My Olympus and Om systems bird photos and maybe a few with my Canon system

The Green Woodpecker is very nice.

What is the Shrike eating, looks like a mouse?
In Sweden they call them grey headed woodpeckers.
Yep it's a mouse I don't know how much you know about the Shrikes we call them a butcher bird because they hang there prey on thorns like a fridge in a butchers shop. He heard the camera and looked towards me. They are a tough little bird and will give bigger birds a really hard time if they get on their patch

In Sweden they call them grey headed woodpeckers.

It seems they are a subspecies of the ones we have in the UK. I will do more research on this, I love a school day.

Yep it's a mouse I don't know how much you know about the Shrikes we call them a butcher bird because they hang there prey on thorns like a fridge in a butchers shop.

Yes, I knew this but never seen an image of one with prey.

It seems they are a subspecies of the ones we have in the UK. I will do more research on this, I love a school day.
Not meant to be Dale. I only realised when I was looking them up. According to her in doors I still have a lot to learn.
Yes, I knew this but never seen an image of one with prey.
I have only ever seen it twice and I'm a Shrike aficionado I just love these little birds.
Male and female Red-backed Shrike.
You know what the say Dale "You only stop learning when they are nailing down the lid"
1000019452.jpg

Last edited:
Back