South-West England North Devon Holiday - Landscape

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi

I'm off for a week to Woolacombe early July and was wondering if there were decent places to take the camera. Looking to do some landscape and pretty fishing vilages etc. Anything scenic really.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Thanks

Woolacombe beach is nice for sunsets, I went up in the dunes and got a few, Rockham beach also nice. Cloverly and Westward Hoe are places I want to visit when I go back in August.

I am sure that there are some places on the Exmoor as well, which isn't too far away

Brilliant!! Thanks very much.

Any more?

The whole area is great and has many good spots.

Some favourites include:
Hartland
Welcombe Mouth
Buck's Mills
Black Church Rock (park up at Brownsham car park and walk 30 mins)

Basically, if you can get to the coast at any point along that North Devon stretch you're in for a treat.

Woolacombe beach is nice for sunsets, I went up in the dunes and got a few, Rockham beach also nice. Cloverly and Westward Hoe are places I want to visit when I go back in August.

I am sure that there are some places on the Exmoor as well, which isn't too far away

If using satnav, make sure you look for Clovelly and Westward Ho! (the ! is part of the place name) ;).

The whole area is great and has many good spots.

Some favourites include:
Hartland
Welcombe Mouth
Buck's Mills
Black Church Rock (park up at Brownsham car park and walk 30 mins)

Basically, if you can get to the coast at any point along that North Devon stretch you're in for a treat.

Lynton and Lynmouth are pretty little villages/towns linked by a funicular railway. Valley of the Rocks is well worth a visit. Tarr Steps is also worth a trip inland.

Brilliant stuff, Many thanks!! Hope the weather is good!!

If using satnav, make sure you look for Clovelly and Westward Ho! (the ! is part of the place name) ;).

Lynton and Lynmouth are pretty little villages/towns linked by a funicular railway. Valley of the Rocks is well worth a visit. Tarr Steps is also worth a trip inland.

Yep, would echo the Valley of the Rocks and Lynton/Lynmouth. Valley of the Rocks is especially striking, and they have a load of wild goats that frolic all over the place.

Back