On Line Photography Training Courses

Edit My Images
No
Hello Everyone!

I have just joined the forum and wondered if anyone could share their experiences / views on the many on-line photography courses that seem to be available on the web.

I have been interested in photography as a hobby for several years, but now wish to spend more time developing my skills and wondered if an on-line course was the way forward.

Before I commit to anything I'd be grateful if anyone has any experiences - good or bad that they would share.

Thanks in advance!

Hi dougalcat & welcome to the forum.

I have no experience of online courses or reading magazines to do with photography to be honest as I find that being here is the best way of learning ever. There are a fair amount of professionals who are more than willing to offer advice and critique and plenty of us amateurs so you're not on your own. The Tutorial section is a must visit as it's so full of inspiration and ideas with clear instructions.

Please join in and have fun, then decide if a course is the way to go.

Gary :)

But I find having a structure to your learning is very useful.

Whilst there is lots of great advice out there (on here and in magazines and I believe there are 'other' photography websites out there too), some people like to be told what's going on, how that affects the pic, what to change etc. I also like to have set targets: this month take a picture of transport etc. I know the comp does this and tbh, I often use the comp theme as an instruction on how to focus my limited photography knowledge.

Back