Nikon D750 & D780

Mines not coming till Monday, but i got another £10 off for the delay lol. So far I've gotten it for £1203 ;-)

Mine has just arrived at my desk. Battery on charge so I can have a play with it this evening.

Hong Kong to Manchester in 3 days. Would be very interested to hear how many of these Panamoz have shifted to the UK since launch.

Here's the little fella next to the big chap, and my initial impressions are that the big chap just might be moving to pastures new, to be replaced by another little fella. The thin body and deep grip = extremely comfortable in the hand.

p155121313-3.jpg

Super jealous guys :-(

Me too! Ordered/paid Tuesday, tracking number Wednesday, no UPS update so far :-(

Send them an email and see what happens. I'm happy with my result.

Hong Kong to Manchester in 3 days. Would be very interested to hear how many of these Panamoz have shifted to the UK since launch.

Here's the little fella next to the big chap, and my initial impressions are that the big chap just might be moving to pastures new, to be replaced by another little fella. The thin body and deep grip = extremely comfortable in the hand.

p155121313-3.jpg

They looks tiny!!

This camera looks so tempting, still got my D700 at the mo, panamoz is a great price, I would like to see some portrait or wedding shots, anybody put any up?
Just another quick question, has anybody ever had to return anything faulty to panamoz, if so was it an easy process and are they good to deal with?

Just another quick question, has anybody ever had to return anything faulty to panamoz, if so was it an easy process and are they good to deal with?

Yep, recently bought a D810 and had an issue after several weeks using it with one Nikon lens with a TC-14 II (no A/F) ... Nikon said it shouldn't be a problem but it wouldn't work. Panamoz took it back and said they thought it was a lens compatibility issue rather than a faulty camera so didn't want to replace it but they took it back at their expense and gave me a full refund within 24 hours of receiving it back.

Last edited:
Looks like great customer service then, that's good, I feel a 750 coming on. Thanks Amanda & Gramps for your quick responses.

Got five minutes to spare ?

Don't forget to password protect your D750 WIFI to your iPhone / Android Nikon remote app. Whilst the manual does explain how to connect it's not all that clear. Here's how I set mine up on IPhone - Android is pretty much the same.

1. Setup menu > WIFi > Network connection from off to 'enable'

2. On your iPhone 'Settings' menu 'WIFI' make sure this option is turned on (it probably is already)

3. WIFI setting will 'find' WIFI signal from your D750. You know you will have it when you see 'Nikon_ etc' on your iPhone. Tap to select.

4. Open the Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility App.

5. Top right hand corner 'Settings' > tap on this to open.

6. Change settings to WPA2-PSK-AES.

7. Go back to menu and select 'Password of your choice'

8. Exit and hit 'OK' - that's it job done and your up and running.

9. Come right out of iPhone WIFI settings, go back in and enter your password again.

If your lens cap is off, you should now be able to see on your iPhone whatever image your lens is pointing to.

In addition you can view pictures held on your SD card and also save these to your iPhone / Android.

It's not a bad little app and I can see the potential for photographing wildlife or perhaps some candid street photography. With the camera hanging from a strap from your neck or resting on a table. Nobody will pay you any attention as you look at your iPhone, view the subject and then press the shutter button on your phone to take the exposure. Hope this helps.

Not sure on the file formats of the video. Are you trying to edit it or just watch it? If just watching the QuickTime or VLC player should be able to play them.

Lightroom usually imports and displays Nikon videos (not used it with a D750 though) - in Library where you can do some limiting editing - or go to Slideshow to put clips together and add a soundtrack.

On a Mac use iMovie to download the video or even iPhoto. Should work fine.

I took my D750 out for a play today including a bit of video of my kids messing around in the park. Impressive quality and I really have no clue about shooting video!

I spent quite a few hours just reading the instruction manual and I'm not even half way through yet.
Found there's a cool(ish) time lapse video thingy in the effects mode.
I really should have read the instructions for my previous cameras, I only know 10% of what they do!

Last edited:
I spent quite a few hours just reading the instruction manual and I'm not even half way through yet.
Found there's a cool(ish) time lapse video thingy in the effects mode.
I really should have read the instructions for my pervious cameras, I only know 10% of what they do!

Sometimes I end up only using about 10% of what they do :eek: :)

Mine arrived yesterday, been having a wee play with it today. It's really good, a fair improvement in IQ from my D300 anyway (as you would expect with any FF sensor). I wasn't sure about the handling at first, it felt a bit toy-like coming from a bigger body but within a few hours this was all forgotten about and I was very comfortable with it.

I set it up for back button focus to see how different the button position is using the AE-L. It's a tiny bit further away than on the D300 but still comfortable and easy to use. Here is a comparison shot to show my thumb position for BBF using 'pro' bodied D300 with AF-ON button and the new D750 using the AE-L button.

0a41be0e9bde7142da706664f38d081e.jpg

4d95b944f6f66e73621a2843f5f86cf6.jpg

I was out using my sigma 10-20 DX lens today is I don't have a FF wide angle yet, as expected it does vignette heavily across the zoom range once stopped down even in 1.2 crop mode, so looks like ill be doing more shopping for a FF wide angle soon to get the benefit of the whole sensor. Does anyone have experience on the Nikon 16-35 f4? Looks like the one to get if you need filters.

Jarod Polin posted his review. Very pleased with it.

Nikon D750 Real World Review:

Shot two more weddings with the d750 and I continue to be impressed. We're ordering another this week.

10575445_10152406797441821_3027568586123758244_o.jpg

Further down are better examples I think. The first few were raw but I think the posters software added some processing.

Back