Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm using this challenge to make sure i do 3 things:

1. Take my camera out with me more often
  2. Learn to use my flash
  3. Broaden my photography portfolio

EDIT:
I just thought i would add some of the guidelines i am giving my self during this task.
1) I will take the photo during Mon-Fri as an incentive to take my camera with me. I will normally post on a friday night.
2) Every other photo will need to use the flash.
3) I will not photo the same subject twice, but the location will be 80% Central London.

I would be chuffed to hear your constructive crit for each of my photos posted. I will neither be offended or defensive (promise!) :)

WEEK 1 ACCOMODATION
WEEK 2 NEW
WEEK 3 STYLE

Last edited:
Good luck with the challenge, Tony - I look forward to seeing your results! :)

Week 1 Accomodation.
2011-52-1.jpg

Fire away...

Week 1 Accomodation.
2011-52-1.jpg

Fire away...

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I love it, especially in the current economic climate! Although I would have tightened the reigns a bit, probs to the gap in the bike stands.

Great take on the them!

Look forward to your next pics.

D :)

I wanted to shoot it from the other end of the rack, but the downpours about 15 seconds after this shot ruled it out. It really annoyed me tbh.
+ you're right about the break in the rack, now you've mentioned it - its all i can see!

I agree, great take on the topic.

I wonder what it would have looked like with a bit more on the right?

The more I look the more it appeals to me...

Cheers.

Nice take on the theme. I like how blue is predominant colour too

I agree, great take on the topic.

I wonder what it would have looked like with a bit more on the right?

The more I look the more it appeals to me...

Cheers.

Sadly the pay station is the next object on the right. May have been a similar distraction to the gap in the docks.

Nice take on the theme. I like how blue is predominant colour too

Its a good point, on a clear day it would be great to get even lower in the shot and have some blue sky.

...thanks for the comments folks.

Week 2 NEW

2011-52-2.jpg

nice take on the theme... the out of focus mug in the background is just enough to make the nescafe jug an excellent picture. really love that there is no clutter on the table.

Week 2 NEW

2011-52-2.jpg

Hiya Tony,

I like your thought process on this theme. I love the smell of a freshly opened jar of coffee :)

Nice DOF, but I would have probably opted to leave the spoon out, as it is a bit too blury and looks more like a matchstick upside down.

There also seems to be a dark spot near the cup handle, not sure if it is a mark on the counter top or a large dust-bunny on your sensor.

The only other little nit-pick is the reflection on the jar is a bit distracting.

Otherwise a great idea and good photo.

Well done.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Lol, i can't believe how much the spoon looks like a match. The mark is knot in the pine table top.

The reflection is annoying because when I first planned the shot I wanted it completely lit by flash. So leaving the curtains open for this was a boo boo on my part.

Good use of dof (y) like the idea round the theme :) nice one (y)

I love the idea, just makes me want to go and make a cuppa, didn't notice how the spoon looked like a match till others said but have to say for me I don't think it detracts at all, just adds to the story

Hi Tony, just a little too much DOF for me, if the back of the jar was a little more sharp then I would have preferred it. I do like the concept on the theme though.

Ian

I really like the DOF, but agree that the tea spoon is a little distracting.

I also totally love pushing my finger through the foil of a fresh jar of coffee :wacky:

I also totally love pushing my finger through the foil of a fresh jar of coffee :wacky:

Not to mention that first snort of the fresh aroma of coffee :D Great minds think alike ........:wacky:

When I saw this image, that is exactly what I wanted to do!

:LOL:

D :)

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys and gals, it's really appreciated.

The compliments, comments and crit.

So far for both weeks I have decided the shot I wanted when the theme came out and then gone about capturing it, nothing has been off-the-cuff so to speak. I think it is a weakness to be improved, because I have "overlooked" something each time.

Either better planning or more flexibility is required.

Tony.

tony....all i can see in week 1 IS the break but only afte ri read down the thread... BUT i still love it. you got three bikes together, not sporadic which i think could have spoilt it.

week 2... i'm not a coffee lover, i buy tea from strabucks infrequently as its over priced, but aside from the comments to improve, i like the sharp roundness of the jar to the blurred roundness of the mug.

i guess, take your time if you can, blur your own eye sight and see how things may be effected? i spotted reflections in my week 2 that i curse, so i blurred the body work.. if i had changed locations i would have..

good work for the first 2 weeks..

WEEK 3 - STYLE (Officially the week i hate :-(, I just couldn't make up my mind what i wanted to do)

2011-52-3.jpg

Hi Tony

That is quite a stylish decanter and I like the background (what did you use for the bg?) it has a starry look.

Perhaps it would have been better to stand the decanter up, rather than lie it down. What lighting did you use as there appears to be a lot of light reflecting and I think trying different angles you would have been able to pick up some of the lovely colours in the cut glass.

A great take on the theme and look forward to what you produce for week 4.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Actually the vase wasn't laying down, i took the photo of the vase on a support, then PS'ed the support out, added a layer of the base being photoed while suspended and added it to a totally web-fetched background. :thinking: :shake:

I can't stand the picture, its nothing close to what i wanted to do. It may well be replaced with the photo that I wanted to capture this week in a double bubble sort of entry.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Thanks for the comments and vote of confidence. I would have liked a better distinction between the background and foreground to prevent it looking so flat.

Still a good shot though ...nice idea !! well done here is to week 4 these themes sound easy but they certainly get you thinking :|

Back