New DVD loan thread, not just Studio/Lighting also General Photographic Titles too!

EdBray said:
I realise that it could cost about £8 to post but you will have to decide yourselves if you feel that the loan would be worth that to you.

The cost of RMSD a couple of days ago was £9.05 with a quoted value of £350 (although I think they were actually covered for £500)

I think at <£1 per DVD this was well worthwhile. The cost could be reduced by sending only the backup copies in a padded envelope, but I don't know if there would then be some copyright issue ?

Please do not send only the copies, that would be a breach of copyright and the forum, or I cannot condone that.

Yes, unfortunately the price of Special Delivery went up earlier this year.

I had a great time over the weekend watching these over & over,thanks to Ed.:)(y)
I have psted the dvd box this morning to rowla RMSD.(y)

DOUBLE POST,taken this one out,a mod could delete maybe.:)

Last edited:
Received the DVDs & have PM'd mtxfiesta to post he agrees to the terms.

:)(y)

I have just posted the DVDs RMSD to mtxfiesta.

And a big Thank you to Ed!

Thanks Iain, agree to the t&c PM sent re address
Dave

Thanks Iain looks like a trip to the sorting office on Wednesday as I will be out most of tomorrow morning
Dave

Received 9 DVD's from Eighh Avenue (Iain) today.
PM sent to Jeff.B
Looking forward to viewing them.

Dave

It would appear I had misspelt a user name, so have corrected David Getton in the last list to the correct David Gethin.

I will publish an updated list in the next couple of days.

Hi Edward, could you please add me to the list?

Thanks,
Dan

Posted to Jeff.B today RMSD £9.05p
Dont Forget.......
- shutter speed controls ambient exposure
- aperture controls flash exposure.
Thanks Edward for sharing these DVD's they were really interesting
Dave

I can almost touch them from here Mark lol - A shame you need to send them south for them just to come straight back up! :D

I can confirm that i agree to the terms and conditions and look forward to getting the DVDS! :)

Sorry Jim :( lol

List below has also been updated to 08/02/12

The Titles available in the box are:

Zach Arias One Light Workshop (2 DVD set)
Professional studio lighting DVD product photography with Mike Fieldhouse
Professional studio lighting DVD lighting masterclass with Jon Gray
Charlie Waite's Travelling Light Photography Masterclass
Location Lighting with Drew Gardner
Introduction to Photography with Karl Taylor
Advanced Digital SLR Photography with Karl Taylor
Travel & Landscape Photography with Karl Taylor
Ansel Adams American Experience

All the Original DVDs will have a backup with them. Please use the Backup to watch and if damaged please create a new one to pass on with the original.

There are going to have to be some changes to the conditions for borrowing these DVDs now as they now run into considerably more than that offered as recompense if lost by the Royal Mail under their Recorded Delivery service. If anyone from the previous list (I have imported over) feels that the cost of sending by Royal Mail Special Delivery is too expensive then please let me know so that I can remove your name from the list. I realise that it could cost £9.05 to post but you will have to decide yourselves if you feel that the loan would be worth that to you.

The New Conditions for the borrowing of this collection of DVDs for a 14 day period are:

1) In order to qualify you must have been a member for a minimum of 3 months and have made 100 posts

2) The DVDs must be forwarded on to the next in line by Royal Mail Special Delivery and insured for £350.

3) You MUST post in the thread when you have received the DVDs and that YOU have PM'd the next in the list, your 14 days will start from then.

4) You must PM the next in line for their address on the day you receive the DVDs with the requirement for them to post in the thread saying we accept the terms before we're sent the DVDs - ie, the person with the DVDs PMs the next in line stating that they must go to the thread, read the T&Cs and post there to say they accept them before they are allowed the DVDs (that way the terms will be fresh in their mind before receiving the DVDs), this will allow them a reasonable amount of time to respond. If you have not had a response by the 10th day of your loan period, you may then contact the next in line, which again will give them a few days to respond.

5) After posting by Royal Mail Special Delivery to the next recipient please post that this has been done in the thread.

6) If you have a DVD that you no longer require and wish to add to the 'pot' it must be an Original in it's box but please stick in a backup in with it. Thus the backup can be used and the Original kept good for both Copyright issues and to enable future backups to be made and the Original's safe return to the owner if required.

List as of the 08th February 2012: (16 month wait between 1st and last)

stokes (next in line)
EOS JD
andiphoto
Kev R
peter r
Hippo_MC
captainjack
brianp55
DSLR
Bucketp
David Gethin
Dab
Greedier
Kerioak
johhnypanic
sony53
markrichardson
Keenbfb
mani
Braidy
Woblee
Davey Pitch
khitomer
Catdaddy
wegotitugetit
parkmoy
lartamax
Legacy
Alan_T
Harvey_nikon
Delta Skies
lmgculley
ESHTAL
doublemint76

Last edited:
missed them on Friday, aiming to pick up tomorrow morning. when i have done that i will pm Jim for info :)

Bloody hell, you'll be giving him a Sean if you make him wait any longer.

Bloody hell, you'll be giving him a Sean if you make him wait any longer.

a sean?

He wont have to wait 2 weeks to get them, i just dropped the wife at the airport tonight and she's gone for a week! You never know he might have them for the weekend! :)

a sean?

He wont have to wait 2 weeks to get them, i just dropped the wife at the airport tonight and she's gone for a week! You never know he might have them for the weekend! :)

Connery ;)

Back