weekly Danhardwick's Photo 52 - Week 8 - Ending

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my second attempt at a photo 52 my first one failed after about 9 weeks as I set too many specific rules for myself.

This time its a simple 52 for me but each time trying to learn something new, a new technique, process etc.

Hope you all spare a few moments to comment and ill endeavour to return the favour.

Tjanks for looking.

Last edited:
Week 0 - Odd (socks and a glove???)

This week I used the theme to practice with some off camera flash and the way it works with my camera and remote firimg. I have tried it before but I wanted to find its limitations. It was an interesting hour that I spent using different bounce angles and distances.

I also wanted to try the method of processing, uploading, posting and commenting without the use of a laptop or pc, solely on my tablet. So far so good.

This should make it easier for me to stay the distance.

Week 0 - Odd ( socks )
by danhardwick, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hello Dan, I'd like to get into using off camera flash, and it was meant to be a goal for last year - will try harder this year ;)

Good effort Dan, I see you still got a mountain bike themed item in there.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your entries.

HI Dan & :welcome: back

Good simple on theme image to start with :)

Can't get your link to work form the pic only thread by the way ?

Welcome, Dan, on theme and looks like you had an enjoyable hour.

I'll C&C proper in your week 1.

Cheers.

Thanks week one will take a bit more thought. Im looking forward to it though.

Hello and welcome, good luck with your 52 challenge.

Thanks

Hello Dan, I'd like to get into using off camera flash, and it was meant to be a goal for last year - will try harder this year ;)

I need to get more time using it, I have omly used it with still objects, id like to get skilled with it and them progress to live models.

Good effort Dan, I see you still got a mountain bike themed item in there.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your entries.

Cheers John, I hadnt thought of the mountain bike glove, oh dear what have I done.
HI Dan & :welcome: back

Good simple on theme image to start with :)

Can't get your link to work form the pic only thread by the way ?

Thanks Lynne, link fixed now. I had edited late last night snd broke it.

Week 1 - Linear/Line
I had several ideas this week, some through inspiration from other threads and other photographers. Some of the ideas I couldnt see how to make them work and a couple of them I couldnt get access too. Maybe ill do a reshoot later in the year.

This idea came from the drive to work this morning, I have often looked into the wing mirror and thought that will make a good shot but never tried it. So here it is, hope you like it.

Week 1 - Linear_line

I'm not stalking you today Alan - honest!!!

Dan, Fantastic shot there, great colours, contrasting well with the dark tones. Great job keeping separation of the two main trees from the car body, and also the lower most tree in the reflection on the window.

lovely job. :)

Great shot Dan, lovely take on the theme. My only issue is I find the white object, possibly a stone on the left hand side of the image a touch distracting. Nice one mate.

hi Dan
Like that shot - unusual angle and some excellent colours. Good crop and composition
PS your link in the main thread does not work to get me to this thread

Thanks Alan for the comments. I have fixed the link now. I keep getting that wrong, must get it right next week.

I'm not stalking you today Alan - honest!!!

Dan, Fantastic shot there, great colours, contrasting well with the dark tones. Great job keeping separation of the two main trees from the car body, and also the lower most tree in the reflection on the window.

lovely job. :)

Thanks Graham much appreciated, colours are pretty much out of camera, with a raw conversion.

Great shot Dan, lovely take on the theme. My only issue is I find the white object, possibly a stone on the left hand side of the image a touch distracting. Nice one mate.

Thanks John, told you it was a bit random to the ideas we had talked about. I am not sure what the white is, I think its plastic but I see what you mean.

Lovely reflection with interesting lines. I do like the colours and the contrast with the shadows. Perhaps could be lightened a tad?

Good start.

Possibly have the line starting in the right bottom corner :thinking: I like the reflection (y)

Hi, colour reflected in the windows is really good, overall very pleasing

Hi Dan

I really like this, love its originality, colours and reflection

Original and cleverly done.

Gerry

Lovely reflection with interesting lines. I do like the colours and the contrast with the shadows. Perhaps could be lightened a tad?

Good start.
I can see the line for the theme but most of all you've captured some lovely tones in both the sky and reflections of the windows
Great shoot for the line theme- as a massive car nut, I'm gutted I didn't think of it :(

Well done u
Original and cleverly done.

Gerry
Hi Dan

I really like this, love its originality, colours and reflection
Hi, colour reflected in the windows is really good, overall very pleasing
Hi Dan :)

Line - Nice one... Like the chrome line leading down the car to the trees in the background, they fit the space nicely, also liking the reflection in the glass (y)
I agree with what has already been said, great take on the theme
Great shoot for the line theme- as a massive car nut, I'm gutted I didn't think of it :(

Well done u

Thanks for all of the support, really appreciated, I see I have some work to do for the week 2 image.

Possibly have the line starting in the right bottom corner :thinking: I like the reflection (y)
Yeah, on theme and nice colours. I'd like to see if from further back snowing more of the line.

Cheers.
Really nice shot because of the colours and the reflection. As others have said, for the theme it would have added more impact to see more of the line. Nevertheless, great shot.

Thanks for the critique, I was limited by the wing mirror being right below the camera but i can see your points.

A really lovely job to get 2 reflections my only criticism, the 2 white objects that draw my eye the one bottom left and a small one at the back of the car maybe bumper?

Alas i didnt notice these until I had got back as I was on the way to work and was taken on the fly a little bit. I could PP them out but I didnt really feel it warrented it.

Thanks

Hi Dan

I really like that shot.....use of DOF , the reflection & using the car for the lines.....good work mister (y)

some of us from last year are heading to Norfolk in February for a meet....maybe we'll see you there ??

Thanks for the comments, a meet up would be great, date depending, is there a thread for the meet up.

So week 2, hada bit of trouble getting time this week. Hence I have not commented much, I will get round to you all.

Here is my take on play, I knew where I wanted to take the shot but wasnt sure how it would work, luckily there was a discarded skate board which was perfect.

I was trying to get the abandoned playground feel.

Week 2 - Play

Hi Dan, I think that i would have liked th see the skateboard in focus, but great idea tho' (y)
Good idea for the theme but I am with Judi I would of liked the skateboard to be in focus.

Thanks for the quick comments, I was hoping for a motion blur to give movement. That didnt necesarily cone across how wanted it to.

Skateboard needs to be in focus, the motion blur should come from you panning the subject and the background giving the motion. I would have got some action shots since you went to the effort of going to the skatepark...

Nice idea though mate, they don't always work out as planned! (y)

Last edited:
The graffiti looks interesting but only serves to distract from the blurred skateboard. Nice idea but the compostion isn't quite right.

Back