Official Panasonic GF1 Photo Sharing Thread

Out with the "mad mutt" this afternoon.

Dynamic B&W
Mist effect courtesy of "Mother Nature".

4334283977_39aa92cea2.jpg

That's very nice!!

Lovely Zoidberg, is that in Heysham?

Yip, St Peter's church down in the Village. The path i took that from takes you to the old ruin of St Patricks church and the Stone graves.
Mist/fog was pretty thick this afternoon.

I agree - the composition works much better for me. (is the light always flat where you live though? ;) )

Blue skies with white fluffy clouds would make the world of difference, will try again in the summer (if we get one!)

I've my GF1 / 20mm for 6 days now. I was lucky enough to pick up a Voigtlander 40mm optical viewfinder for £60 off an acquaintance on another forum, so I have a nice, compact companion to my rangefinder gear.

Anyway, one of my first shots - post-processed in Alien Skin's Exposure2 photoshop plugin to mimic Tri-X pushed 2 stops...

http://www.monomagic.co.uk/galleries/paw/2010/2010-week5-1.jpg

Staff Edit : Image(s) removed. (Link(s) left in place). Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules. Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Hope you like it.

Cheers

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
This is getting to be a 1 a day thing!! :D

Testing the 45mm lens on the GF1

Last edited:
Playing with my new 45mm lens...
1st Picture is Fully Auto..

Second Picture is AP F4
Why so much difference in the pics?

Sames pics on 20mm lens

Comments please

Last edited:
My turn...my turn.:nuts:

Thanks Zoidberg. Really enjoying your Morecambe shots btw - haven't managed to get out on the prom with my GF1 yet - might be a good sunset this evening!

Thanks Zoidberg. Really enjoying your Morecambe shots btw - haven't managed to get out on the prom with my GF1 yet - might be a good sunset this evening!

1st pics work for me as the Swans head is at an angle, just "looks better".

Thanks about the Morecambe pics, lots to keep me going for my STW 365 challenge.
Your could be right about this evenings sunset, stuck in lancaster till 5pm so will no doubt miss it. Drives me potty coming home from work, stuck behind slow drivers/in traffic watching the light change from brilliant to naff right in front of my eyes.
Still carrying the GF1 every where means if the opportunity arrises i can grab a pic.

Taken with 45mm Macro-Elmarit lens and then cropped to make the second picture...

Amazing clarity for that amount of cropping

Trying out Macro on the 45mm.....no cropping has been done to the picture, and camera was hand held.

Got my Canon FD Adaptor today, so had a play with a couple of old lenses - quite pleased with some of the shots with the Canon 50mm 1.8

4345929639_3d240d6f4d.jpg

4345919041_18edeb9ae3.jpg

4346679320_e8198f6f2f.jpg

Also just got the Pany 14-45 (thanks Britco!) which seems pretty nice too.

4346653110_9660b103c7.jpg

4345904829_52fa88012c.jpg

4346658276_c2a49b3592.jpg

Last edited:
A very quick snap of the Blizzard that has just blown through here...

Sunset over Morecambe bay.
Just made it down to Heysham in time(thank you lancaster rush hour traffic:bang:)

Click for big.

Some amazing shots on here guys - keep em coming

Damn snow :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Yeah it's really PANT'S at the moment. It's either grey out, rainig, snowing or very low light and when the sun comes out i'm at work!!!!! Like right now. The sun is shinig and i'm sitting here in an empty office writing this!

poop!

:nuts:

Retirement is the answer mate...had over 10 years now, and still not enough hours in the day for me...and now I'm having to find space for my GF1:)

PS would not go back to working (y)

Testing out the GF1 & 45mm lens. Very dull and trying to snow!

Taking on Fully Auto..

45mm lens taking Advert (5.5" x 2.5") in todays Mirror, no flash was used only normal room window lighting

Out on the Mountainbike today. Will suffer tomorrow due to lots of uphill. which hammered my legs and lots of technical downhill that hammered my arms. But the veiw from Parkamoor over coniston water was superb.

click for big

This GF1 is just a great little camera, producing superb results with ease.

Love those "Metal birds". Could spend all day looking at them and taking pics. Its amazing how they change as the light hits them.

4240949561_4238d18d94.jpg

Dont have mine anymore :( (will get another when funds allow!)

anyway - here's some of my favourites :)

4085221273_5bddc137cd_o.jpg

4124842453_8ccdfbe878_o.jpg

4171515038_848b75a9dc_o.jpg

4092671463_bfdb233432_o.jpg

I Miss my GF1 ;(

Love those "Metal birds". Could spend all day looking at them and taking pics. Its amazing how they change as the light hits them.

Yup - I have to say they have done a pretty nice job of doing up the prom - Morecambe is really beautiful on a nice day/evening.

Nice pic btw - and yours Chillimonster - foolish decision to get rid! ;)

Back