New Tog At Work!!

Here's Jan's last shot. She's really taking advantage of my good nature now! :shrug:

OY8N6135-01.jpg

Sheesh!! :D

Thanks CT and Ian:)

I can see the point when you have a really big beast of a lens, because getting the pob over the centre axis is going to be bloody difficult, and looking at pics of gimbal heads, I can see the attraction.

I use my Gimbal head with the 100-400 and the 180 macro Doug. I hear you though mate money money money. :shrug:

lol oh my CT i think this could cause a domestic ;)

I think that's the best of the lot CT.

Thank gawd she didn't get a :love: LTT:love: !!

I have a feeling CT doesnt take any of the shots its all Jan and CT takes the credit when he PP's them.:LOL:

Those really are some mighty fine shots from Jan there Cedric ... :clap: ... you can't tell me she's not played with your equipment before m8 ... ;)

I guess you'll be spending even more money now getting herself all set up with duplicate gear then ... :eek:

Unless of course she really would rather have a nice new floor ... :shrug:

BTB ... not a word of this to Jill ... I can't afford any more gear ... :D

:p

The 393 is very good for the price.

We have a little review HERE that goes into a bit more detail.

Wooooo Hoooooo!

Way to go Jan (y)

I think CT will be snuggling in very close tonight, Jan.
He'll have that look in his eye, yeah you know the one ;)

and he'll be whispering sweetly in your ear

........ "Please Jan, I promise Ill let you use it again ... if you just tell me how you did it!!!" :LOL:

Super squirrel!top marks!(y)

Those really are some mighty fine shots from Jan there Cedric ... :clap: ... you can't tell me she's not played with your equipment before m8 ... ;)

PMSL. Truthfully, she doesn't have a clue. She has expressed an interest in the past, but as soon as I start to talk about f stops or apertures, you can see her eyes glazing over. :D

She wanted to have a go today so I set the camera and lens up on the tripod, set 800 ISO, AV Mode, centre AF point only, servo AF and that's it. The only thing I explained was the importance of getting the AF point over the subjects head/eye, and how to damp the lens with the left hand as explained in Moose Peterson's link above. She got a fair few crap shots before she got the hang of it. The gimbal head has to take a lot of the credit, but it's an enormous assistance to anyone's shots.

I wish she would take more interest - I have enough gear to share kit on days out anyway.

first two especially are belters (y)

PMSL. Truthfully, she doesn't have a clue. She has expressed an interest in the past, but as soon as I start to talk about f stops or apertures, you can see her eyes glazing over. :D

She wanted to have a go today so I set the camera and lens up on the tripod, set 800 ISO, AV Mode, centre AF point only, servo AF and that's it. The only thing I explained was the importance of getting the AF point over the subjects head/eye, and how to damp the lens with the left hand as explained in Moose Peterson's link above. She got a fair few crap shots before she got the hang of it. The gimbal head has to take a lot of the credit, but it's an enormous assistance to anyone's shots.

I wish she would take more interest - I have enough gear to share kit on days out anyway.

I think her great pics show how important basic technique and knowledge are to take great photographs :)

Thanks for all your help with the gimbal head. I've just bought one of the Manfrotto ones (MN393):woot: , but it'll be 2 weeks before it arrives...... and I'm going to Turkey Next week!:eek:

Good move Doug - I'm sure you'll find it hugely easier to work and your hit rate should go up quite a bit. (y)

Good move Doug - I'm sure you'll find it hugely easier to work and your hit rate should go up quite a bit. (y)

Have to agree with CT here Doug, My keepers are up by 50% since purchasing the correct equipment..:)

1D+500mm.jpg

Have to agree with CT here Doug, My keepers are up by 50% since purchasing the correct equipment..:)

1D+500mm.jpg

WoW!!:love:

Nice set up. I wish I had more than my pension to spend on kit like that.

Still, I count myself luck, I have a very good set up, better than a lot of people, so I shall just have to make do:D

Back