Nikon D750 & D780

Here's one from me taken this morning on The Great Ridge. There was a lot of rolling cloud so decided to go a little arty with this one.

The Lone Tree by -David Raynham-

Met a few other members up there too, who, unknowingly to me had organised a meet there. Will keep my eyes peeled for your images, @ShutterWork @posiview @Mardybum

Last edited:
Well I've bit the bullet. After reading a lot and mulling over prices, I've went with Panamoz and ordered the D750 with the Tammy 28-75mm. I know the lens isn't the newest and greatest, but I remember my copy for a number of years back and if you get a good one, it's right up there with the best of them and considering the price(you get £15 off per item, when ordering more than 1 product) at £258, it will tide me over very well till I decide on a special lens to replace it. Throw in Panamoz's 3 year warranty(transferable too) and I couldn't really say no.

Secondhand prices seem to range between £1000-1200 and I don't reckon that's great value with no warranty. Buy from a reputable company secondhand and your beyond £1200.

Also ordered a Sigma 105mm EX DG OS from eBay, as that'll be my workhorse.

Just need to order myself a couple spare batteries, but no rush for that.
Welcome. You won't regret it. You may regret thou this section of the forum. As if you have no will power like me you will be bullied into buying stuff haha :);)

Welcome aboard. Panamoz are a fab company to deal with.

As for batteries, just pick up a couple of Ex-Pro batteries. Super quality.

Many thanks. Looks like it!

More than likely it will be Ex-Pro batteries I go to, yes. I had them for my last three or so Canon's and never had a problem. Great batteries.

Welcome. You won't regret it. You may regret thou this section of the forum. As if you have no will power like me you will be bullied into buying stuff haha :);)
LOL! Will power may be low, but the bank balance is too, so no will power required. ;) :D

Good to meet David @minnnt today, always good to see a TP member on the flesh :)

I've had my D750 for around a year now and am very happy with it. I use the tilt screen quite often, the high ISO is super, auto focus is very fast and much faster than my previous D300s. All in all, very happy with it.

One from me.

Cheers.

Mam Tor by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Some cracking pics posted last few days. Had a lovely week in Devon exploring, took a couple of zooms with me for a real change. Was interested to see how the 24-70 cut it and happy to report all good. Anyway pleased with these two shots, taken with the tammy 70-200. Just so happened to look out the back of the caravan to witness a cracking sunset so kudos to the missus for getting these.

29431834565_16c5240e2b_b.jpg

28807913184_c188a3845f_b.jpg

Some cracking pics posted last few days. Had a lovely week in Devon exploring, took a couple of zooms with me for a real change. Was interested to see how the 24-70 cut it and happy to report all good. Anyway pleased with these two shots, taken with the tammy 70-200. Just so happened to look out the back of the caravan to witness a cracking sunset so kudos to the missus for getting these.

29431834565_16c5240e2b_b.jpg

28807913184_c188a3845f_b.jpg

Bang on the money mate, they're destined for a wall somewhere!

Bang on the money mate, they're destined for a wall somewhere!

Thanks Tim. What's funny is that I dashed out to get a pic of the missus, did that and went back in. 5 mins later I clocked the light was better still so said I fancied a pic of the two of us

Does anyone use the 24mm 1.8? Opinions?

Also what's the best bang for buck in the telephoto* range?

Tamron 70-200?

* Yes I know what telephoto really means ;)

Tamron 70-200?

Definitely the Tammy. Very happy with mine, I've had the Canons and optically can't see any difference. Sure, the marque models are built better but the Tammy is as sharp and renders as well, if not better IMO.

Tamron 70-200?

The Tamron is best value for sure, but you'd kill less people with it than the Niks.

As for the 24, i don't think anyone here has it. A few of us have the Sigma 24mm F1.4 ART and rate it very highly. According to DXO the Nikon 24mm F1.8g is a little bit sharper. It also weighs less but is usually a few quid more. The Sigma lets you alter the focus settings via the dock and can be used to chock a car on a hill.

