Nikon D750 & D780

Lovely shots Snerkler, I was considering the 24mm 1.8ged but this seems a good idea as i would be stopping down anyway and the other lengths would be nice variety plus its 6mm wider.do you agree? :)

Chris have you looked at the Sigma 24-35 F2.0 yet,I have one but haven't used it in anger yet. The reviews are very positive on the net.

Lovely shots Snerkler, I was considering the 24mm 1.8ged but this seems a good idea as i would be stopping down anyway and the other lengths would be nice variety plus its 6mm wider.do you agree? :)
Thanks. Up to the individual of course, but for me fast wide primes are for those that want to do astrophotography or interior architecture etc. For landscapes you'll be stopping down as you say.

I haven't tried it for a while but I believe the Lightroom HDR can combine the data from 3 raw files so it 'extends' the range of your sliders leaving you to be as subtle or crazy as you like. Much more control than letting HDR software combine 3 jpeg and deciding where to normalise the highlights and shadows.

Great shot BTW.

LR will combine as many shots as you select. I've done 9 before.

My DSTE grip with remote has arrived. Will try after reaching home.

Is anyone still using the DSTE grip? Any feedback after some use is appreciated.

Is anyone still using the DSTE grip? Any feedback after some use is appreciated.
Mine was faulty so sent it back. Looks good as the rubber is almost a perfect match to the D750. Dials and joystick are OK, not as good as the Pixel vertex though. They feel much crisper and more solid. Rubber's not a great match on the Vertex though. DTSE is smaller too, which is better imo.

Here's a few pics with the 24-120mm f4 from a Wedding I went to on Friday (as a guest). I'm no wedding tog obviously lol, but I thought the 24-120mm did pretty well considering the very very low light indoors.
(More on Flickr)

DSC_1776 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1947
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1903 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1855 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1746 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1712
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1664
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1658
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Last edited:

I'm using my Neewer grip - it's possible they're made in the same factory of course :) Grip is great and my only bugbear is the L bracket doesn't allow access to the ports or battery when attached to the grip. Kinda pointless for tethered shooting, but ok in other situations.

But at the price point, it's hard to complain too much.

Last edited:
I'm starting realise this thread covers more information than anything else related to a D750 - from world debt to shadow recovery (oh, forgot Screen Protectors). Must be very frustrating for those searching for a D750 sub-subject!

L O V E it! :love:

Here's a few pics with the 24-120mm f4 from a Wedding I went to on Friday (as a guest). I'm no wedding tog obviously lol, but I thought the 24-120mm did pretty well considering the very very low light indoors.
(More on Flickr)

DSC_1776 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1947
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1903 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1855 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1746 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1712
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1664
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1658
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Some absolutely cracking shots there - you (and your friends who were getting married) should be well chuffed with those :clap:

Some absolutely cracking shots there - you (and your friends who were getting married) should be well chuffed with those :clap:
Thanks very much :)

(More on Flickr)

DSC_1776 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1947
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1903 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1855 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1746 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1712
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1664
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1658
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Really impressed with these!!!

Mine works perfectly, like snerkler said the d-pad is a bit naff but I can live with that. Feels really good in the hand though. For the price I paid I'm happy with it.

I thought I was OCD, but my sis in law has gone that step further with her D750 purchase this weekend.

1. Go to park cameras and pick up D750
2. Get half way home and see some pretty scences
3. Sis in law gets out new D750 and goes to put lens on
4. Said D750 has slight rattle when its tilted back and forth
5. Travel back to shop
6. Try model on display - makes same noise
7. Go to staff memeber - who says its the orientation sensor
8. Do not believe staff member and get staff member to get another D750 from stock room - makes same noise
9. Leave with original D750
10. Get home - check mine - does same thing
11. Moan at OCD family member
12. Do not show face in Park Camers for long time

I thought I was OCD, but my sis in law has gone that step further with her D750 purchase this weekend.

5. Travel back to shop
8. Do not believe staff member and get staff member to get another D750 from stock room - makes same noise

Poor Park Cameras person.

5. Travel back to shop
:ROFLMAO:

5. Travel back to shop
:ROFLMAO:

After reading this thread for a long time, I just ordered a D750 and 85mm 1.8g lens today.

I'm going to have to pick up some new memory cards and there was talk a while back about people using Intergral cards?

What would be the best cards for speed/reliability for the D750. Someone mentioned they had problem with Sandisk ones?

