Nikon D750 & D780

It's no D4/D4s tbf.

Construction, Buffer and speed is nowhere near the D4 in practice. Also, 16mp is a great resolution (and not 50% less than 24mp). If cost isn't an issue, the D4s is Nikon's best camera.

When I logged into TP this morning I saw this advert for the D750 from Jessops, though I can;t find that trade in thing anywhere. Ah found it, they'll give me a whopping £194.42 for my D7100.

Bjessfs.png

Last edited:
haha maybe they will give me £1250 for all my glass and body ..as they will only give £625 for my d800 and even only £822 for a D4.

I don't know why anyone would buy anything from them.. I for sure will never enter there store again after my last dealing with them.

I understand people wanting to help uk retailer's but when you can get a third of from HK why would you,especially the likes of these.

Reactions: ST4
£822 for a D4, £625 for a D800. I know they have margins etc and overheads etc, but thats very very low. Low finance rates is what will keep those places going I reckon. I'll give you £825 for your D4 and £630 for your D800 even though I already have one...LOL

I'm not usually one for spending large on grey imports, but I might just go with Panamoz or DigitalRev for my D750. Used DR before.

haha maybe they will give me £1250 for all my glass and body ..as they will only give £625 for my d800 and even only £822 for a D4.

I don't know why anyone would buy anything from them.. I for sure will never enter there store again after my last dealing with them.

I understand people wanting to help uk retailer's but when you can get a third of from HK why would you,especially the likes of these.

Thats the problem, some of these UK retailers don't want to help themselves. There's some poor service out there, which I didn't recieve when I made a recent purchase from HK.

Im not keen on the shutter sound, sounds like the D7000 and like its loose and sloppy in action.

Infact that's one of the reason I sold my d700 as I couldn't stand the clunky shutter noise, I much prefer the d7000 smooth action shutter which is why I replaced (the d700) with the d610. The D4 is nice and crunchy !

The shutter on mine is a little louder than my D810 which is very quiet, it's certainly not any louder ( or sloppier) than any other Nikon SLR / DSLR that I've owned or used over the last 35 years I would suggest.

it's got a new next generation sensor to the D4s / D810
Not really.
As far as any information I can find it is "essentially" just a D610 sensor. But they have made the pixels *slightly* larger so the D750 is 24.16MP vs the D610's 24.49MP.
TBH, I don't really think the pixels are "larger" than the D610 as that reference comes from Nikon comparing it to a D800. The difference in "measured MP's" (the DXO numbers) is more likely due to a slight change in the unused border areas ("unused" for light collection).

They may have done something with the amplification circuitry as well that would be more significant.

They definitely did stuff to the digital amplification and processing (expeed), but I'm uncertain as to how much that helps w/ raw files. IMO, the expeed4 is the only thing "next gen" about the camera.

I'm still quite certain it is an excellent camera...

You're all bad people, making me want the D750 more :(

I really shouldn't, but I'm sending out a few emails to see what I can get for my D7100, 18-200mm VRII, 35mm 1.8 DX and Sigma 70mm 2.8 Macro.

Not really.
As far as any information I can find it is "essentially" just a D610 sensor. But they have made the pixels *slightly* larger so the D750 is 24.16MP vs the D610's 24.49MP.
TBH, I don't really think the pixels are "larger" than the D610 as that reference comes from Nikon comparing it to a D800. The difference in "measured MP's" (the DXO numbers) is more likely due to a slight change in the unused border areas ("unused" for light collection).

They may have done something with the amplification circuitry as well that would be more significant.

They definitely did stuff to the digital amplification and processing (expeed), but I'm uncertain as to how much that helps w/ raw files. IMO, the expeed4 is the only thing "next gen" about the camera.

I'm still quite certain it is an excellent camera...

