Official Panasonic GF1 Photo Sharing Thread

Wow Eric looks pretty sinister there!

Another gig pic from my work - musician is a very talented young singer/songwriter called Katy Pickles. Taken with the Canon FD 50mm 1.8 I got off ebay.

4365224274_71cf02fdcd.jpg

GF1 20mm Lens Hand Held on Auto

Large crop out of bunch of flowers

Above cropped out of this bunch of flowers.

Typical Lancaster half term day. Damp and miserable.
Took Charlie up to Williamson's Park for a Slush but they dont server them in winter :thumbsdown:

Had to make do with a taking a pic of Ashton Memorial instead.
Dynamic B&W, slight crop and tweak of the jpg.

click image to "go large"

The crop looks lovely oldboy2000 - are some of the white flowers a little over-exposed in the uncropped pic though?

a little better in this pic ....I'm learning.....I think!

Nice one Grum.....Looking forward to seeing The Lakes pictures

Very nice Zoidberg. This thread is getting a bit Morecambe-heavy though :LOL:

love the sunsets.
When i was taking the pic of the "metal bird" yesterday, some one was doing a photo shoot on the beach in front of the midland hotel. Poor lass would have been freezing, stood on the beach in a bikini, trying to pretend it was summer.:bonk:

Really like the bokeh'd Midland in the background on that bird pic.

Here's yet another Morecambe shot - I kind of ripped off one of yours Zoidberg. ;)

Cheers, thats the one bird ive not taken any pics of. Need to get the ones on the roundabouts next.

The Midland is such a good building to photo though, classic looks and lovely lines.
Could be a good meeting point, coffee in the Rotunda bar then take pics.

A couple from today on Moel Famau
4372886855_1274fdd324_o.jpg

4373642604_80e41a6e91_o.jpg

I'm really loving playing with this little camera but the lack of a viewfinder was apparent today in the bright sun, point and hope seemed the best approach

I'm really loving playing with this little camera but the lack of a viewfinder was apparent today in the bright sun, point and hope seemed the best approach

Interesting - was it totally useless? did you adjust the brightness at all?

Great photos evryone by the way (y)

Conditions were pretty bright - I really missed a pair of sunglasses. From the camera I was getting more of a reflection off my face than seeing what it was showing me - brightness changes didn't seem to affect it to much.

Having said that I really doubt any screen would have shown in those conditions without some kind of shade. I've had my D300 in easier conditions and struggled to review images.

Any tips?

Conditions were pretty bright - I really missed a pair of sunglasses. From the camera I was getting more of a reflection off my face than seeing what it was showing me - brightness changes didn't seem to affect it to much.

Having said that I really doubt any screen would have shown in those conditions without some kind of shade. I've had my D300 in easier conditions and struggled to review images.

Any tips?

You could buy the EVF but it's expensive and the resolution isn't great apparently.

I have gone for one of these - not got it yet but I will post up how I get on with it.

http://clearviewer.com/Products.html

Finally managed to get up to the Lakes today. Light was mostly fairly flat but I caught a nice spell just on my way home.

4373454357_0e891b20df.jpg

Click here for bigger version
4374215104_44a5c82db5.jpg

4373467247_3aa6aeaec2.jpg

4374235912_4e94d3a91c.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers - like the snowy pics btw. I found pretty much the same as you with the screen on a very bright day out in the Yorkshire Dales, which is what prompted me to order the clearviewer.

Can't quite bring myself to spend £170 on the EVF at the moment.

Couldn't help myself, last week had some money, this week got a GF1 :)
My contribution to the thread...
p1010056.jpg

Only just noticed this one - I like it. What background is it taken against and is there any PS involved?

Agreed - number 3 is the clear winner though

Cheers bloater - think these are some of my favourite pics I've taken so far. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments.

Simple set up as I was just playing around in my study. Used a desk lamp to light Homer up, stood him on a piece of white card and then snapped away. There were a lot of rejects...

Only PS involved was a little Lightroom - cropped picture, corrected the white balance and added a light vignette.

Another from little old me!

Click for larger

Some superb work there Grum!!!(y)

Back