Nikon D750 & D780

Hmm 28mm needs some micro adjust I'd say - front focusing slightly, I'd expect it to be sharper than that.

Yes its front focussing, just tried some shots of our harrods bear from an angle and focussed on the eyes and the nose is more in focus.... and its a big nose lol.

Now - to I go + or - fro front focus?

Yes its front focussing, just tried some shots of our harrods bear from an angle and focussed on the eyes and the nose is more in focus.... and its a big nose lol.

From memory a positive value will move the focus point away from the camera, so if the lens is focusing in front then you need to move it away so +ve ...

This is from imaging source review and members comments

Ordered it because I really liked it was so light, and it should be a great companion for my Nikon D700, but I have to return it - I have never seen so much front focus, and perhaps there are also huge focus shift (as som tests describe), because the front focus dissapears when stopped down to about f. 5.6, but it can also be the deeper DOF which hide the front focus ?

Well my Tamron 15-30 went back to MPB today (can`t fault their service). So I`m now Gassing up yet again ...

Gaviscon aniseed flavour if you are bored with the normal flavour [emoji13][emoji13]

It took me ages to get the focus tuned in on my 135 DC.

Spent a bit of time checking focus on my new toys today (28mm 1.8 and 135mm f2 arrived) using the method on the Nikon website, fortunately they are all absolutely nailed on (and the 50 Art). Obligatory cat photo with the 135...

Charlie Cat by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

Do you have a link Chris?

This is from imaging source review and members comments

Ordered it because I really liked it was so light, and it should be a great companion for my Nikon D700, but I have to return it - I have never seen so much front focus, and perhaps there are also huge focus shift (as som tests describe), because the front focus dissapears when stopped down to about f. 5.6, but it can also be the deeper DOF which hide the front focus ?

Just done +5 +10 and +15 and still front focussing. Damn thing!

What is this f4 nonsense? I thought i knew you!

f2 defocus, normal rules don't apply ;) Plus, I wasn't even getting a whole eye in focus at f2 that close...

Wasn't expecting the 70-200mm to be quite so heavy... gonna have to join @JJ! down the gym for a few sessions....

Anyway, appears as though it's a thumbs up from Joseph...

Thumbs up! by Chuckoir, on Flickr
Dad, Is that thingy heavier than me? [emoji12]

My first trip to the Fane islands booked today, really looking forward to it. Its something I have been wanting to do for years now I live not far away I can do it .

My current 135mm f2 DC purchase quest has been put on the back burner, my car had new to pop into local garage this morning for both rear brake callipers/discs/brake pads etc...

p***ed off.

:(

Nice shot, one day I'll join the 70-200 club.
Thanks - I'd been dithering for absolutely ages (or at least it felt ages), so I'd been following one on eBay this past week and noticed they'd dropped the BiN price by £100, so I bit the bullet.

Looking forward to using it in anger, hopefully the weekend, although I need to find a bag big enough to hold it...

Can anyone recommend a bag (preferably messenger style) that can comfortably hold the 750 + 70-200mm, along with a couple other lenses? Does such a thing exist? I'm looking at bags, but I can't tell how big they are...

Thanks - I'd been dithering for absolutely ages (or at least it felt ages), so I'd been following one on eBay this past week and noticed they'd dropped the BiN price by £100, so I bit the bullet.

Looking forward to using it in anger, hopefully the weekend, although I need to find a bag big enough to hold it...

Can anyone recommend a bag (preferably messenger style) that can comfortably hold the 750 + 70-200mm, along with a couple other lenses? Does such a thing exist? I'm looking at bags, but I can't tell how big they are...

I won't be purchasing any time soon, all GASsed out for now.

I want to see lots of shots @200mm/2.8 :)

So been busy with focus charts this evening after the 28mm issue and it seems my camera is having a front focus issue in general. Anyone had this?

Wasn't expecting the 70-200mm to be quite so heavy... gonna have to join @JJ! down the gym for a few sessions....

Anyway, appears as though it's a thumbs up from Joseph...

Thumbs up! by Chuckoir, on Flickr
Nice shot. As I said to JJ use a heavier lens for a while and the 70-200mm then doesn't feel bad at all ;)

Back