.nef PS CS2 - please please please help!

Name
Sarah
Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya,

I have a nikon d70s which processes raw into .NEF files! Have recently got a new netbook and downloaded CS2 onto it - (the others are too large unfortunately for my small memory!) am running Windows 7

I can't open the photos though! I know I need to install a plug in - as I did on my laptop but I can't remember which one it is - have done a search on adobe site but am getting totally confused!

so - please can someone help and tell me how to get to these photo's?

manyt thanks

Sarah XX

Hiya,

I have a nikon d70s which processes raw into .NEF files! Have recently got a new netbook and downloaded CS2 onto it - (the others are too large unfortunately for my small memory!) am running Windows 7

I can't open the photos though! I know I need to install a plug in.....

Pretty sure it's "adobe camera raw" you need

i still use CS2 and a Nikon ... no problems here :thinking:

what exactly is happening?

have downloaded that - the one that says it covers D70s - but still no luck :( Gah!

have downloaded that - the one that says it covers D70s - but still no luck :( Gah!

presumably you have done this bit:

To install with Adobe Creative Suite 2 or Photoshop CS2:

Exit Photoshop CS2.
Open My Computer.
Double-click Local Disk (C:).
Navigate to Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS2\File Formats.
Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as Step 4.
Launch Photoshop CS2 or Adobe Bridge.

Back