TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of possibles for next month's Monochrome competition at Camera Club

Old Royal Naval College

Ancient.jpg

Just Old :D

Ancient-1.jpg

I like the first one, great lighting and sky. The viewpoint adds a great dramatic feel.

Not too sure about the second, could have perhaps done with an horizon. Of course that's only my opinion.

I'd have personallly liked to have seen some horizon,even if had been bland,think it would have added some depth and a little more interest to the shot
I'd probably make a lousy judge saying that :cautious: :LOL:

First shot works well,nice perspective and pp suits

Marc, to me the first is overcooked. I guess it is HDR, then B&W and then toned. Its all a bit too much. Stripped back a bit it would look better. Also clipping that bottom left corner is distracting me too. The second looks much better but could do without the blue toning. Keep it B&W and get a really good contrast in their and for me it would be much better.

The sky in the first is fantastic.

I had to do a double take with the second one, like 'I see bits of wood and I see water but the water is not all fashionably milky!' It works :)

I think the first one is amazing, I really like how there seems to be a subtle warp to the building on the far right almost as if them dark storm clouds are swallowing it up. it has a real sense of menace.

Good work

Thanks for the comments guys.

Jim, agree slightly with regards to the 1st one being a little overcooked (used a preset in Lightroom). The projector at camera club tends to make photos a little washed out so I may have overcompensated a little. With the 2nd, I tried just B&W but just couldn't quite get it to look right IYSWIM. Competition is in 6 weeks so plenty of time to play. :D

First one for me. Great lines and oodles of drama.

fabs said:
Thanks for the comments guys.

Jim, agree slightly with regards to the 1st one being a little overcooked (used a preset in Lightroom). The projector at camera club tends to make photos a little washed out so I may have overcompensated a little. With the 2nd, I tried just B&W but just couldn't quite get it to look right IYSWIM. Competition is in 6 weeks so plenty of time to play. :D

It's always best to compensate for the local conditions! ;)

Back