Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Would have loved to see the setup - I bet the M10 looked tiny :)

Nice shot by the way and very clean - did you use the wifi for focus?

Minor GAS update - the 100-300 will now be in my Christmas pile :rolleyes:

I had to take a family shot for my kids school a bit back, sat the camera on a fence post, mobile with app in my hand, glimpsed down got focus, looked up hid hands and snap - job done :)

Before that I thought wifi was a gimmick.

I've never had a camera with it, but it does have it's uses. Haven't tried sharing anything from it yet, but i may do. I had the camera resting on a step ladder for this shot... :eek: was just waiting for it to come crashing down. :LOL:

haha, that would have sucked!

Constipated face ?

I'm tempted by the 45!

Got a day at the beach with the kids tomorrow, can't wait to get the camera out

You guys are really making me want one now....I was thinking I was gonna wait and see what the em-5 ii comes up with but the itch is getting really strong now...

Actually, the opposite Damian. It's my 'that felt wet' face...

Hey Lee. Really happy with it so far. I think the grip will be a must though in the new year but I may get used to it.
No doubt its not the first time you've heard this but get a grip ;)

That's where I go it mine, was £40 at the time, there is an unofficial one that's supposed to be good too, I don't have the link to hand though.

Nice shots.

David - I found those links (back on my PC now) - Link 1 - Third Party, supposed to be pretty good. Link 2 - Looks like the official one but is sourced in Korea, so I'm guessing its not form Sony ;)

Nice shots Damian. Makes me feel a little more confident about tomorrow. Which AF mode did you go with?

Lol John, not unless they went through with the plot from the film. Thanks for the links will give them a nosey.

S-AF. I was more trying to see what worked and what didn't in terms of speed.

I need a longer lens as you know so that I can stop cropping so heavily.

I think you'll be fine tomorrow - as long as you use a wide lens

It'll be the 14-42 ez so that will have to do. Looks quite frankly ridiculous with the flash on the top...

Manual mode at 1/250 and widest aperture with iso 1600 then adjust flash to suit. Well, in theory anyway. Lol.

Better feel than your nikon? Glad you swapped?

Was tempted by one of these a while back myself!!

The initial pics are more pleasing, but time will tell Shaheed. It's going to take some getting used to as I knew where everything was on my Nikon and was used to it. Need a bit more time to get used to the layout and menu system but I think it'll be great. The lenses really are superb.

It will certainly get used more thank the Nikon as it fits in my coat pocket. :)

Covered a boxing event this evening with the em10 and the 14-42 ez..

Tried C-AF with tracking... wow what a piece of crap that is!! Stuck with S-AF and all looks good on the screen. Will wait and see what they look like on the computer tomorrow. A breath of fresh air not to have to worry about iso. Alot different to how I felt when using the d7k. BUT... like I said, I'll let you know more when I've checked them and I'll post a few.

Anyone using the new Nissin i40 flash? My Nikon flashes are way too big.

There's an em-10 kit in classified for 400 quid, someone should snap that up, it's a bargain. If I didn't already have one I'd be all over it!

The EM10 with EZ lens is £519.00 currently on Amazon, a pound cheaper than HDEW and free delivery. Thought it was a good price.

Back