BUMP YOUR THREADS HERE - HELPERS ON HAND!!!

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS BUMPED THREADS HERE, INSTEAD REPLY TO THE BUMPED THREAD DIRECTLY.

IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS THE IDEAS BEHIND THIS THREAD, CLICK HERE

OK. This thread is as simple as it gets.

Two groups of people are to use it

Group 1:
Bumpers

Group 2:
Helpers

Simple. If you post a photo, and it gets less feedback than you would like, then without feeling ANY embarrassment and without feeling like a tool, post the link in here, with a few of your own thoughts, and the HELPERS are DUTY BOUND to comment constructively. Please ensure you give your photo enough time to ensure people actually have had a chance to reply. We suggest 24 hours! if you are REALLY impatient, I guess we won't bite :D

This will solve an inherent problem with all forum software, and that is "page bombing". You post a photo, you get a comment, and it suddenly bombs off off page 1, then 2 and before you know it, thread death. This is a FORUM problem and NOT people refusing to comment or help. It simply means the HELPERS cannot see all threads!

So. Post those links in here, and anyone who signs up as a helper, has to help the best they can.

The format to use for thread bumps:

----------------------------------------
THREAD LINK HERE
TYPE OF FEEDBACK REQUIRED & OWN THOUGHTS ON THE PHOTO
----------------------------------------

BE WARNED! Real, honest and brutal crit applies! [S2]PREPARE THYSELF[/S2] :D

I hope this works. I declare myself a HELPER!!!

[S1]Here to help, at your service, Yada Yada[/S1]

Gary.

Last edited:
Well, here goes!

I took this whilst messing around with my new lens. It only got one comment, so would be grateful of a few more. I think its not really worked as its a little boring. Had the image I was after but didn't manage to translate it very well.

Link below!
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=135248

Cheers to all!

I thought this post of mine might have got more comments, even just to say it was total pants... looking at it now, the thread title probably didn't help.

Great thread,well done...........(y)

:shrug:
It looks like I've been caught up in this plenty of views and no comments scenario. So here I go from 'helper' to 'bumper' any responses, comments of sympathy or critique welcome.

Can't have been the only one to witness this, surely?
Essex Sunset Monday 8th June

And secondly some light study shots.
Sunrise on Essex fens

Paul :wave:

I wouldn't mind some C&C and the photo's in this thread

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1614629#post1614629

People have already replied regarding the content of the photo's and what other shots to try for but I would appreciate some feedback on exposure, colour etc if possible.. I quite like them but one persons suggested they needed more "Punch" but as yet hasn't replied with any suggestions on how to achieve this... feel free to edit and repost if you think it will help

LINKY

I appreciate the replies I got but was hoping to get some comments with regards to the lighting, ie position of flashgun, whether the softbox was a good idea or not, and mainly what I could of done differently if I had taken it out of TTL mode and shot just manual.

Thanks

Hi folks, I'd really appreciate some comments and critique on this shot please.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=141571

It's very different processing from what I usually do and while I like it myself I'm interested in what everyone else thinks, it's had 50 odd veiws but only one reply which didn't actually comment on the pic, so fire away with what you think... good, bad or ugly ? (y)

Tommy.

Back