weekly Dan Hardwick 52 Challenge - Week 7,8 & 9 Bold, Relax and Vertical added

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
So after 2 failed years in both 2012 and 2014 I have decided that third time lucky im in again. Got a busy year ahead but I enjoy this challenge and it gets me out with the camera each week.

Just hope I make it past week 9 this time.

aHsk7eaVN2

Great first shot, Dan ;)

If you are having problems uploading just ask.

Cheers and welcome aboard.

Great first shot, Dan ;)

If you are having problems uploading just ask.

Cheers and welcome aboard.

Thanks, the problem is that I am away from home and using my tablet and phone, the apps for both Flickr and talk photography don't allow you to see bb code links and neither do the mobile version s of the websites.

Found a way round in the end though.

Welcome back Dan, knew you wouldn't be able to resist. Great shot for practice.

Some great patterns there Dan, I can't stop looking at the 2nd pic, almost looks like the sea from above.

Some great patterns there Dan, I can't stop looking at the 2nd pic, almost looks like the sea from above.

Thanks John, I like that one the best I think, it's very surreal. A unique pattern gone after 5 minutes with the blowers on.

Hi again Dan .... I hope you make the challenge to the end this time.

The ice shots are my favourites this week.

I hope so too, I'm determined this year to not let myself get too precious about the images and post whatever comes first. I can always repost later in the week if I see something else.

Thanks for the like.

Last edited:
You do realise that you are giving the rest of us a bad name don't you? :D

I really like the one through the car window :)

You do realise that you are giving the rest of us a bad name don't you? :D

I really like the one through the car window :)

Thanks, don't worry I'm sure it won't last.

Of the three, I like the car window one best. Random pattern but beautiful colour.

Thanks, I warmed it up a bit from the really cold blue but the yellow was always there.

It's the second frost pattern for me Dan as the first one seems a little soft or slightly OOF. Which lens did you use?

It's the second frost pattern for me Dan as the first one seems a little soft or slightly OOF. Which lens did you use?

Its a sigma 24-70 f2.8 and the one here looks quite sharp where the focus point is, it might be the upload process I have used. Im only working on mobile devices so limited resolutions.

Love the first shot Dan. You realise of course you have now set your standard as at least 3 images per week :wideyed:

Welcome back Dan :)
Everything crossed that you get through to week 52 this year.

The original submission is the stand out one for me, although there's something attractive about all of them.
I just love the geometric shapes in it - it has sort of an alien forest feel and it's almost hard to believe that it's something as simple as frost on the car.

The flickr version does the image justice. really cannot decide between the two frosty images. the first one I like for the coolness and the second for the colours. both portray pattern well.

Nice start Dan :clap: The weather has been kind for the frosty shots
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Welcome/welcome-back Dan

#1 frost shot (y) nice effect.

Welcome to 2015 52s Dan - three good shots to start the year. Not sure why exactly, but I think I have to go with the second frosty one, just like the mix of colours in it! With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

Wow its been busy over the last couple of days.

Love the first shot Dan. You realise of course you have now set your standard as at least 3 images per week :wideyed:

Thanks Barry, I dont think I can keep that up, ill be happy if I stay the distance with one shot. Ill see what i can do.

Welcome back Dan :)
Everything crossed that you get through to week 52 this year.

The original submission is the stand out one for me, although there's something attractive about all of them.
I just love the geometric shapes in it - it has sort of an alien forest feel and it's almost hard to believe that it's something as simple as frost on the car.

Thanks Sarah, The bobbles of water make it look good. I couldn't resist the shot. I was in two minds whether to take part this year until i took that shot.

The flickr version does the image justice. really cannot decide between the two frosty images. the first one I like for the coolness and the second for the colours. both portray pattern well.

Thanks for your feedback. There is something about the preview that just ruins images.

Hi Dan & welcome to the 52's madhouse :wave:

1st image for me....the detail is amazing & the DOF sliver thin :clap:

The 2nd one looks like an aerial shot of earth from a plane....over the Alps or similiar ...like it but not as much as #1

Cheers, I took a few different DOFs but i thought this one was great as it gave it almost a macro feel, It was at full zoom too to give it the extra compression. Seems like Number 1 is the winner.

Nice start Dan :clap: The weather has been kind for the frosty shots
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Thanks very much.

A great start indeed. I think image 1 for me too. Great patterns on the droplets.

Thanks very much, Number 1 has definitely come out tops this week.

Welcome/welcome-back Dan

#1 frost shot (y) nice effect.

Thanks very much

Welcome to 2015 52s Dan - three good shots to start the year. Not sure why exactly, but I think I have to go with the second frosty one, just like the mix of colours in it! With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

Thanks very much, the commenting always gets to me as i feel bad for not getting it done but as Dark Knight said in one of the threads, don't let it get in the way of the photographs. I think i have been guilty of that before.

I'm another vote for the first image. I keep going back to look at it, funny how there's all these little patterns everywhere and we rarely notice them.

I do the second one though, my brain just seems to trick me into seeing camouflage and it all melts away into one.

Have I stopped by? Your shot caught my eye in the photo thread. The detail is excellent, looks a bit alien and spacey but the mystery is always good. Welcome and have fun :)

I dont think you have until now, Hello. Thanks for the comments.

I'm another vote for the first image. I keep going back to look at it, funny how there's all these little patterns everywhere and we rarely notice them.

I do the second one though, my brain just seems to trick me into seeing camouflage and it all melts away into one.

Thanks very much, Its amazing whats directly under your nose, or the roof of your car. The second one is definitely surreal.

Week 1 - Bliss

Two from me this week, there might be a third if i can get out in the week, i thought of it after my shopping trip, ill probably leave it for a re-shoot week though.

First one is my idea of Breakfast Bliss.
Tried to get a bit arty with it like you would see on a menu or brochure.

TP52 Week 1 - Breakfast Bliss by danhardwick, on Flickr

Second is my idea of Blissful Shopping, No-one about to get in your way.
Edit - This is meant to be the Bliss of the Post sales Rush, Quiet shops, Not sure i expressed that well enough before.

Tp52 Week 1 - Bliss(ful) Shopping by danhardwick, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, Sorry if I don't comment on your threads all of the time, there just isn't enough time in my day at the minute.

Last edited:
Two shots that definitely fit the bill there Dan, the first one would be my choice, well composed, well lit and the shallow DoF works well. My only crit would be in future to clear the crumbs from the plate (or clone them out), the White crumbs on the blue plate stand out a touch, other than that it's a big thumbs up from me.

Just noticed the cropped edge of the board it's sat on, that's playing havoc with my OCD.

Last edited:
Dan

1st image for me… far better fit than the second! Cant say the crumbs are an issue for me! They are real life… They were there and part of the scene…. leave them in!

Maybe just a slightly lower view point i'd have went for and a little more DOF too.

Great theme shot though.

Mark

Bliss - two images that fit the theme nicely, the first image is a winner for me I love a bacon sandwich. Nice sharp image, my only niggle is I'd prefer to have the whole plate in the frame rather than the edge clipped.

Two well captured photographs. #1 for me. Well composed and nice DOF to cover all the areas. I'd like to see some coffee but appreciate it's there.

Cheers.

Back