bikes i took very few photo's and havn't got so many of the bikes i was riding at the time but here's one of em that is sitting on my HDD for some reason

don't see many of these about now probably due to the dodgy wastegate on the turbo not many of them survived

my main passion at the time was 2 strokes and had a few including the rg 125's , 250,'s and 500's i used to love the rg 500's had a couple of those fantastic fun but real heavy on the pocket

Last edited:
don't modern 125's look bigger nowadays
it looks like a nice bike though

i went through my biking phase during the 80's but havn't ridden a bike for some years now
unfortunately when i was riding bikes i took very few photo's and havn't got so many of the bikes i was riding at the time but here's one of em that is sitting on my HDD for some reason

don't see many of these about now probably due to the dodgy wastegate on the turbo not many of them survived

my main passion at the time was 2 strokes and had a few including the rg 125's , 250,'s and 500's i used to love the rg 500's had a couple of those fantastic fun but real heavy on the pocket

Blimey that bikes a blast from the past can't say as I have seen to many off them.

Joined the group.... My ex had a NT650 then he got the new NT750 deaville they were his work bikes for fun we had a k5 gixxer750 in blue and black for fun. We had that for a couple of years and got the k7 gixxer 1000.
Thanks for joining, feel free to post up on there, someone will reply soon enough (very quiet atm) We both love the deauville, went to london and back in august and didnt have a single problem, very comfy bike and amazingly economical. Its just been put back on the road for the winter as the screen/wind deflectors etc make winter riding much more comfortable. The cb is his "toy" but is likely to be replaced with a zzr or zxr 400 next year sometime, which will take me on the back much easier than the cb does

Mmmmmmm... TurboKat! A friend had a non turbo 1100 Kat and was surprised at having to keep below 120 while running it in! I remember being overtaken at about that time by a CBX. I was doing 70 and it howled past me before snacking up the other several gears.

Mmmmmmm... TurboKat! A friend had a non turbo 1100 Kat and was surprised at having to keep below 120 while running it in! I remember being overtaken at about that time by a CBX. I was doing 70 and it howled past me before snacking up the other several gears.

that bike was known as the XN85 Turbo they were 650cc turbos and was suzuki's attempt at the kawasaki gpz 750 turbo and what a poor attempt it was they were only good for 130mph but the handeling was better than the gpz 750 turbo but no where near as fast
they did indeed have the katana styling and a few used to ditch the 650 engine and put the 1100 in it's place it fit straight in because of the extra room in the frame for the turbo which sat behind the engine
you ended up with a faster bike and no turbo problems
win win all round :)

After riding exclusively sports bikes for years I have finally went for something more comfortable, a Monster S2R. I have had it for a little over 12 months and now couldn't go back to the bum high, wrists low riding position - I must be getting old!

Ride carefully people

Mark

Being a shorty, I've always liked kawasakis. Currently I have a zzr1200, with approx 78k on it. It's my daily commute vehicle.

Some of the bikes over the last 15 years.

Owned Blackbird for 10 years. Best bike I've ever had. Biggest mistake ever selling it.

Currently have a KTM 990SMT which is sloooow.

9142_16680630435292605253afa.jpg

9142_1384976169529260580954e.jpg

9142_17953301715292605c571c7.jpg

Back