New camera to replace canon 450D?

Buy some nice lenses. You have a cracking camera there

I recently upgraded to a 60D from a 450D but it depends what you want to acheive from your photography. Have you got a kind soul with deep pockets or is this a present for yourself?

I would go for decent lenses then camera or like me get adicted and both :)

Lets say i did go down the route of buying new glass, What lens/s should I buy?
my budget is about £700. And should I sell my current basic lenses: canon kit lens 18-55mm and Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is - EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 is Lens.

my budget is about £700. And should I sell my current basic lenses: canon kit lens 18-55mm and Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is - EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 is Lens.

if you mean your budget is £700 without selling your current kit then your current kit including the 450d body is worth around £450 , for arguments sake say £1100 to play with , lots of options there to invest in a better body ( 40D ) and glass of your choice ( depending on what you need ) if you want to buy secondhand :)

if you mean your budget is £700 without selling your current kit then your current kit including the 450d body is worth around £450 , for arguments sake say £1100 to play with , lots of options there to invest in a better body ( 40D ) and glass of your choice ( depending on what you need ) if you want to buy secondhand :)

You'd never get £450 for a S/H 450D, you can get a new 500D with kit lens for not much more than that.

What do you want to shoot?

I was in similar situation with my 400d when I started.
I went for the lens first. Keep a eye and the odd bargains always come up regularly. Got practise with it and few months later changed the body to a 50d.

Keep looking at second hand camera shops as they get the od bargain that is cheaper than eBay or similar

Hi

For a £700 budget, and for shooting birds and landscapes....

You've got quite decent lenses and camera for that at the moment, considering budget restraints.

The 70-200 although better quality, doesnt have the reach of the 55-250. I think most bird shooters say a 400mm is minimum. The 18-55 IS stopped down would also do some decent landscape shots.

What might I do with £700.....

Sigma 10-20 - for the ultrawide landscapes
480/580exII flash - made a big difference to me being able to bounce flash...soon to experiment with off camera.
Tripod, head and radio (not infrared) remote release - good for sharp landscapes and/or lowlight. Also setup remotely sometimes towards the bird feeder/table - camera triggered with a radio shutter release.

I know my suggestion isn't exactly what you asked, but gives you some more options/toys to play with.

Back