The new Expeed processor and sensor in the D750 is derived from the advancements from the D4s /D810. In that respect its a development or enhancement of the Expeed 4 processor. You could call it a Mark 2 if you like but not much point in getting hung up on Semantics. I posted the full name of it on here previously. When I get back to the UK tomorrow, I'll try and dig a bit more information out about.

Last edited:
Funds have been requisitioned, hopefully I'll order on Monday :D

Back from a 14 hour wedding shoot with a combo of the d750 and a d4. Nearly filled a 64gb card. I used to always say that for its price, nikon has never made a better dslr than the d700. For me, the d750 is now even better. Such an incredible bit of kit for under £1300... But even at £1799 its great value.

The D750 sensor Multi-Cam 3500-FX II AF (Mark II version) has been developed from the Nikon D4s Nikon’s Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX sensor. Shooting into the sun has never been easy for photographers but I'm very impressed in the way it's handling difficult shooting situations which such clarity and range.

Bodrum Harbour, Turkey. Nikon D750. 35mm. ISO 100, f/16 @ 1/250

Last edited:
Much vignetting?

Camera ordered! Paid for and confirmation received, just waiting for tracking info. All done inside an hour.

London Camera Exchange offered £800 for those other bits so just waiting to see what the others might say.

Camera ordered! Paid for and confirmation received, just waiting for tracking info. All done inside an hour.

London Camera Exchange offered £800 for those other bits so just waiting to see what the others might say.

Who did you use in the end Darren? Panamoz looks pretty good to me, I need to sell my Canon stuff first but I might just go with the body and 3 lenses from them too.

Who did you use in the end Darren? Panamoz looks pretty good to me, I need to sell my Canon stuff first but I might just go with the body and 3 lenses from them too.

Yep Panamoz with a bank transfer.

I looked at a 50mm 1.4 from them and it was actually cheaper at WEX, so don't just buy without checking!

Panamoz service and price is hard to fault. They dont deliver to NI but let me ship to my sister in london and gave me a £20 discount to pay for posting on from there. Resale value will be lower, but will it be that low as to offset the £500 saving?

I don't think so, by the time it comes to sell there is no warranty anyway so it does matter where it came from.

Got my tracking number! Less than 24 hours after placing the order to pay with BACS.

It used to be that nikon did worldwide warranties on the body but not the lenses. Not sure if thats still true though, my D800 refuses to fall to bits to make me buy another one :)

It used to be that nikon did worldwide warranties on the body but not the lenses. Not sure if thats still true though, my D800 refuses to fall to bits to make me buy another one :)
I always thought it was the other way around - lenses had worldwide warranties, but bodies were regional?

Just ordered a D750 from Panamoz myself - can't wait!

I've just ordered one myself, was going to get a D810 but I don't really need 36Mp so thought I'd try the D750. First time I've used Panamoz but thought I'd try them, got a shipping notification but it's not showing the parcel as collected yet 48 hours later. Was hoping it'd be here for the weekend as my wife wants a photo of her Orchestra so it'd be a good real world low light test without the pressure of having to get a perfect shot on a new camera.

I've just ordered one myself, was going to get a D810 but I don't really need 36Mp so thought I'd try the D750. First time I've used Panamoz but thought I'd try them, got a shipping notification but it's not showing the parcel as collected yet 48 hours later. Was hoping it'd be here for the weekend as my wife wants a photo of her Orchestra so it'd be a good real world low light test without the pressure of having to get a perfect shot on a new camera.

It can take up to 48hrs for the UPS tracking to register, you should see something later on today I would suggest.

It can take up to 48hrs for the UPS tracking to register, you should see something later on today I would suggest.

Yup Nick, panamoz informed me of that when emailing with the number. Mine took 4 days to get delivered - a day ahead of UPS original estimate.

I bought one from Clifton Camera's on Monday as I needed it for this weekend (my sons birthday). Only place in the UK that have grips that I could finds are Grays who have plenty. Nikon saying they aren't expecting any grips for six weeks.

Back