Mine was faulty so sent it back. Looks good as the rubber is almost a perfect match to the D750. Dials and joystick are OK, not as good as the Pixel vertex though. They feel much crisper and more solid. Rubber's not a great match on the Vertex though. DTSE is smaller too, which is better imo.
Mine works perfectly, like snerkler said the d-pad is a bit naff but I can live with that. Feels really good in the hand though. For the price I paid I'm happy with it.

Thanks guys. I only bought it for occasional use when taking portraits and at £25, I guess expecting similar quality to original Nikon is pointless. One thing I am not sure is how it'd work with one top hook on camera body attached to the Op/Tech strap.

Stupid question - since the grip does not have other buttons (exp comp,ISO etc,) how do you guys shoot in portrait mode with the grip if you have to change settings on the fly? Never used a grip before hence asking.

Thanks guys. I only bought it for occasional use when taking portraits and at £25, I guess expecting similar quality to original Nikon is pointless. One thing I am not sure is how it'd work with one top hook on camera body attached to the Op/Tech strap.

Stupid question - since the grip does not have other buttons (exp comp,ISO etc,) how do you guys shoot in portrait mode with the grip if you have to change settings on the fly? Never used a grip before hence asking.
It's got front and back twiddly dials, so you can adjust your iso if you have it configured that way on the body - exposure comp, haven't come across a situation where I've had to use that yet - guess I'd just have to revert back to the normal buttons. Not ideal, but I don't know if that's any different to how the official grip works?

After reading this thread for a long time, I just ordered a D750 and 85mm 1.8g lens today.

I'm going to have to pick up some new memory cards and there was talk a while back about people using Intergral cards?

What would be the best cards for speed/reliability for the D750. Someone mentioned they had problem with Sandisk ones?
I've got a couple 64gb SanDisk Extreme ones in mine, and haven't had any issues.

You'll always find someone who has had an issue with every brand of card no doubt.

I haven't been using mine for long, but the ISO and exp comp buttons are the only real "missed" buttons. Whatever you use the preview button for you can also map to the Fn button if you want as that ends up being in nearly the same place as Preview when in portrait mode. But there's no replica for the top three buttons of Record, EC or metering mode. The latter doesn't affect me as my Preview button changes metering mode anyway. Of all of them, ISO is probably the most useful so maybe it makes more sense to map that to Preview/FN instead of to Movie record?

It's got front and back twiddly dials, so you can adjust your iso if you have it configured that way on the body - exposure comp, haven't come across a situation where I've had to use that yet - guess I'd just have to revert back to the normal buttons. Not ideal, but I don't know if that's any different to how the official grip works?
I haven't been using mine for long, but the ISO and exp comp buttons are the only real "missed" buttons. Whatever you use the preview button for you can also map to the Fn button if you want as that ends up being in nearly the same place as Preview when in portrait mode. But there's no replica for the top three buttons of Record, EC or metering mode. The latter doesn't affect me as my Preview button changes metering mode anyway. Of all of them, ISO is probably the most useful so maybe it makes more sense to map that to Preview/FN instead of to Movie record?

My question was more from a layman's point of view as I never used a grip before. Thanks for the suggestions.

Free sensor clean
Calumet Spring Open days are back. My D750 sensor is dirty and some of the spots are not going away with a blower. Time for a free sensor cleaning :). One advantage of Calumet open days is they offer a free sensor clean on the same day and you can donate a few quids for charity, much better than sending the camera to Nikon. They do a wet cleaning. Last time, I won a Manfrotto Tripod . This time, they have a Canon PowerShot G7 X to win just by registering.

Here are the cities and dates. I am going to Drummond street as it is close to work.

London Drummond Street
Friday 22 April 2016 10am-5pm
Saturday 23 April 2016 10am-4pm
Birmingham
Thursday 28 April 2016 10am-4pm
Bristol
Thursday 5 May 2016 10am-4pm
Glasgow
Wednesday 11 May 2016 10am-4pm
Edinburgh
Thursday 12 May 2016 10am-4pm
Belfast
Thursday 19 May 2016 10am-4pm
Manchester
Thursday 26 May 2016 10am-4pm

No problem with sands here either,using extreme pro 95mbs 32 gb and 16gb,
are you Dr Who in disguise,if so can you send your autograph for my daughter :)

I've got a couple 64gb SanDisk Extreme ones in mine, and haven't had any issues.

You'll always find someone who has had an issue with every brand of card no doubt.

Nice, just not too sure what to get and what I can justify to my other half price wise :confused:

No problem with sands here either,using extreme pro 95mbs 32 gb and 16gb,
are you Dr Who in disguise,if so can you send your autograph for my daughter :)

Never ever heard that before :D

Good to hear someone else say that the SanDisk ones have been ok.

Back