Nikon D750 & D780

Very nice, are you going Red Arrows hunting on Friday & Sunday afternoon? think im goin up Beeley Mooor tomorrow 15.35 diaplay time, and maybe Baslow Edge Sunday afternoon 18.00 display time.
Thanks. I've been thinking about it. I can't go tomorrow as I'm working, and I was thinking of going to the Moto GP on Sunday but haven't decided yet. If I don't go I'll definitely be trying to shoot the Red Arrows on Sunday, weather permitting. I was told Beeley Moor was a great place as they come really low over there, is Baslow Edge better?

Thanks. I've been thinking about it. I can't go tomorrow as I'm working, and I was thinking of going to the Moto GP on Sunday but haven't decided yet. If I don't go I'll definitely be trying to shoot the Red Arrows on Sunday, weather permitting. I was told Beeley Moor was a great place as they come really low over there, is Baslow Edge better?

ive done Beeley the last couple of times they have been up there, ive never felt my legs shake (in fear,excitement) while a jet heads straight at me up a hill and you're above it , when the synchro pair break off, then turns around and comes back at you.

Never done Baslow, but if im going twice, i think i may fancy a change and have a bit of a walk along Curbar before, I will record the moto gp,haha.

ive done Beeley the last couple of times they have been up there, ive never felt my legs shake (in fear,excitement) while a jet heads straight at me up a hill and you're above it , when the synchro pair break off, then turns around and comes back at you.

Never done Baslow, but if im going twice, i think i may fancy a change and have a bit of a walk along Curbar before, I will record the moto gp,haha.
Beeley sounds good. Where's the best place to stand so that they are below you?

Beeley sounds good. Where's the best place to stand so that they are below you?

I stood here last few years, whether they will fly over your head now, after Shoreham or what type of display they do is anyones guess.

76767676767676767.jpg

Last edited:
I stood here last few years, whether they will fly over your head now, after Shoreham or what type of display they do is anyones guess.

76767676767676767.jpg
Thanks for this. Not sure why but the image doesn't show until I click quote, then it comes up in the quote box :confused:

cant think what the last one went for,

i just have to be a bit careful as i have too many expensive hobbies :(

I know that feeling, mate. Not that we`re at all trading, but I would want around two fifty inc

if you were to put it up tomorrow evening say that would be peachy ;)

Unfortunately I`m out tomorrow night, and it`s my daughters 16th birthday party on Saturday. Could do it now if you can wait for post etc. Then you get first dibs ;)

Loving it Nick and perfectly shows why you love the lens so much!

Really enjoying your shots too Snerkler!

Can someone explain how when I look at camerapricebuster, Calumet appears to show that they were selling D750's at just under £1100 at the end of March and now they're at £1700?[emoji848]

Can someone explain how when I look at camerapricebuster, Calumet appears to show that they were selling D750's at just under £1100 at the end of March and now they're at £1700?[emoji848]
Thanks. £1100 would have been either an offer, or a mistake. Prices have shot up recently as a result of the weakness of the pound against the Yen due to Brexit.

I think CPB put the calumet price down even I think it was a mistake (doubled cashback offer?) that calumet didn't honour.

Yer I hear you guys RE Brexit. I've lost a shed load lately cause of that and will continue to do so! [emoji37]

Thanks. It has definitely become my default lens.

Well I've bit the bullet. After reading a lot and mulling over prices, I've went with Panamoz and ordered the D750 with the Tammy 28-75mm. I know the lens isn't the newest and greatest, but I remember my copy for a number of years back and if you get a good one, it's right up there with the best of them and considering the price(you get £15 off per item, when ordering more than 1 product) at £258, it will tide me over very well till I decide on a special lens to replace it. Throw in Panamoz's 3 year warranty(transferable too) and I couldn't really say no.

Secondhand prices seem to range between £1000-1200 and I don't reckon that's great value with no warranty. Buy from a reputable company secondhand and your beyond £1200.

Also ordered a Sigma 105mm EX DG OS from eBay, as that'll be my workhorse.

Just need to order myself a couple spare batteries, but no rush for that.

Last edited:
Back