Another one from yesterday, the Siggy 50 is totally awesome. So optically brilliant.

The Vale of Edale
by David Raynham, on Flickr

I love how you're using it for landscape, looks great does this. But please stop saying how great the lens is, I keep thinking that I want a 58 but it isn't that great optically from the images Ive seen but this does look impressive. I'd have to break my siggy vow though..

I love how you're using it for landscape, looks great does this. But please stop saying how great the lens is, I keep thinking that I want a 58 but it isn't that great optically from the images Ive seen but this does look impressive. I'd have to break my siggy vow though..

Sorry Kris. I too would love to have a go with the 58. I think it has an edge with the 'overall' look for a portrait, but it's just not as sharp where you want it to be. With regards to landscape, the Sigma is probably a better choice. Breaking your vow isn't really a valid excuse as you have slummed it with Tamron before. :LOL: Just budget in a dock if you go with the Siggy as it is worth its weight in gold.

Great shot David, been off here for a while, out of interest, was that using the 50mm ART?

Many thanks Daryl. Yes, it's the ART, as is the 24. In fact, they're the only two lenses i own. I need a longer lightweight lens for landscape.

The pics from the wedding are lovely, very nice takes! And the cats are mega cute too. Almost makes me want one.

Almost.

Sorry Kris. I too would love to have a go with the 58. I think it has an edge with the 'overall' look for a portrait, but it's just not as sharp where you want it to be. With regards to landscape, the Sigma is probably a better choice. Breaking your vow isn't really a valid excuse as you have slummed it with Tamron before. :LOL: Just budget in a dock if you go with the Siggy as it is worth its weight in gold.

Many thanks Daryl. Yes, it's the ART, as is the 24. In fact, they're the only two lenses i own. I need a longer lightweight lens for landscape.

The pics from the wedding are lovely, very nice takes! And the cats are mega cute too. Almost makes me want one.

Almost.

Def the siggy for landscape but I think for people the nik is the choice. I'll see how it goes later in the year, I have enough kit really for what I do, it's just a little GAS.

Almost.

Wow you have had a change up in kit since I was last on, so you ditched the 70-200...

I love my 35 ART, it is quite weighty and I am sure the 50 is even heavier. How do you find the 24mm?

Another one from yesterday, the Siggy 50 is totally awesome. So optically brilliant.

The Vale of Edale
by David Raynham, on Flickr
Really like that, light's great. Can't see the full EXIF on the phone, was this an early morning shot? I'm definitely going out this year to get some sunrise/early morning pics, just waiting for sunrise to get a bit later first ;)

Wow you have had a change up in kit since I was last on, so you ditched the 70-200...

I love my 35 ART, it is quite weighty and I am sure the 50 is even heavier. How do you find the 24mm?

Absolutely love it. It's a great lens. I think the 24 and 35 are quite similar in size and weight. The 50 is a big lump and quite big with the hood on.

Sold the 70-200 to Martin as i wasn't using it to its full potential.

I'm definitely going out this year to get some sunrise/early morning pics, just waiting for sunrise to get a bit later first ;)

:rolleyes:

7.02am. The forecast was for clear skies so i left home at 2am in hope of shooting a star trail. As soon as i got on the M1 the cloud cover rolled in. I ended up sitting in the car for a couple of hours before heading up to the top. :LOL:

I was surprised to see how much the 58's are going for on the likes of eBay etc. Makes the Sigma seem like stupid value!

There was a secondhand one at the photo show for £650, thought a good buy at the time. It's probably one of those niche, cult classics that will gain a bit of value in time. Seem to be talking myself into it ha.

Absolutely love it. It's a great lens. I think the 24 and 35 are quite similar in size and weight. The 50 is a big lump and quite big with the hood on.

Sold the 70-200 to Martin as i wasn't using it to its full potential.

That 50 is a chunk, however the performance is worth it. I simplified my kit to two primes and I love it, 35 ART and 85 1.4d, just waiting like everyone else for the 85 ART.

Back