Night shot

Name
Quaker
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out for a wander tonight and took this, its probably the first night shot I have taken and decided to keep.

Not great but I thought I would share it to see what folk think I could do to improve. Didn't have my tripod with me but did have one of Dean's bean bags.

4050306245_0ce4a2dbdb_o.jpg

Not a bad shot, few things that I have noticed though,

Looks like it could do with a bit more saturation.

And don't know if it is my eyes or the shadows on the steeple, but it is giving me the impression it is leaning to the right, don't know if the camera was off level but that is something that stood out for me.

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to have a look and to add comment, I thought no-one had the slightest interest therefore it must be rubbish.

When you say saturation how do you mean?

The church is my home town church in Chesterfield, its commonly known as The Crooked Spire due to it leaning and being twisted. Maybe I should have tried to make it stand out more.

Having sat back and looked at it more there are a few things I have done like remove the parked truck bottom left and the road sign bottom right.

Thanks again cosmix3

Hi,

By saturation I mean too me the colour lacks a bit of punch, looking at it again not sure if it is down to saturation or if it is a combination of white balance and contrast, just feel that the colour needs to have a bit more punch to it.

As for lack of comments, it is probably due to the fact things move quite fast on the forum and things sometimes get missed, may be worth posting a link in the bump thread for some more C&C:

Link....

Agree with the comments so far, the colour needs a boost to add the punch. I like the composition, the lights (both car and street) lead you into the frame, then you get the steeple. Great attempt!! (y)

I like it.... I don't think it's leaning, I think it's just the light and shadow play on the steeple itself. I agree about a bit of a boost to the colour. (y)

I quite like it as well. The light trails make great lead-in lines. (y)

Just needs a bit of a crop IMHO. You could maybe lose some of the 'dead space' on the right and the truck and it would help no end I think.

Last edited:
Back