OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Just won a zenit ttl on ebay, nothing special but it was £13 :D

Just a ae-1 and an eos 30 to get now.:LOL:

Nice wants list... EOS-30's seem to be going for around £40 on Fleabay for a body in decent nick, which is peanuts really, providing you've got the EF glass to go with it.

First new serious toy (photographic anyway) for ages, I've just bought a Canon F1N. I can't tell you how long I've had a serious lust for one of these! :naughty:

Excellent! Did he have any excuses as to why it hadn't been used ?

I bought an F80 18 months ago that had had 1 film through it from new. It did come from a pro and was only ever bought as backup hence not going out. Seems such a shame to spend so much on a camera and not use it. My ultimate goal on 35mm is to pick up an F6..... There is an ebay auction for an as new F6, F3FM, F5 and 50mm f1.4 all boxed for £2K....... luckily I don't have the cash or they would be sat here now :)

got my new toys this week......

nikon d3x

velbon sherpa Carbon fibre tripod legs

manfrotto 468mgrc5 hydrostatic ball head

2 32gb transcend cf cards

yyyaaaaaaayyyyy:love:

got my new toys this week......

nikon d3x

velbon sherpa Carbon fibre tripod legs

manfrotto 468mgrc5 hydrostatic ball head

2 32gb transcend cf cards

yyyaaaaaaayyyyy:love:

Very Nice - but where do you put the film in?

Hey - I'm not knocking it - if I'd bought kit like that, I'd want to shout about it too... and thats coming from a Canon user ! It's a lovely camera, and a not inconsiderable expenditure, and I hope you'll be very happy using it Scott :)

Now get out there and buy a F5 and a box of Velvia to go with it :LOL:

Well it's from a dealer so he's not the original owner, heaven knows who that was, or whether he decided to sell or he's died and it's from the estate. I just don't understand the buy for investment mentality at all - I do like nice kit, but not using kit of this quality is a tragic waste. This is from the U.S. but the buy for investment culture is far more widespread in the far east where kit of this quality usually comes from - at a price!
I bought an F80 18 months ago that had had 1 film through it from new. It did come from a pro and was only ever bought as backup hence not going out. Seems such a shame to spend so much on a camera and not use it. My ultimate goal on 35mm is to pick up an F6..... There is an ebay auction for an as new F6, F3FM, F5 and 50mm f1.4 all boxed for £2K....... luckily I don't have the cash or they would be sat here now :)
I can't give you an argument on the F6, although a minty F5 would be nice. If I were still a Nikon guy though I think I'd be sorely tempted by a minter F3, and they are about. :love:

Last edited:

yeah ! that one is a stellar combo ! for a very nice price

..... There is an ebay auction for an as new F6, F3FM, F5 and 50mm f1.4 all boxed for £2K....... luckily I don't have the cash or they would be sat here now :)

Just looked at the details of that - wow!! He's open to offers too, although he's already declined three.

well, most of the offers are from sellers looking for cheap stuff, so I think he would accept 1900 or something similiar. when I put my dslr for sale I had silly offers as well.

Just looked at the details of that - wow!! He's open to offers too, although he's already declined three.

If this had been after Christmas I would have been tempted seriously tempted! I wont both an F5 and F6....

Thing is £1900/2000 is actually a good price. F6 in pretty much new condition are £1300, normal condition F5 are about 250 and up to £350 in the best condition so we are at £1650 already without the F3 and the f1.4 I am surprised that he didn't list them separately though.

If this had been after Christmas I would have been tempted seriously tempted! I wont both an F5 and F6....

Greedy :LOL:

Though I'd quite like a EOS-1V and a pair of PB-E2's to go with my EOS-3, so I'm no better really. I'm not going to though - I need to put my money into glass for a while, I can't go on borrowing lenses forever.

Greedy :LOL:

Though I'd quite like a EOS-1V and a pair of PB-E2's to go with my EOS-3, so I'm no better really. I'm not going to though - I need to put my money into glass for a while, I can't go on borrowing lenses forever.

I just like the idea of a memory card on the film camera to record EXIF data which you can then attach to the scanned images. It would help my film photography to have a record of all the settings because I would never remember them otherwise.

My quest for compact has come to an end.
I picked up the TVS II that I won yesterday. Its in lovely condition.
And I won a TVS III today.

(And now, since the lens on these are really slow, I am on the prowl for a T2 or a minilux)

Life is good. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hah ! I was bidding on that III as well, but only put about 45 max so no chance, but if I did win it I would be over the moon .

congrats mate !

you can now see how patience paid you off verrry well ! :)

What a wally:- This guy is selling another Canon 50mm f1.8 separately and reaching £12.50 so far....but the wally advertises a faulty T90 with fd 50mm f1.8 and only gets £12............................
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250701010856&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Well I thought this combo wouldn't go for just the price of a lens and lost interest...big mistake as the camera can give enjoyment trying to correct the fault or to take apart.

Last edited:
bloody hell, I've reached limits and can't buy anything off the ebay until the code arrives !

the saddest part is that this happened when I finally decided to get something for my g/f , for no special occasion ! :LOL:

I picked up my Weston Master V for £12 (bargain!) and my brace of Mamiya's at around £80 each. The Universal Self Timer a tenner. I love the feel of this kit: solid, mechanical, engineered :)
2q9xtl1.jpg

Of course, I had to shoot them on digital otherwise I'd be waiting 2 weeks for the prints ;-)

I finally got round to taking a picture of my Voigtlander Bessa R2a with my Summicron 50mm f2. That should be 35mm Summicron DOH!

Got far too many Summicrons ;)

5047892868_e90770fd03_b.jpg

Last edited:
congrats ! ebay ?

I meant the mamiyas

Both from ebay, as was the Weston. The self-timer from my local camera shop oddments.
The C33 is immaculate. The C330, although I found it on ebay, was from a Pro a few miles away, who I vaguely knew about 25yrs ago! Been well used (some paint worn away) but well looked after. Picked it up and spent an hour chatting to his wife, who also does his printing. Set the photographic world to right, we did :)

I think someone's clock is set wrongly. :D

I have a confession... I just got an olympus dijickal converted for IR :bonk:

Bessa mmmmmmmmmm. R3a double mmmmmmmmmm. Me have one hurray.................

Back